Can someone explain who and what Candyman is?

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Since there are some rumors going around about the Candyman coming to Dbd. I saw some clips from the movie and just know that ppl have to say his name 5 times in a mirror. But I mean besides that he has a hook in his hand and has bees in his body.. he seems very ... boring?

I might not know enough about his movie and character but honestly he seems very boring and not special at all as a potential Killer, am I missing something? And if I do, would be nice, if someone can explain more stuff about him.

Comments

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    edited April 2020
    Options

Candyman was a son of a former slave turned wealthy industrialist in the 1890s. He was studying art in Chicago when he was commissioned to paint family poratraits for a rich white man. He fell in love with the man's virgin daughter and started a romance in secret. Her father found out about the couple and gathered a lynch mob to kill Candyman.

The mob kidnapped him from his home. They beat him, chopped of his painting hand, covered him in honey wax and then burnt him alive while teasingly chanting Candyman.Filled with vengeance his spirit haunted the Chicago area killing anyone who dared to mock him or doubt him. Those who chanted his name would cause him to appear.

He has a hook for a hand, his body is burnt and decayed. Like Freddy or a Zombie. It's also filled with bees. Candyman can teleport, hypnotize people, levitate, summon bees, and is capable of telekinesis. He can also mess with people's mind and cause hallucinations.

There's a lot for the devs to work with.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Watch the first movie

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

"I am the writing on the wall, the whisper in the classroom. Without these things I am nothing so now I must shed innocent blood... come with me"

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Pretty good synopsis for people who don't recognize him or his story.

I'd like to add he's kind of like a Spirit or Ghost in a way, he can turn invisible or only appear to certain people (IE those who chant his name).

Imagine a less powerful Freddy Krueger but he isn't restricted to attacking people in their sleep / dream realm. Being comparable to Freddy K. in any way is honestly terrifying...

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

I cannot stress enough how much you NEED to watch the first movie. It’s on Netflix and it’s my favorite horror movie ever and that is saying a lot.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

You know you can just use google?

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Just keep his name out'cha mouth

• CasualConsolePlayer
    CasualConsolePlayer Member Posts: 51
    Options

I think they didn't burn him. From what I remember, he died from bees because he was covered in honey. Before he died he made a curse.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

Candyman is actually a pretty special Killer, while he would be more obscure than any of the other licensed characters, the original Candyman is a pretty respectable and memorable film.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Thats why I ended up here, I typed in Dead by Daylight forums ;P

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

in my opinion the Candyman is special because he is a matter of fact the first black slasher in the history of horror movies, he follows a theme in which is not commonly viewed in slasher films. He has a civil war feel and that is what makes him special.