How to make Decisive do its job

Options
gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,532

Change Decisive to remain active until another Survivor is hooked.

All the sudden the guesswork and grabbing exploits are fixed. The Killer doesn't have to guess when Decisive is over and it doesn't kill a strong Killer's momentum. It also discourages unsafe unhooks, farming and trading, which are all Survivor play styles that need to be punished.

Decisive will protect you from being tunneled, but it won't reward you for playing like an idiot. And it won't punish a Killer for being efficient and ending chases quickly

Comments

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Why this is a bad idea:

You're unhooked. At the SAME TIME a survivor is being hooked by the killer. Now the killer is free to come back and tunnel.

DS is mostly fine. It doesn't have to JUST be an anti-tunnel perk. The only time it should be disabled is if you personally unhook someone.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

This + also it can be abused by SWF with sabo. And VERY TERRIBLE for solo players. That's a NO from me

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

its fine as is

• KingFrost
    Options

So because your teammates were dumb, you should be punished for it? Yeah, definitely the logic of someone who only plays killer.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

I was with this idea - until I had a match yesterday that illustrated why there is a timer. I get hooked. Close by an injured survivor is then immediately found and hooked on the next closest hook. It took a fellow teammate longer to get to me than it did for the killer to down the next guy and take him to the hook. I get off hooked a millisecond before the next guy is hooked - practically simultaneous. Killer turns around and goes for me as my feet barely hit the ground because he was in direct eyesight of me and hooks are closer together now. He downed me immediately. If this didn't happen, I would agree. But it does. Especially with unfortunate teammates. As a solo, I'm not taking responsibility for other people's missteps like this. Especially when hooks are closer and Killers are lobbying for smaller maps, which only makes this scenario easier. Was I technically tunneled? If you go by the definition of someone being hooked after you get off-hooked, no. Was it a fair situation and did I have any chance to escape? No. If this rule was installed, my perk would have been active for less than a second or two. Hard pass.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Even better: delete it.

• Shin_Vertigo
    Shin_Vertigo Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2020
    Options

I feel a good fix for decisive would be this:

• No skill check, just an auto activation
    • Active from the moment you are unhooked for 1 min
    • If another survivor is hooked during the 1 min, decisive deactivates
    • For 10 secs after unhook, if you are downed, decisive remains active for the full minute regardless of the last part

This fixes:

• Tunnelling
    • Survivor stupidity allowing them hook transfers
    • Screwing over killers when they didn't really want to tunnel, but did so on accident
    • Camping killers screwing over survivors that get rescued without borrowed time

Edit: No skill check is so a perk that only activates situationally doesn't skip out because of dumb skill check misses (i.e. killer perks or abilities that make skill checks harder or just genuinely unskilled survivors who can't hit the harder skill check). Possibly make it able to activate more than once? With the new conditions I don't know that the perk would break then, but maybe it would.

• gatsby
    Options

I have more playtime on Survivor. And it's the logic of someone who plays Red Rank Killer against coordinated SWFs every other game

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Am I missing something?

Is this not a team game? If your teammates mess up should it not harm the team?

🤔

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

Boo decisive strike boo nerf boo plz devs boo

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

i mean i hooked two other survivors and still get hit by DS, the issue is it lasts way too long. reduce it to 30seconds and done, honestly anyone complaining about a nerf to it clearly runs it and dont want their meta taken away... personally getting tired of having to slug half teh game because i go against meta swf... how boring

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

I rather have the perk deactivate if a survivor begins to repair a generator, or complete some sort of complicated action, such as unhooking (which was mentioned above). I don't really have a problem with DS, but what I do have a problem with is the people who go out of their way to harass me when I'm deliberately avoiding them because I know they have it. ######### your perk immunity.

• gatsby
    Options

You know the hoe who t-bags right outside of a locker and if you swing immediately goes into it so you can't grab them

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

If you have your own team, sure. When you get stuck with random individuals, no. You, as an individual survivor, shouldn't be punished for the idiotic actions of a teammate you did not select just because you're working with other solos toward a common goal. A troll going for an unsafe off hook should be the one getting murdered. Not the poor guy on hook who had no say in the matter. And as a Killer - I'm much more likely to go for the person being a dumbass than the person who was a victim of their dumbassery.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    Options

The entitled is so gross my team sucks so i should have god mode reeee even though you didnt tunnel me i should still have 60 seconds god mode reee your killing us to fast give me fod mode

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

I support this idea (admittedly from a killer main perspective)

I'm fine with making it a non-skill check perk, as I don't think that really changes anything.

You could tweak it slightly and say that not only does the killer have to hook someone else for it to de-activate, but they need to land a successful offensive action as well, this would prevent the double hook scenario some in the thread are complaining about. Basically if you require a hit and a hook, it means the killer definitely went and chased someone else, and didn't just down two at once, hook one, hook another.

By making it only 10 seconds and still allowing you to get slugged it doesn't completely make Borrowed Time Obsolete.

And yeah with these parameters in place it could activate twice and I would be fine with it.

• KingFrost
    Options

The entitlement is so gross. I deserve a 4K I can't wait 60 seconds Reee I can't kill you straight off the hook reeeeeee

• elvangulley
    Options

With the way gens pop no a killer cant wait 60 seconds and your not entitled to time

• KingFrost
    Options

There are other players you can go after in that 60 seconds, believe it or not. I do it all the time! You're not entitled to a 4K anymore than survivors are entitled to an escape.

• elvangulley
    Options

If i chase down and hook another survivor your not entitled to untouched status you weren't being tunneled if you have to fully heal you weren't tunneled if you can jump on a gen you dont deserve god mode