The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

8 Games in a row, no win (Survivor)

I've been playing for a few months now, rank 2-3 survivor. I honestly don't know how this game is supposed to be balanced. Killer wins almost 100% of the time in higher ranks.

As an example, the last game I played it was against freddy, indoor map. He had HEX: RUIN and no one could do a generator, no one could escape. How does the killer have fun when there is no challange?

Every other game also, zero survivors escaped, except one hatch escape.

I probably wont play much longer. Not that the game devs probably care. You who are reading wont care, I know. I'm simply confused as to how this game is supposed to work?

Comments

• davefromthegrave
    davefromthegrave Member Posts: 7

Okay, so how do I lose rank? I should probably go back to level 10 where it was balanced and some how fun. That seemed to be the fun spot.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Either wait for the rank reset on 4/13 or just continue playing poorly? While I dont condone dying immediately; the best way would just be to practice running the killer.. you either die or improve at the hardest part of the game.

• davefromthegrave

It also doesn't make sense is how every other survivor (not just me) loses the games I'm in. So the matchmaking and balance in this game is that bad? Is that just how it's supposed to be?

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

define "winning" pls

• davefromthegrave

At least a person escaping would mean someone on your survivor team won. To me 2 people leaving is a tie, 3+ escape is a win. But you can all agree that no one escaping is a complete loss.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

I seriously don't get why people get on here and just BLATANTLY lie about their experience. LMAO could that possibly read more like a new player?

First of all hes rank "2-3".....doesn't know his own rank. A rank 2-3 who DOESNT KNOW HOW TO LOSE Rank.....

THe killer had "Hex Ruin" and nobody could do a generator. People are supposed to take that serious? In RED RANKS!?

You're confused on how the game is supposed to work but you're a red rank survivor. K.

Reality, he's a rank 15-20 getting smashed and is annoyed that the game isn't easy as soon as he picks it up.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2020

Nah he’s right, killers win too much lol I’m rank 3 survivor and all my teammates are always red rank. Killers are too efficient. At least most of them are. I see teammates that really do try too , but to no avail

• SurviveByDaylight

I’m on your side . It’s like 75% of the killers have too much potential . It’s near impossible to do the last gen if you’re by yourself. And you wonder why there’s a key. Killers have ebony Mori which is unnecessary ! Yes survivors have a key but they aren’t equal . Survivors still have to do the work, killers get a short cut

• SurviveByDaylight

I’m a firm believer this game is killer sided because killers don’t pip for getting less than 4 kills, so they make it as ez as possible for them 🤷‍♂️ Yet they still cry 🤨

• SurviveByDaylight

im a level 5 killer. Lvl 3 survivor.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

"Killer wins almost 100% of the time in higher ranks"

I swear these baits lose taste during April fools

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited April 2020

I dont agree at all, if you gen rush, just do gens at the cost of everything else with optimised perks and items and 3 escape with pretty much no points and barely a safety pip, is that a win for survivors?

nobody had fun, idk why you even play when you play like that.

Same on the killer side, be Huntress, bring irredecent head and an ebony mori, you 4k, sooo you won?

Play killer and all survivors run up to die and you 4k.... did you win?

Play killer, you facecamp and altruistic survivors come for saves, you slug them all and hook them, did you win?

To me "winning" is defined as a fun balanced match, that could end either in a 4k or everyone escapeing, its not of influence imo.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

do you have an issue with that? or are you just randomly disrespecting people?

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

It's 3 AM, if it wasn't for the sudden realization that April Fool's was upon us, this bait would've actually worked on me. Kudos to OP.

10/10 April Fool's joke.

Really nailed the seemingly entitled attitude -Rank 1 killer main who's played since 2017

Lowkey actually relatable to OP -Rank 14 Claudette

Lmao git gud bby survivor -Rank 1 Nea main who took OP seriously

• toxicmegg

oh my, you are probably the most entitled killer main i have seen. do you actually play survivor at all? what rank are you as killer because i 4k nearly every match at rank 1.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347

Would you mind streaming on twich, I gladly watch you playing

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

The only thing killers have going for them in red ranks are the amount of survivors who don't belong in red ranks at all. Can't go 2 games without people sandbagging, suiciding on first hook, and other such shenanigans. Its either that, or a group with enough coordination to have at least 1 person always on a gen and then the time is objectively on their side. The "balance" of the game is supposed to be everything in between, but all it does is reward the extremes and piss everyone off tbh

• toxicmegg

i dont understand that some people actually have hard time as killer XD i think they just want to have it as easy as possible so they make up weird complaints they can deal with if they want to.

• VicThor

I was just asking if I could watch you playing in red rank having 4k in almost every match. I would like to improve my gameplay. Would you mind streaming?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited April 2020

First of all, you play this game a few months now, so you are probably, even tho you might see it different, a noob. Rank does not matter that much, i boosted someone who was basicly a rank 20 to rank 1 within 2 weeks btw. Dont fool yourself by thinking you are actually good when you reach red ranks as a survivor, it is really easy unfortunatly (it took me 2 weeks to get it, no braging but it is the truth).

Second, no! Killers dont win 100% of their games in red ranks, not even close. If you are a good survivor, you actually should have a decent outcome. It is definitly not as bad as many killer mains here claim, but you have to put some effort into it to become a decent killer. Also, getting better as survivor takes time, but once you are there you will understand what i mean.

You SHOULD play much longer my friend and you definitly should not give up. Stop complaining about that killers are op because they are not, trust me.

Simple Advice: Get better at the game. Come back in half a year, read your own posting again and i promise, your opinion will not be the same anymore, at least very likely.

Kind regards

• toxicmegg

honestly, i wouldn't mind but i dont have anything to stream with. maybe you could watch me play if you're on ps4? or just watch other killer plqyers if you want to improve. monto, otz and tru3 are my recommendations.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Problem is that ranking up as a survivor is relativly easy compared to killer

Killers at red rank tend to know what they are doing while you only need to be avarage at survivor and play a lot to get to red ranks

Wich tend to lead to complete stomps

My advice is not playing that much. Try playing only 2 to 3 games a day and you will tend to stick in the rank you are suppose to be in

The game also becomes a lot less frustrating cause the frustrations don't get a chance to build up

• toxicmegg

then you can't say anything about it if you don't even play that side. and i 4k NEARLY every match using mostly freddy, spirit and ghostface. it's very, very rare 2 or more survivors escape when i play killer.

try playing solo survivor on red ranks and you notice what you said is wrong. it is 1% chance alll survivors will escape.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

I assume by him saying "I'm simply confused as to how this game is supposed to work?", chances are he's probably not particularly great or experienced with the game, along with him saying he's only had the game a few months (no offence to OP). Anyone logical knows how busted ranking up as survivor is and how incredibly easy it is, and that garbage rank system appears to be in play here. So don't be surprised that they don't know how it works. He might be lying, who knows, I don't and you definitely don't.

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144

If you aren't in a SWF solo queue can be trash. 2-3man swf and the games get easier.

• Ryuhi

dang i should buy some lotto tickets with how many 1%'s ive been getting. maybe i'll even kobe one of these games~

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

I win 99% of my games in solo queues. If you cant doesnt mean everyone cant.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

You just bad then. Solo is extremely easy and there are perks that extremely op against solos.

• xpertbandit
    xpertbandit Member Posts: 12

"You aren't meant to win every game..."

I think that's something a lot of us has to realize. No one, whether killer or survivor, is undefeated. Some days you just gotta take an L.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

I'm also a red rank survivor for two years now. I've had plenty of bad streaks during that time. I remember not escaping for over ten games straight before a lucky hatch escape happened. I naturally depipped but worked my way back to red. It happens and it sucks but unfortunately it's part of the game. I feel your pain though.

• toxicmegg

are u a rank 20? because that doesn't much happen at red ranks. no matter what you're trying to prove, that's a fact.

• Ryuhi

I'm pretty consistently red rank survivor, usually get to purple in killer. If you do 1-2 gens, get 1-2 safe saves, get chased for more than a few seconds, you've got bare minimum a safety pip at any rank (already a pip at low to mid ranks.) Even at rank 1 you can pip without surviving the match, let alone you would double pip for the same result at lesser ranks. It's really, really easy to rank up as survivor if you can hold M1 and know how to not panic throw pallets and get downed instantly.

That said, half the problem is that it IS that easy, which leads to people getting to red ranks when they really don't belong there. Those players in turn sandbag the hell out of their teammates, whether by accident or on purpose, and the remaining players either get over it and get their black pip minimum or they don't take it as an opportunity to improve. Has every survivor been awful at chases? Get chased on purpose to waste the killer's time so they can get whatever saves/healing/gens are needed. If you belong in red ranks, you should be able to do so. If you can't, then you don't belong there any more than the team you lament.

On the inverse, killers rank to around green or so absurdly easy, because survivors at that or lower need to either be new, have been on hiatus, or just rarely play. This causes easy pips to a point, and its easy until they go against survivors who actually know how perform simple functions like holding M1 in front of a gen instead of playing as claudette and crouching in some random corner. By the time those killers get to red ranks, they had to get their 100% of their own volition: they have no team to carry them, and "cheap tactics" like facecamping and moris will hurt their emblems far too much to get them there. With few exceptions, a killer at red rank has put more personal skill and effort into their position than a survivor of equal standing.

All of that said, if you think of 4kill or 4survive as the only win condition, you're probably the main source of your own frustration.

• davefromthegrave

You do realize I said I want to go back to rank 10 or so right? Also, my whole team always died, so this is not just a me problem. You should just admit the game needs to adjust how it makes matches.

Something inherently seems off when 20-30k are playing the game (according to steam charts) and you can't get a game for 5 minutes. Maybe it can't find a match because it's not matching correctly.

Instead of saying stupid stuff like "Get good", please read my posts and understand what I'm saying. I don't think I'm good. I think the game is broken some how.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

--High ranks.

--Issues with ruin.

Riiiight.

• davefromthegrave

When I say "I'm confused as to how it's supposed to work" I'm referring to the balance and matchmaking. Games where zero gens are finished and zero ppl escape. That happened many times in a row. That's what confuses me. It's just the whole team dying constantly.

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198

This topic just proofs another time, that you dont even have to play the game to become a red rank survivor, if they dont even know basic mechanics... Thanks to matchmaking im getting these kind of survivors, which in fact, do ruin my fun in the game for getting to redrank for free

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

I recently started playing in SWFs. SWFs definitely have a much higher win rate -- especially with ranking atm.

However, I left SWF after they went to bed and did Some solo. Win/loss rate was relatively tied. I'm rank 1 and my solo games were mostly a safety pip. I did depip a few times with the few losses, but if get it back with a few of the wins.

I personally feel killers have it a bit rougher than survivors, even more so with the matchmaking right now.

Ruin now is easily countered by doing generators. Freddy is an oppressive force with certain perks and add-ons so I can understand a loss. But you can win against those players like every other killer. The game relies heavily on rng, mistakes, and the survivors ability to pressure/killers ability to pressure. Just keep playing, you'll get some wins.

I will say solo queue is painful right now, almost as painful as playing killer, but I digress -- this is my opinion.

• toxicmegg
    edited April 2020

stop it already. i mean you have some points i agree to such as ranks and stuff, but i don't believe any bullshit when i've played this game for almost 3 years now and know the facts. but you can keep telling lies to yourself if that makes you feel better. and don't bother answering me because i do not care. if you don't like this game's mechanics, go and play something else. also i never said 4kills/4escapes are the only win conditions. so either you don't understand english very well or you're so full of yourself you assume you're always right about everything without listening to others.

• VicThor
    edited April 2020

i’m on ps4. You can easily connect it twitch or youtube and you stream. I do it sometimes.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022
    edited April 2020

How are you 'red ranks' if Ruin is your complaint? That's like a red ranked killer complaining about fire crackers.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
  • Splitsecond27
    Splitsecond27 Member Posts: 52
  • Splitsecond27
    Splitsecond27 Member Posts: 52

Clearly you understand what your talking about when you refer to rank as level

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

I win most of my games lol it’s about experience..once you learn how to loop and play properly you learn the true power role is survivor..unfortunately some people just can’t see that tho I win almost all of my games tho if I get into a swf (but I play solo most of the time)

• BigDaddyTr3y_420
    BigDaddyTr3y_420 Member Posts: 2

Boy why you so upset over his opinion, you must be a killer main who’s in denial of the severe balance issues in the game now.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

You lost...to a Freddy...with Hex...RUIN?! 😂 God you don't deserve red rank hell you shouldn't even be in purple or green for that matter!

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

It's not the killer that is determining these games, it's your teammates. Most people suck at this game, and they pretty much have made a career of literally sabotaging all possible odds of winning for solo survivors. Rarely will you get a good team, where everyone has a competent level of skill (when you do though.. feelsgoodman).

In a game of average killer vs average survivors with no variables, it's in the killer's favor. Put them both at the highest possible level, and things swap around.