4:40 gen rush what was the killer supposed to do?

Options
GHOSTfaceP3
GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363

I was playing solo. In this situation pls tell me how this is fair ? The only reason he even got one kill at all was because of noed but still the gens went so fast “just pressure gens” dosnt work because people would have gotten on another gen if he chased someone there was nothing he could have done here

Comments

• NICK714
    NICK714 Member Posts: 173
    Options

why your character is not complaining or something ?, or has iron will?

• GHOSTfaceP3
    Options

What ? My character is moaning lol so idk what your talking about

• GHOSTfaceP3
    Options

If he went after me the others would have tag teamed a gen lol these survivors were on top of gens

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

then that's that, sorry bucko, game over man. unless banning it, there will always be genstacks, like there'll always be basement camping

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

What the killer should of done

IS

Stand at the exit gate and wait for the last gen to pop then smack the exit open and go stand in the corner until everyone left

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

Hate to say it, thats what the major stance seems to be, as far as i can tell thats why the killers can open the gates. Let the survivors go and move on

• GHOSTfaceP3
    Options

If you look at my post history you’d know I also play killer a lot lol so I’ve also been in games like this one I sympathize because I’ve experienced it and know this happens a lot my whole time in this game in my 3k+ hrs I’ve played survivor and killer pretty much 50/50 just because I’m toxic dosnt mean my opinion is any less

• GHOSTfaceP3
    Options

I post this to show how fast gens can go it’s not bragging lol if I wanted to brag I’d post a video of me looping a killer for 5 gens I posted this because something needs to be done

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2020
    Options

Crazy. It's almost like if you don't actually get any sort of pressure on the opposing side for 2 minutes they'll do what they're supposed to do. The Demo's mistake that cost him the game was ditching a chase that was easily winnable. Instead of actually chasing around a weak loop, he decided to break it and because he broke it on the wrong side, allowed you to get to the God house. Had he of gotten that down and not made such a bad error, he would have had a hook, which would have made it so 2-3 people weren't working on gens. This alone could have bought him upwards of an extra 2+ minutes.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    Options

So if a killer makes one mistake it should cost him the game? Yet survivors can make MANY and still win ? Ok lol it shows what you main

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

uh...two hooks in 5 minutes is a lot more than one mistake buddy. You didn’t answer my question...do you believe that’s acceptable play for a killer?

Also...I knew it. Only 1 tier 3 perk...highly likely this guy is new to playing Demogorgon. Of course he’s going to struggle.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Once again, these games do happen but it’s RARELY!!! This would be like watching a soccer/football team score 15 goals and calling it a high scoring sport... ignoring the hundreds of games when they scored 0-2 points

• johnmwarner
    Options

Also I play both sides 50/50 and I wanted to add I have had games as killer where everyone is downed or slugged within two minutes, but I don’t come here with that video claiming survivors have it hard

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

First, you cannot see anything what the killer was doing. Second, youre character was obviously bugged cause it doesnt gave any sounds, though being injured. Third, he obviously wasnt able to chase down any survivor in time, which made this obviously a "How to not chase as a killer"-video instead of "genrush".

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    Options

TFW you do gens so fast the game doesn't even register the first one.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

resilience + spine chill + team leader/provethyself/what ever that perk is called...on a person that ignore 80% of the match = easy gens. All of those things stack and it's like a 14/18% boost. Even those few seconds were spine chill activated while you were setting on a get can make of break a game hard. Couple that resilience, the dwight perk, and your team being smart to work together seems about right. Yes you got gens done in 4 minutes but no one did totems in a meta where noed is as guranteed and bbq and chilli hence why the match took 6 extra minutes.

there's literally nothing wrong because gen jocking got balanced out with noed and put you all in positions that were less than optimal constantly. it just did so at the end of game rather than all game. and as a killer you want to force tough situations all game and not just end game so they can have more of a chain reaction.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    Options

Noed definitely helped him here..imagine if he didn’t have it tho that game would have been 6 minutes maybe a little less

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

But that in its self is a key issue. Survivors can make many mistakes and the match goes on. The killer can make one mistake and GG they lost the match.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Because "THATS THE SURVIVOR OBJECTIVE"

Welcome to dbd in 2020, if you're not spirit,billy or nurse it's a gg for the killer

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2020
    Options

There s no even a killer gameplay its survivors one 😂

• johnmwarner
    Options

This. I had a teammate earlier get hit, then go down doing some weird body block attempt on the killer’s first hook. All of a sudden he had huge map pressure and we never recovered... because if one mistake our team was on the back foot all game

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314
    Options

At 1:02 and 1:20 he broke chase when you were an easy target ie running and leaving scratchmarks everywhere, fast vaulting right near him. You'd almost have to try not to catch up to a survivor making those kind of reckless moves.

At 1:50 all 3 of you on a gen and you all ran to it leaving tons of scratchmarks, not to mention he should have been able to see your scratchmarks leading towards the gen. Was he chasing the 4th survivor around and completely ignoring everything else??

From 2:30 to 3:00 all 3 of you ran to a gen plus you missed a skillcheck and then all fast vault out of there? How does he not pay any attention to any of you?

At 3:38 he completely ignores you even tho it's clear your wounded. I would have gone for you and gotten another easy down. He was more concerned with the person on the hook getting unhooked.

At 4:31 another player starts messing with the portal right next to the gen. Most demos I've played against would have rushed to portal there, especially at that stage in the game.

At 5:02 he completely disregards you and goes for the Claudette hiding around the corner? What? He also could have used his leap attack at you and gotten an easy down, I don't know why he didn't.

At 5:23 he clearly sees you and could easily gain on you plus you're running and leaving scratchmarks and then fast vault right away after but for some weird reason he breaks the chase and THEN finally decides to use his teleport?

At 7:15 you break his portal and he STILL doesn't try to go after you. Most killers I've played against would have gone right over to me and tried to get a third down, leaving one survivor on the hook and the other in dying state.

The whole time you're teabaggin the exit gates he never once used his leap attack and also just ignored the downed survivor the whole time. Something seems off about that.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

He made a few mistakes, and it seemed like he might've been new to playing Demogorgon. We don't know what experience level he has with the character, what his other perks were, among other things. Demo has a bit of a learning curve. He could've gone after you, but instead turns back to go after a completely healthy character? He had NoED! No reason to go for the healthy guy there. Even then, he nearly gets two kills thanks to NoED. If I had to wager, I'm guessing he had no idea where the person on the ground was, so he checked the exit gate to make sure they weren't there. Also after getting his first NoED down, he picks them up and hooks them instead of leaving them slugged for a bit and going after you.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited April 2020
    Options

Don’t hit him with facts man, apparently the game is supposed to be balanced for killers who get 2 downs in 5 minutes. He dodged the question not once, but twice, when asked whether that is quality play from any killer. You’re right, something is up. This killer obviously had no clue what they were doing with Demo, not only does the play indicate that, but so do his perks show that he’s probably new to him. But yeah, let’s spin that into another silly genrush video.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

It is a lot harder for a killer to recover from their mistakes than survivors. It also depends on the map and the killer as well.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

this. it aswers the question "what was the killer supposed to do". he played poorly and that's why he got "genrushed"

• Banrodus
    Banrodus Member Posts: 4
    Options

Nice to see a survivor understanding the difficulties and frustrations of being a kille- sees t-bagging. Oh never mind...

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2020
    Options

This is literally why i don't AFK on gens. It's boring, and honestly don't know how players think a 4 minute game holding M1 on a gen is a good gaming experience.

The only fun part about playing survivor is getting chased which is why i refuse to do gens. Its not fun for me and it's not fun for the killer.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    Options

I’m not a survivor or killer main lol I’m toxic as both killer and survivor I’m toxic in every game I play

• Nøti
    Nøti Member Posts: 12
    Options

just a thought, if you want to cover survivors names you should probably cover them on your hud during the match aswell

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    edited April 2020
    Options

Well, surely it has a bigger impact if the side where somebody is alone messes up, because nobody can compensate for the mistakes.

But it is simply a lie (and sadly a common opinion here) that when the Killer makes one tiny mistake they lost, while the Survivors can make multiple big mistakes and they will still win. As Survivor it is important as well to play as perfect as possible, because you never know if your teammates can compensate for your errors. And there will always be situations where one idiot can kill the whole team.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Match doesn't prove much about gens.

The killer was not doing good in chases clearly, due to how slow and how few downs he got, even without the stuff that was brought in to speed up the gens you guys would've might it out in a breeze.

So his problem here was his chasing ability, allowing the gens to quickly fly by due to lack of pressure.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited April 2020
    Options

This killer clearly made 0 mistakes the whole game. He played perfectly (that's what all the crybabies say). No way he was doing badly and still needs to get better.

Devs , please nerf survivors.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

obivously the killer could have played a lot better but its unreasonable to expect a killer to play perfectly also its one of the most survivor sided maps in the game that just happens on that map at almost every rank in the game

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

You are still an exit gate t-bagger. Like the Demo didn't already have a ######### game.

Also enough said already, but the Demo is really not his main killer. Almost no usage of his abilities, couldn't make use of Mori and the build is almost nothing as well. Frtive chase is wasted without other obsession perks, Surge and Ruin don't benefit, so basically he was playing with 1 perk until endgame. This video is really not a good example

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited April 2020
    Options

To be honest, survivors can throw the game by making a major mistake. They still have perks to get back from a dead situation, like with Unbreakable, and still recover, although they may have a hard time doing so. Also killers need to make use of the mistakes. If killers make mistakes, this normally means that there are survivors sitting on gens without pressure, not having to take advantage of any mistakes other than working on a gen without pressure. Or when the mistake means that the 3gen situation is broken, they have no chance to recover from that. Sure you can put it both ways, but there is definitely a difference in quality

• emyung
    emyung Member Posts: 138
    edited April 2020
    Options

For not optimal killers, forcing a 3 gen situation plus noed can tip the balance.

Usually with demogorgon, the tip is not investing too much on chases and do more teleporting to ambush and confuse survivors and semi-camp the first hooks with portals.

Demogorgon shines if there is deep knowlege on maps and how to cut chases using his power. Against very good survivors, it is best to invest on ambush or make sure there is a 3 gen situation.

If the survivors are too efficient and gen oriented, it is hard to do a 4k but a 2k is doable.

Also, it is okay to loose a few trials. I usually get humiliated by good survivors but I manage to do a 2-4k at other trials.

As any horror movie, you must hunt first the incompetent guy. Good survivors usually die last.

The killer is punished by mistakes. Yes. But survivors can also be wiped out if they do a mistake while rescuing.