Leatherface's Blackface Should Not Be In The Game

Comments

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

Can you explain to me how a White, Asian, Hispanic person dressing up and wearing make up to look like Black Panther is racist?

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

So if im talking to someone, and i directly quote someone word for word and the n word is included, then I'm the racist? I personally don't use the word, nor do i give 2 sh*** about skin color. But if i use the word reiterating what someone else said then by your logic I'm racist?

I personally know black people that would disagree with you about the blackface question.

Ultimately, this issue comes down to feelings. Your interpretation versus the intent of the developers. The actions of one person versus the commitment to lore and an honest love of the source material. You aren't wrong for your feelings and at the same time, no one is wrong for disagreeing with you.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

beceause in the 50's it was use to mock black people in shows, yea i know it's far but it still have image and it's pathetic, i can understand why it can be consider racist be instead of saying "oh it's racist you are racist" they should just say "dude no need to paint your face in black to show that you cosplay as black guy" but hey apparently that's hard; BUT I GET WHY IT COULD BE OFFENSIVE, it's just calling people racist and saying that it's racist without solution is not good either

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,978

I think this thread has gone quite far enough!

The basic fact of the matter is that Leatherface wears the faces of his victims, regardless of their race - thereby in definition of that, it's not in anyway racist.

To all of you who have replied civilly on this topic, I thank you for discussing this respectfully - shame that not everybody could manage that.

This discussion has been closed.