Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

With Resident Evil Project Resistance Set to Release on Friday..

Speshul_Kitten
Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Will you be playing this new game?

How do you think this will affect DBD overall?

I imagine survivor queue times will become worse than they already are, leading to even worse matchmaking to fill in the gaps for survivors to play.

What are your thoughts??

Comments

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I liked it and feel its balanced better than this. That being said i don't think it will be as popular as this game.

• Eradik
    Eradik Member Posts: 63

I didn't like Project Resistance. It had a few things I liked, but not enough to play more than a few rounds. I also don't have too much faith in regular updates. But if they fine tune it and keep pushing updates, it could just have some lasting power.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

It smells like a knock off or a forced "we must have multi-player" put on the devs. Much like any other game with a forced MP mode I just don't see anything coming out of it nor it having any lasting potential. Reminds me of the PS3/360 generation where EVERY game HAD to have some kind of MP mode tossed in no matter what.

It feels like a cheap reality TV show that belongs in the RE movie timeline.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2020

Resistance is fun but it's a $60 entry price and is also tacked onto the main entry reason people will be spending that 60 dollars. I'd be surprised it gets an established playerbase after launch unless Capcom supports the game.

The being said I love the game and admittedly am enjoying it a bit more than DBD. I feel like there's a bit of depth and strategy to the game and has a lot of potential. With 6 survivors, 4 masterminds and a few more maps planned for launch I can see it being a fine alternative to the asymmetrical genre. Not sure it will compete with Dead by Daylight it's more doing its own thing right now.

That being said survivors could use a handful of nerfs and mastermind Danial could use a few quality of life changes specifically for Mr. X to avoid getting cheesed by survivors.

Two immediate issues I believe are noted is it's peer2peer iirc and matchmaking uses the steam matchmaking (What ever it's called) so games are searched and chosen based on your download region in your steam settings which can mean you could be like a state away and never find someones game in US.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

It's nothing like DBD and will have absolutely no effect on this game.

It's only there because the campaign for RE3 isn't very long, so it's a filler.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I played the beta and it did nothing to cause me to desire buying the game.

Being the Mastermind was painfully boring and being the survivors was...well...also really boring :D

Maybe if I gave it more of a chance I'd like it but I'm not going to pay $60 for that chance.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369
    edited April 2020

I doubt it'll be much competition if it isn't balanced. Unlike dbd, resistance gives the killer way too much power, being able to spawn multiple zombies in a small area in quick succession, especially when certain zombies have so much HP, along with the fact that zombies seem to be able to leap ten feet forward in the space of a quarter second makes survivor gameplay frustrating and stale. Hopefully it's a bit better on release.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

both games are very different to each other, i doubt it'll have much of an effect on DbD.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Resistance is not going to impact DBD at all. They're two different things.

As for my thoughts on it, I didn't really enjoy the game. Maybe it's just me but it was a snore to play. Like yeah with friends you can have a better experience but in general I had a boring experience. The game was probably not my type I guess. :/

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

In the first two week we will see a difference after it will depend which one people like the best for me resistance will probably be the game i like the most im really bored with dbd right now and with all the bug we have and they dont get adress this could be the end for me it will depend if resistence is still good after 6 month

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Resistance is part of RE3 and not it’s own separate game so I don’t think it’ll hurt DBD too much. Sure for maybe 2-3 months it’ll be popular and have more players then DBD, but after that it’ll die out pretty quickly. What makes this game special is the licensed characters and I highly doubt RE will add any licensed content to a game mode If anything it’ll bring more attention to DBD because i’m sure there will be articles about “hey resistance is kinda like dbd” so there’s that.

plustheymightmakeacollabforsalespromotionidk 👀

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 702

I’ve been keen to try it since it was revealed before even RE3 was announced.

Mastermind is great fun and reminds me of being the dungeon master in a tabletop board game or D&D, difficult to get your head round but a lot of depth to it.

Survivor is where I think the game might suffer as it is heavily reliant on team work, even more so than similar games.

One of the comments above is about how tanky the zombies feel and it’s ‘unfair’, when if all 4 people are working together and shooting the same thing then zombies just get deleted in a second, especially when the person playing the character with the Kick knockdown ability is using it effectively.

I think a lot of people will try it and feel it’s too hard or the Mastermind is too strong because they have one guy running in alone, one guy still at the shop and the other 2 locked in a room with the crappy starter pistols; and get mown down without feeling like they had much chance.

Western games tend to be team based but everyone is off doing their own thing with little thought for the teammates.

Japanese titles tend to heavily require teamwork and cooperation more than most.

I think the game could do well, especially if they release it separately for a reduced price if it sees some success after the RE3 launch, but I don’t think it will ever be able to attract the amount or variety of players that DbD has... but that may be a good thing in the long run for those who do play it.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Played the demo... didn't care for it. Won't be buying it.

It was just boring.

It also doesn't help that we are not playing with anycharacters from the games, like... would it really be hard to play with jill or claire? They even have models already... and if the excuse is "the game is canon so they can't be there" well... that's dumb.

The predator game on the other hand... was actually fun and I might get it.

• DontComeNeaMe
    DontComeNeaMe Member Posts: 72

I actually prefer it to DBD but I'm a huge resident evil fan so it does make me slightly biased.

Playing mastermind is pretty fun and I can't wait till the full release so I can try others. I think it will be pretty successful if they do regular updates but it isn't going to do any damage to this.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited April 2020

Personally, I don't have any high hopes for it. I still remember how much of a bullet sponge people were in Operation Raccoon City, and how it felt like the go to strategy was super soldier to street sweeper stun-lock-to-death only .

If only they remade RE: Outbreak... I can still dream... Though with all these remakes they keep pulling out, it might just happen.

but thats just like.. my opinion.

I miss the Assassin's Creed MP so much. Every time they made an announcement about a new installation of the series, I was always hoping they'd say it's coming back.

But god, Dead Space 2's MP had questionable choices. Straight up grades when you rank up your level (more damage, more healing gels to group heal everyone back to full). There wasn't a team scrambler. The moment you saw multiple Marker symbols ( a sign of max rank) next a stack of names on the same team, the other side insta-quit. It was fun for the first few weeks when there were people playing, but as it emptied out... it kind of felt like a what you wrote, just tacked on because they had to.

Post edited by WeenieDog on
  • Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

It's not like the game could never affect DbD, but it seems like a lot of game's I've been on forums for, there's always a post about "X new game is coming out, is it going to kill this game's community?" and the answer is almost always no, because the games are usually completely different types of games.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Yes i will play the game, i doubt it will affect dbd that much.

Queue times have been horrible for months without end, matchmaking does not work at all. I think each person has another limit to the bs they can take from the devs, hope dies at last. So for most people there will be another point in time when they are no longer willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the devs.

Resistance is fun to me but i will be more busy playing re3/predator oh and yeah maybe somehow complete my ultra nightmare run on doom eternal.

• DanielLeonis309
    DanielLeonis309 Member Posts: 13

Agreed. It’s a nice small MP add-on to RE but the beta didn’t really spark for me to want to pay $60 to buy the game. I think if it was free I’d probably download it and play it every once in a while, but I feel it’s not a game I could play forever. DBD however, even with its differing concepts on nerfs, buffs, and everything else, is constantly being updated with new killers, survivors, and maps and they have events that also keep me playing. I don’t see Resistance taking up that kind of game position.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited April 2020

No I won't play it. It looks boring and to be played with friends if you play survivor.

It will affect DbD as much as "Last Year" and "F13" did - it won't.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    edited April 2020

It's cool, but it's pvp dungeon keeper. Not exactly occupying the same space as dbd.

Also, it's only available WITH RE:3, so that will chop out some of the mpog player base here.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

It wont affect anything, in that game you just plant zombies, you're a puzzle master soo dumb.

Our only hope is for identity v to come out for pc... but ain't happening ...

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

It wont affect it at all and it looks like crap sadly.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

It's way more balanced, that's for sure, it just feels empty. DBD has life to it, it has comical and relatable characters, where as REsistance has cliche survivors and a cliche enemy. To be honest, it's not even going to surpass F13 (even in its current state, much less during its peak), let alone be on the same level as DBD. It's fun gameplay wise, yet lacking in things that give the game life. It's pretty much another GOW Judgement.

• zimer
    zimer Member Posts: 130

Sadly, a lot of potential, but really shet looking.

If they were to stick with how RE2 Remake looked and played, it would've been awesome.

But they made it really ARCADEy and it ruins the immersiveness overall, it doesn't feel scary at all.

I really want a well-optimized, balanced, actually SCARY horror game that is like dead by daylight.. But I guess we'll just have to wait some more.

Just like PUBG got replaced by the recently released COD:MW Royale, as it looks gorgeous, well optimised, feels fantastic, and sounds fantastic.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

This is much better.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Welp, so far, found the one thing we can HIGHLY disagree on! xD