Killers Dont Need A Buff

Options

Comments

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

So you made this topic to point out that if anyone says a survivor needs a nerf or a killer needs a buff that they're stupid or absurd? Heck I'm reading that statement as any buff idea is absurd or stupid in your eyes. People are allowed to express they're opinions as you are but I find this absurd and petty.

• VCDiamondFinder
    VCDiamondFinder Member Posts: 117
    Options

No? They don't deserve it, if they get nerfed any harder then it would be impossible to ever escape, Killers are fine as of now in my opinion, with some tweaks and maps work things would be even for both sides

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

Hey I'm fine talking about what people think would balance they game, in their opinion, but so far nobody has suggested anything, they say killers need a buff and when I say I think they are wrong they try to prove a point and not suggest a way to buff them, if you take it as petty and absurd then go ahead my guy, I'm not saying anybody is stupid for having an opinion that is valid, but telling me that a killer should get 3k or 4k every game is absurd and stupid, and saying a killer should 4k with only their 3 teachable is stupid and absurd. But you make a point, I probably could've worded that better, that's my fault

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

And that was my only reason for stating it like that. I have read posts about buffs that I thought were pretty nice, not too OP but a nice QOL change so your comment irritated me a bit. Now where did this teachable part come in? Because based off of that then nobody would be able to get the adept achievments for the killers as you need a merceless killer.

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

Look for Booper-Snout's post or something like that on this thread

• OktobmerButOktobmier
    OktobmerButOktobmier Member Posts: 25
    Options

Pig is really bad now due to end game collapse, so they should give her a rework.

Also with legion, It would be nice if he had some more add-ons for his crappy power.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Unless your a meta kiler the survivors can loop you for 3 gens easy. 3/5s of their objective is completed before the killer gets 1/12. If they got headsets you can chase someone else, 1 perosn is on a gen, 1 makes the save+heal then they both duo a gen. Match ends in 4 mins. If the survivors know what they are doing and are coordinated the killer is at a severe disadvantage.

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

So you're legit saying what I am already saying, if they are in a 4 stack and playing together then it's difficult, but what do you think would help fix it?

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

It would be pretty cool to see a pig rework or slight change to her power, I didn't mind the whole " if you have a helmet on you can't leave without dying" but i support a Legion change or better addons

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Thank you, i understand your opinion now. Because you are playing in green and purple (survivor solo queue not swf?) you feel that the game is pretty balanced.

You also mentioned that you played killer in brown ranks recently. You got a couple of 4ks and worked your way up a bit.

The reason many people, especially red rank players, are disagreeing with you is that the game is red ranks is basically the inverted version of brown ranks. Survivors dominate killers very often and only a few killers are able to vs an experienced swf team.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

im a rank 5 survivor I play against red rank killers all the time. I play solo though and I don’t see myself making it out 75% of the time. I think the high mobility killers like billy and spirit... even legion if he’s built right are just too much. I firmly believe this game killers do not need one hit downs handed to them like this game does. They should have to work harder for it. Billy can rev his chainsaw up too fast and recover really quickly. It’s just way harder to play on some of these smaller maps. Gens need to be spread out more and cover needs to be better. Paper thin walls, vaults inside of walls that are like 2 feet wide in either direction. Crappy hit detection as I’m getting blasted by the killer after I’ve Vaulted and taken a few steps already the killer has impeccable melee range. It’s like they can lunge through the vaults. Not everyone is a pro looper and for that everyone suffers? Nah, that’s just not fun imo. Some killers seem more balanced than others. Idk if it’s necessary for killers like ghost face to be sprinting and pummeling survivors at the same time. Or legion. Every time I SEE legion he’s going so fast he’s sprinting past me. I just don’t think killer speed needs to be that fast. You got huntress running around with 3 one shot iridescent when paired with infantry belt. You got billy flying across the map over and over. Spirit too. And you got newbies in here crying about survivors having so many chances? Okay can they make it so killers have a harder time finding people then or go down to nonsense?

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

This... is a lie. Unless by now it’s all teams of communicating 4 that’s the only way I see this happening. Solo it’s like 4 games out of 5 you’re dead. Lucky if you get hatch because I swear every killer has these locations memorized and Seems like they hook the last guy right next to it somehow every single time 😡

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    edited March 2020
    Options

It does require you to do something in at least 2 categories. If you get camped or genrush you probably won't pip. Other then that it's up to you.

I'm constantly running nonsensical builds with MoM or whatever challange requires me to and I'm somehow staying at red ranks. I think I'm at rank 2 and I'm pretty terrible at mindgames and in general I don't run exhaustion perks.

I think you're either not as god-like as you think you are or you're just focusing on these rare games when you get destroyed by the killer as survivor and completely ignore games when you lose playing as killer.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Wraith, in my opinion, is very weak without add-ons, that's one example. 🙂

• theArashi
    Options

3 minutes?! What!? What kind of game are you playing where survivor take 3 minutes to finish a gen?! Can I get your lobbies?

Generator takes 80 seconds to finish without skillcheck or any other boosters. Most of the time survivor spawn within 12 m radius from the gen so they just run up to it and hold m1 so from the start to gens popping it should be around 90 seconds. Crossing the map can take up to 20-30 seconds depending on layout then usual chase starts.

I don't know if you are getting survivors that don't know how to loop or just wait at the pallet for an easy hits but I usually get survivor that loops pretty well and every time they get a bit of headstart by either bad mindgame or pallet drop or anything they go to other loop and essentially wasting even more time.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about survivors that are at least semi-decent at the game and not potatoes that should stay at yellow ranks forever as they always get destroyed regardless of what killer is being used.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

This game is so heavily survivor sided, you have to legitimately be delusional to see otherwise. It's not even an opinion. The devs even said it themselves. They balance the game for new survivors, people that get downed within 20 seconds of a killer finding them. Survivor perks cannot be countered by killers. There are enough pallets in each game to not even need to loop, you can run to a pallet, throw it early, then run to the next pallet and by the time 5 gens are done you will have pallets left over, this doesn't even take into account windows. A large portion of maps have an insane structure in the middle that is full of pallets / infinite windows. A good 50-60% of pallets in any map need to be broken, unless the survivor is stupid and just runs off without playing the tile.

Ideally, survivors should be about 1/4 of a killer in strength at their best. We see good survivors able to hold off good killers long enough for their teammates to do all the gens. Individually, survivors are quite close to the power of a killer, they're closer to 1/2 - 3/4 the power of a killer. You even see this reflected in SWF groups where they just dominate the killer, no matter how good the killer is.

If you are a survivor player and you cannot consistently run killers for 2-3 gens, that is actually a problem with you. You still need to develop more skill and knowledge of the game, the killer is not the power role in DBD, survivors are. There are two killers whose power levels are close to 4 times that of individual survivors, those two killers are spirit and billy. With the way the game is set up, a 4v1, you are not supposed to 1v1 the killer as a survivor, and the problem is that survivors are actually able to do this.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120
    Options

See the thing is that most killers do. They have had a lot of issues for a while now. You know why people didnt talk about it as much? Becauee ruin made other less mobile killers playable. Half the killers relied on ruin to at least get a start. It was a band aid must pick for every killer that wasnt nurse/spirit/billy. Killers who cant traverse the mao in under 15 seconds now have to play borderline perfect to get a 4k. They have to make all the right decisions, and they have to juggle 4 players every game. Killer is suppised to be the power role but a team of decent survivors bullies low tier killers like clown, legion, deathslinger, etc. A survivor makes a mistake? Oh well they sit on the hook for a bit while 2 people work on different gens and 1 goes for the save. The killer side has grown so difficult that we're seeing more noeds, more moris, and more camping. Killers have other ways to slow survs but they arent fun for survs so they either dont use them or they do and get a slew of toxic remarks thrown at them by the entitled surv mains

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Clown does.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,519
    edited March 2020
    Options

No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is the difficulty should be tiered by rank. Keep in mind though, those 2 scenarios are very different. One is losing because of balance that is out of your control and the other is losing because the player simply isn't very good. With imbalance there's nothing the player can do about that, but that low rank survivor does have something they can do, get better at the game. That's why all other games balance from the top down.

And for your second question, yes, rank 5-10 is almost nothing. Players in that rank are still quite bad, generally.

Playing survivor at rank 1 right now is being the power role. Your team has to mess up many, many times to lose if they aren't going against one of the top tier killers. Not to mention it's almost impossible not to pip as survivor right now as well.

Post edited by Blueberry on
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited March 2020
    Options

Sounds more like you might not be that great at playing survivor?

If my team isn't completely destroyed by the Killer I almost always feel like things are easygoing and its my own fault if I get killed. Or I am being to altruistic.

Ignore your teammates most of the time and you have a higher chance to survive. TEAMWORK!

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

It depends on what you define as a "meta killer", I can play almost any killer at high ranks without any problem and end chases in 40ish seconds, it depends on the map I am playing in and the survivors I got against, of course, but you are just making a massive generalization saying "meta killers".

And again with the stupid argument of trying to make the objective as simple as some fractions, do you people ever take into account other factors like healing, unhooking, cleansing totems, and searching chests? Or the perks the killer may bring, making the gens go by slower? The only killers that really was time with their power are the ones that need to set up.

Jesus, you people just repeat whatever the forum tells you like NPCs

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

Who said swf? Its not a lie, Otzdarva played against 4 good players and he couldn't kill no one and the first hook was at 2 gens (I'm sure that, no matter who plays against 4 good players, the killer will lose). So pls stop being a cry baby survivor

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Sure. I mean, if you aren't that good. And if you count a death as a loss.

Honestly, if you can run a Killer for a bit and waste their time and it lets other teammates get out its a win in my book. Playing survivor is so easymode that I don't feel punished for doing anything and I barely have to try while the Killer needs to make sure not to make any mistakes or they aren't getting anything done. Survivors? Not so much.

Hell. One of the most common mistakes made by survivors, missing skill checks, is only bad because you need to sit there longer to finish the Gen. It means nothing negative for the survivor that it "signals" the Killer. Survivors can actually use it to their advantage. It means even less if the Killer is in a chase.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,692
    Options

You aren't comprehending what I'm saying. Even if you've been rank 1 killer in the past the experience is different today. There is no substitute for the actual experience of working your way to rank 1 as a killer. The easy 4k's you enjoy at first won't last. You simply can not make the argument that killers are balanced until you've experienced what it is like at the higher end of the game as a killer. You can't even make that argument if you only play as a couple of killers. You have to experience it with a wide variety of killers to see the problem.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,692
    Options

Did you mean to reply to me? Because I feel like you didn't read what I wrote at all. I didn't ask anyone how their experience at rank 5 as a survivor is. I said get to rank 1 as killer without using your best 5 killers and tell me how balanced the game is. You simply can not gauge killer's balance from the survivor perspective. You are only getting a small view of the actual game.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2020
    Options

How would I fix it? I would make killers powerful enough to stand an even chance against a swf. Let the solos git gud like everyone else. BHVR, stop handing out participation trophies and let the new comers learn.

The problem with alternative objectives is the survivors can choose to ignore those. I've seen people waste zero time looking for totems unless they see DH. I've mostly seen competent survivors searching for chests when the gates are open. I've seen survivors repair gens injured just to get adren to pop. If the survivors decide to rush the gens, the gens get rushed. Except for pgtw not much else really slows down the gens. Ruin is garbage now, intervention only works in the beginning, surge is meh, thrilling tremors blocks gens "not" being worked on(sounds like it should have been the other way around) OC only works on newbs, lullaby is useless until you get 5 stacks and by then gens are either done or its cleansed.

The survivors hold all the power provided they know how to use it. Which is not what this game should be.

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

I feel I should mention, if I didn't, that because of matchmaking I have faced red and purple ranks lately at rank 17 and didn't have a single issue. and most of the time I play with one friend and that is it, or I play with a few friends who just started to help them out and teach them the game. I get people saying I don't have the right to complain since I haven't been at rank 1 every season, but I have faced red rank players before

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

I feel that on a personal level, but I learned a bit from watching Noob3 and I play with another friend who is pretty good (but dosen't take the game seriously) and i goes alright

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

What? My guy I safety pip with one kill as killer most times, as survivor I get screwed by teammates because I can't talk to them or they aren't that good. As killer I only need to worry about downs and getting kills, even as legion I still get easy games or 1 survivor escapes. So I am confused, are you saying I am bad because I don't get a gold in every category

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

I... I don't know how to respond to you when you ignore what I say and get whiney so I just won't respond to you anymore

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options
  • VCDiamondFinder
    Options

Ss Noob3? Monto? Tyde? How do they get 4k's with meme builds at rank 1 one?

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

But what does that mean? You can't expect people to enjoy the game if you make all killers strong enough to 4k a talented, rank 1 SWF group, it makes the game boring and survivor mains won't play the game anymore unless they put 1000s of hours into the game or sacrifice their teammates

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

OP is right. killers have got massive buffs and are now stronger than ever. but people who play only killer don't understand this and want to have everything handed on a plate without having to do anything. just ez 4ks very match without needing to use any braincells.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

would you be willing to stream your games from now on so we can analyze your killer game play and use it to better ourselves?

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    edited April 2020
    Options

I think at some point in the future we will have everybody have a thread whether somebody needs a buff/nerf.

• theArashi
    Options

Ah, well that's easy way I guess.

Ignore most of the post, imagine the rest you didn't read so that it fits your POV and suddenly everything fits your perspective.

• theArashi
    Options

Streamers/youtubers in general only upload games where they win.

You can go and watch stream of anyone that mostly play killer at high rank and they in general tell you exactly what causes them to win. Usually being: Survivors are just lazy/not do gens.

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options

Okay, you don't watch a lot of DBD do you? Honestly replying to you hurts my head, you don't make sense when you reply and then confuse people, they upload videos they think are entertaining, not only wins but okay bud

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

why don't you watch killer gameplay on youtube or twitch? otz, monto and tru3 are some examples of good killer gameplay. watch them and git gud

• CasualConsolePlayer
    CasualConsolePlayer Member Posts: 51
    Options

Survivors require holding m1/r1/rb for 80s while other surv is at 10th safe pallet or infinite window. Rework maps, new saloon map is good not many safe pallets, good windows but not op. My only problems with this map are bushes covering all character and breakable walls in place where it should be already open making them waste of time

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Options

Counterpoint: My highest survivor is level 10 and I rarely feel like I'm struggling. If I get downed, I can always trace it back to, say, turning into a blind patch of rocks with no damn pallets anywhere.

• VCDiamondFinder
    Options
  • VCDiamondFinder
    Options

Yeah? But overall her map presence is insane, being able to cross the map at an insane speed and see scratch marks, as well as being able to yoink people off gens at any given moment gives her a good amount of pressure, and with the right perks she can be unstoppable, she' rated S-tier or A-tier for a reason.

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2020
    Options

Trapper : Start with 1 extra trap, buff the trap darkeners (you can still see them from the other side of map)

Nurse : Shorten fatigue to 50%

• theArashi
    Options

I mostly watch Monto, Scott, Patrick, Farmer and some Otz and they indeed upload games when they win or as you say: are entertaining to watch. You probably won't see many videos with them getting a single kill in 5 minute long game when survivors mostly hide and they do play them on stream.

You safety pip with 1 kill with legion because emblem system is busted for legion. Using your power on people and running after other survivors to smack them once counts as chase won in very short time even if you don't do ######### with it and only slow people down for 15 seconds while they mend. It is actually very challanging to not get high emblems while playing as legion with low lethality.

In general from what I see you wrote is that you go against pretty mediocre survivors most of the time so everybody must have exact same games. Also you somehow find survivor challanging to win as which is insane but hey, you can be killer main voting for survivor buffs.