firecrackers are joke

Options
MeeSush
MeeSush Member Posts: 37

firecrackers are literally joke, there is no use of it, killer can just look up and avoid it since it makes that noise which gives killer plenty of time to react. either remove sound or make it so that killer have to look back inorder to dodge, else whats the point of using it. not to mention, it shouldn't be there at bloodwave in events.I dont wanna spend my 3k bp for troll item. what do you guys think?

Comments

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257
    Options

I find them good, if you put them in the right spot you will always blind the killer, but realism and fairness, I have never heard of a completely quiet firecracker 😑

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

You're not using the properly, then. They work fantastic when you force an action on the killer, like vaulting and pallet breaking. I myself find them annoying. With flashlights, I can still hear the survivor, but with firecrackers? I have to guess.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I don't see an issue with them.

They do their job (one time blind or just celebration).

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I'll agree with OP, they're hardly useful for a one-time-use item and have no add-ons. I'd rather use any other item in the game.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

Firecrackers shouldn't be very practical, they're supposed to be a oneoff celebration kind of item, and their blinding capability is fine.

The whole no noise notification thing might be weird, but stuff like Red Herring and Diversion indicate that devs really don't want Survivors throwing out fake noise notifications everywhere. As a Killer main myself I actually wouldn't mind having to ask myself every now and then if a noise notification is legit, but eh.

• MeeSush
    Options

But is it worthy for 3k bps? I don't think so. and it comes 2-3 very bloodweb.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
    Options

congratulations that's the point its mostly a meme item

• Geulha
    Geulha Member Posts: 5
    Options

Use the offering that let's all survivors start together, then if the killer comes about, throw that ######### and scatter like roaches. Fun times.

• furymeteor
    furymeteor Member Posts: 22
    Options

Since it is a limited event item, I think practicality isn't the most important. It's there mainly just for fun and to commemorate the event.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

The main feature of the firecracker is the noise. When blinded at pallets or vaulting a window as killer, you can’t see but are able to hear the survivors. With firecrackers, if you blind them at a pallet, pickup animation or vaulting then you essentially get a free escape provided you’re not trying something idiotic.

it also seems like most people don’t know how to use them properly. I see people body blocking the hook trying to do it but it blinds the nearest person, meaning the body blocker is going to be blind.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 647
    Options

Funny. People in my games know how to use them effectively. They often drop them when I am in locked animation like breaking a pallet or picking up a downed survivor. It's not a flashbang you throw at the killer's face to blind them. You drop them in front of the killer when they can not look away.

• myersismydaddy
    myersismydaddy Member Posts: 232
    Options

They are a fun item, and they are not too strong on purpose. They can come in very clutch in a lot of situations though. Either in chase, or when the killer is picking somebody up. You have to get the timing right, and you can drop it in the path that you know that the killer will take when carrying the survivor. There is a fair chance that they will not hear the noise warning before it's too late. In chases, you can drop it around the corner when the killer can't see you for a couple of seconds, they turn the corner and bam, blinded.

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273
    Options

But they can also blind your fellow survivors, and isn't that what really matters in the end?

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

I have been able to achieve the freedom of a lot of survivors on the killers shoulder as they didn't expect firecrackers. If you get the timing right, they work very nicely.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

the best way of using them is taking a hit while bodyblocking the hook then dropping them straightaway. Got a few saves that way.

• MeeSush
    Options

yeah i am trying to learn timing for save but it seems you have to it drop way early.