Onyx_Blue
Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
edited May 2020 in Creations

The Xenomorph

4.6m/s

24m 🎯

Tall ↕

Power: Perfect Organism

Created to be the deadliest lifeform in existance. Xenomorph possesses abilities to get around defences with ease. After being Stunned by a survivor: 'pallet; grasp escape; perks', the next pallet to cause a stun will be coated in a thick layer of Acid that eats away at the wood. Any Survivor that interacts with an Acid Pallet will be injured and inflicted with the Mangled status effect for 60 seconds and the Deep Wound status effect. The pallet will break 15 seconds after it has been coated in Acid, unless it is reset.

Special Ability: Perfect Organism

Press the Power Button to drop to all fours and enter a crouch liked state. Once Perfect Organism is active, The Xenomorph gains enhanced vision allowing it to see through grass, corn, bushes and the like. Movement speed is increased. Xenomorphs lunge range is slightly reduced.

Perfect Organism deactivates upon a successful attack, or by pressing the Power Button again and enters cooldown for 10 seconds.

When activated and deactivated emit a hissing noise that survivors can hear with no discernable direction or distance within a range of 56m.

Special Ability: Parasite

Press the Active Ability Button to place an Egg on the ground. The Egg has a radius of 8m. When a survivor enters within range, the survivors location is revealed to the Xenomorph via Killer Instinct. Press the Secondary Ability Button to hatch the Egg, spawning a Face-Hugger into the map and to manually take control of the Face-Hugger. While controlling the Face-Hugger, the Xenomorph becomes a crouched husk and gains the Undetectable status effect.

The Face Hugger moves at 4.8m/s, has an initial Lunge animation of 3m with a fatigue of 0.75 seconds when hatched; can vault windows and pallets; and can grab a survivor out of lockers. The Face-Hugger also has heightened hearing capabilities and shares Perfect Organisms vision.

The Face-Hugger can only chase up to a distance of 16m from the Eggs location.

Players take back control of the Xenomorph when they catch a survivor or can manually end control by pushing the Power Button.

When a survivor is caught by the Face-Hugger they enter a Struggle for 10 seconds. While struggling they must hit Considerably difficult skill-checks intimitantly while wiggling the stick to fill the struggle bar. If the bar isn't filled when the struggle duration expires, the Face Hugger will latch onto the survivors face and they will be put into the Dying State. While the Face-Hugger is attached to them, they cannot recover, cannot be healed and cannot be picked-up by the Xenomrph for 15 seconds.

Once a survivor has been impregnated with an embryo, they cough loudly every 30 seconds revealing their location to the Xenomorph. The timer pauses when the survivor is Hooked or in the Dying State. The embryo has a duration of 120 seconds before dying.

- Up to 7 eggs can be placed in total

- Eggs do not recycle

- Survivors that are impregnated are not revealed by an Eggs Killer Instinct

- Eggs cannot be placed within 16m of one another

Xenomorph's perks:

Impaled - Your piercing instruments of pain cause survivors to be punctured deeper than usual.

Time taken for a survivor to unhook a teammate is increased by 30/40/50%.

"Maybe you're not keeping up on current event. We just got our asses kicked, pal!" - Hudson

Harvested - The need to have more and more hosts for your queen guides your actions.

Downing a survivor while another survivor is on the hook causes you to gain the Haste effect of 5% for 25/30/35 seconds.

"If the colonists have found that ship, there's no telling how many have been exposed" - Ellen Ripley

Hex: Hive Mind - The well being of the hive is priority, no one can be allowed to escape it nor endanger it.

If this totem is still active once the Exit Gates are powered, both levers are blocked by the Entity for 40/50/60 seconds. However, if this totem is cleansed before the Exit Gates are powered, any opening progression of an Exit Gate left unopened regresses at 100/150/200%.

"I guess we're not going to be leaving right now, then?" - Newt

Ellen Ripley's perks:

Signing Off - You're work is done here, now it's time to call in the report and rest.

When the Exit Gates are powered, gain a token for every survivor still alive, up to 3 tokens. Gain 25% stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains from 50% up to a maximum of 100%. The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial. While within the Exit Gate, reveal your aura to other survivors up to 128m.

"This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off..." - Ellen Ripley

Deal With It - Danger is ever present, you cannot afford to lose your composure.

When more than one teammate is on the hook, you leave no scratch marks for 30 seconds and perform unhooks 15% faster. Has a cooldown of 40/35/30 seconds.

"Listen to me because we need you and i'm sick of your bullshit." - Ellen Ripley

Just Do What You Do - Tired of being the hunted, you make a point to fight back.

The duration of the stun that a killer experiences at your hands is 1/1.25/1.5 seconds longer (does not affect grasp escape stuns)

"You've been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else..." - Ellen Ripley

Map: Hadley's Hope - Colony Base

Post edited by Onyx_Blue on

Comments

• Zydto
    Zydto Member Posts: 34

Sounds very interesting to me. Would be interesting to se whathe would looklike ;P

• Onyx_Blue

@Zydto Thanks :)

The thing I found bizzare to envision when thinking of this chapter idea would be how stunning a Face-Hugger would look lol

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2020

This is such a good post, Have you considered Acid blood as a perk tho.

Like if the Killer is smacked by a pallet, the pallet will auto destroy after X seconds.

This could make nice mind games by not breaking pallet and continue to loop survivor and then suddenly the pallet is gone and survivor is gonna get it.

Also, Gotta change Ripley's 1st perk to 4 stack 25%/50%/75%/100%...

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529

what about if you could put the face huggers on a bit simlair to pigs traps?

• Onyx_Blue
    edited May 2020

@Emeal_the_Camper I sure did consider that being a perk. However, I felt it was too close to Spirit Fury in function, that I decided it would be better as a unique passive ability for the Xenomorph; also making it suit the creature's lore trait too also pushed me to make it power related.

The reason behind Signing Off being only 3 tokens is because it's a perk designed to encourage the player to help teammates survive at least until endgame. Since the player using it is gonna be alive at that time, 25% is guranteed. So, in order to get benefit of the perk, at least one teammate needs to be alive, making it a teambased bonus; unlike WGLF being a borderline selfish bonus bp perk.

Thank you for the feedback and praise :)

• Onyx_Blue

@Revzi100 I considered that, but in my original post, someone pointed out that the functions in that first design were too similar to killers that already exist, so I didn't want to make that same error in design again.

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175

The power has a lot of moving parts, so it's hard to tell how viable it would be without testing it ingame. However, the one part of the power I want to bring attention to is the Struggle part of the Face Huggers.

How hard is the skill check? Overcharge has a really small skill check, and that perk is completely useless. Good survivors don't miss that skill check. Anything bigger then regular Great Skill checks will render the power completely worthless against really good survivors. They just wont be effected by it. It slows them down, yes, but the effect will never trigger on them.

While I can't talk too much about the power, I can touch on the perks.

Impaled is not a good idea. This only benefits camping. And we do not need more perks that encourage camping. If you aren't camping with it, the perk wont do much. It's already really quick, so 25% of that won't be much.

Harvester would be busted on two killers, and not very useful on most others. Those killers being Michael and Oni. They are very slug heavy, and combining this perk with Infectious Fright would allow them to chain hit after hit. If it stacks? As in, you down a survivor. 120% now. Down another before the 35 seconds are up. 125%. Tier 3 Myers with 125% movement speed, and who likely knows your location due to Infectious? Scary as hell. Even if it doesn't stack, 5% for simply downing a survivor is a bit much on those. This perk is a bit too divisive. Really good on Oni and Michael, not that useful on everyone else. My recommendation would be a bit more speed, but activates on hooking a survivor. 7% maybe. It would help low-mobility killers get to a gen in time, and wouldn't become busted on any killer.

Hex: Hive Mind, I'm really glad you included an effect if it's broken. This perk would likely go unnoticed by survivors, as there wouldn't be a notification that you have it. However, for the primary effect to be good, three things need to be clarified. 1) Does it tell you when it activates, 2) Does the EGC start when it activates, and 3) Does the blocked lever prevent the door from opening. If the first two are yes, this is pretty good. If it tells you when it activates but doesn't trigger EGC, it's decent. If it only triggers EGC that tells you anyways, so that's also decent. If it does neither 1 or 2, it's not very good, and if it doesn't do 3, there's little point to have it up in the late game, no matter if it does the first 2. It would be best to lead survivors to it to cleanse it, or bring Hex Perks to encourage people to find it. Because the destroyed effect is actually pretty good. Being able to defend exit gates like that would be really solid, and would find a place in endgame builds consistently.

For Survivor Perks:

Signing Off doesn't really have an effect, and if I'm understanding it correctly, the bloodpoint gains aren't very good. Is it that any action you make gains that many more bloodpoints, or all actions throughout the game gain that many bloodpoints at the end? If it's the former, it's not that good as most actions that give bloodpoints take place before exit gates are powered, and if it's the second one, it could be worded a bit better where all Survivors who make it out of the trial give you the stacks. Unless it's just however many people are alive when you leave, which encourages you to not help survivors in the endgame. This perk needs clarification, just like Hive Mind.

Deal With It would be a very healthy Perk, if it was a bit better. Both effects are nice, but the activation is the issue here. In my experience, if one survivor is hooked, and another is being carried to the hook, the first survivor will be saved before the killer makes it back. This makes it so the perk doesn't do much in most situations, and would only be an anti-camping perk in very niche situations. And even in those situations, the killer will be juggling multiple hooks. That's already hard to defend as killer, unless you're Hag, in which case she will teleport once the unhook happens and render it useless. The effect isn't good enough for how niche the activation would be. My recommendation would to remove the condition, and have it activate once a survivor is hooked. That way it works if a killer hooks and just camps them.

Just Do What You Do would be my least favourite perk in the game if it got in. Stuns are already punishing, making them more would be more annoying then useful. Stunning a Killer, unless they have Unbreakable, will guarantee you make it to a safe pallet. The extra stun wouldn't help much there. And it's viability isn't the issue here, it's the fact that it would be so, so unfun to play against. This perk would not work.

• Onyx_Blue

@TheMythicalCat thanks for taking the time to give some very solid feedback and questions. :)

I'll tick all of the questions in order of being asked:

- The Facehugger skill-checks are the size of Unnerving Presence skill-checks. But, the thing to note is that the survivor must continue to wiggle the stick while hitting the skill-checks that appear, making it that much more challenging. So, if you hiccup on the wiggling too often then you run a very high risk of not filling the bar. And missing a skill-check will regress the bar too.

- I see Impaled having more uses than camping. In moments where you need to get a survivor downed and hooked before a rescue happens or before they can heal/both run to the gen after the rescue; having them take longer to rescue can give the killer less punishment in their momentum shift in that regard, and also has a nice use in endgame camping. Camping in general will always be seen in dbd, I don't think the appliance for a camping killer outway the benefit of a killer who juggles and takes chases whenever they can. Would you agree?

- With Harvested, I can see your point. Hmm, only reason I went with speed coming off of a down is that a killer gets speed off of a hook with Devour Hope, I didn't really like to see two perks have almost identical functions. But to clarify, it doesn't stack within the confides of the perks criteria. Would only recieve 5% boost from this perk.

- Hex: Hive Mind 1) yes it notified the killer by lighting up on th HUD if the totem is still up, and yes it notifies a survivor that opening progress is resgressing when they let go of the lever. 2) it doesn't trigger EGC in either scenario. 3) yes, the lever will have the entity claws around it preventing interaction from both Killer and Survivor.

- Signing off functions as WGLF does in terms of point gains. All categories are granted the percentage bonus in accordance to how many tokens were achieved. And yes, the tokens are earned by how many survivors are alive when the exit gates are powered. This also takes into account an early Hatch escape. If someone were to jump in the Hatch before the final gen is done and the killer closes it, anyone using Signing off gains a token for anyone still in the trial as well as the survivor who had escaped in the Hatch. I felt it should be done this way because a token based perk would be hard to factor in if the survivor using it had to still be in the trial while everyone left before them. And if it was based on escaping, the user may be forced to leave before anyone else does, making it so the perk doesn't get a chance to grant the tokens.

- Deal With It, I see your argument, and would say in response, the perk designed the way it is is precisely for moments where a team cannot physically react to a killer getting two hooks before the rescue happens. In situations like this: two people on gens while the first is being hooked, and the 4th one gets seen on approach or nearby and is downed quickly. This would grant the survivor(s) using Deal With It to be able to leave no trace of their rescue attmept and get away with it quicker. I'd say it's designed to be a momentum shift perk, not just soley a rescue perk.

- Just Do What You Do, I knew the strength of it when making it, and the mindset behind creating it was "every perk should have a counter-part on the other role." Killers have Enduring, survivors are yet to have a stun extension perk. But i'm curious, would you have an idea as to how I could alter this perk to make it less obnoxious for killer to vs? Or perhaps an entirely new alternative?

Thanks again for the feedback, it's flattering to see my idea interested people :)

• TheMythicalCat

@Onyx_Blue Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

A lot of survivors, myself included when I play it, bind struggle to the mouse wheel. I feel that would make this killer a lot easier to face with that on, but doing 10 Unnerving Skillchecks in a row while struggling, even if it's bound to something easier, probably wouldn't be easy. I think the power would be fine, especially if Survivors aren't used to facing it.

For unhooking, I'm not sure exactly how long it takes, so I'll assume 2 seconds. An extra 25% brings that to 2.5 seconds. Half a second on each unhook won't help much outside of camping. Assuming you 2 hook every single survivor, that's 4 seconds wasted total from this perk. There are situations where a small amount of time save can be really helpful, the biggest one being Save the Best for Last. But that's in a chase, where half a second could mean a survivor getting to or not getting to a pallet. Making unhooks take half a second longer isn't very much. In a situation where you down two survivors (which is where the only non-camping use of this perk would be), both other survivors will stop what they're doing to help out. By the time the second guy is picked up, at least one of them will be there. And if both of them split up, Hag would be the only killer who could defend both. It's really hard to keep both survivors on a hook for long. And since you only get the notification when the survivor removes them from the hook, and not during the unhook, the extra .5 seconds wont do much. I don't think camping should ever be encouraged, it's not very engaging for both sides. I do camp myself, when the gens are powered I have nowhere else to be, but this perk would buff early game camping too, which is extremely boring for survivors. I feel the same way about Insidious, perks that buff camping shouldn't be in the game.

Devour Hope does have that, but it's really small, like 2% or something. No one has ever ran Devour for that speed boost, it may as well not be on the perk for how small it is. Maybe activating on hook isn't the best idea, but I'm not sure where else it could be that would benefit several killers.

So, Hive Mind notifies both parties, doesn't trigger EGC, and prevents the gate that was completed from opening? This is a really solid perk.

I was completely wrong about this perk in my comment, the stacks are from when the gate is powered. This also has a slight downside, where if a survivor is on a hook it encourages them to open the gate earlier then they should, but overall it would be nice.

I can see where Deal With It was built to help out, but dedicating an entire perk slot to that wouldn't be worth it in most cases. Again assuming 2 second unhooks, that's 0.3 second, or a 1.7 second unhook. Perks that are made to counter niche situations need to counter them very well, and I don't feel this perk does it well enough to justify taking it. It raises the same issue as earlier, where saving someone while two people are hooked is very easy. Either the killer rotates, allowing you to unhook as soon as they leave at an already really fast speed, or the killer camps one, which allows you to unhook the other for free, making the perk useless, as by the time you make it, unhook one, and make it to the other, the perk would have ran out. Or the killer might just slug one near the hooked one, rendering this perk useless. For how small the effect is, and how niche the situation it's built for is, I don't think this perk is very useful.

I think an alternative that would still be similar to it, would to be to give the survivor a speed boost when stunning a killer (with Exhaustion). The speed would have to be on par with other exhaustion perks to be worth taking over them, but not too much that stunning a killer just ends the chase. It would also provide counter play to those who hate Spirit Fury/Enduring combos other then to pre-drop pallets. I'm still not the biggest fan of it, as survivors are already rewarded for getting the stun, but I feel this would be better for both sides. Imagine a cloaked Wraith getting stunned for 6.5 seconds by a pallet.

• Onyx_Blue

@TheMythicalCat

- With the Impaled perk, you're right, the percentage needs an increase if it were to function in my design parameters. Maybe 30/40/50%? Since survivors have altruistic perks to speed up resucues too: Leader, BK, NOLB, Resiliance.

- Signing Off activates and awards the tokens as soon as the final gen pops or if the EGC is triggered by the killer closing Hatch. So it could pair with WGLF and encourage people to come back into get more bp bonuses. That would be the hope when you see it in play at least lol

- Deal With It probably should be a low percentage due to stackable effects from other altruistic perks. It would be crazy to have that, NOLB, BK and the others. It already is crazy fast with those ones listed now lol. But I do see how niche it would be. Could be great vs campers and I do think it would synergise into builds well and cautious gamers playstyles too.

- For 'Just Do What You Do', funny you say that idea about that. I had a post about a perk with that exact effect. Called it 'Moxie'; it got very mixed reactions at the time lol so I would gladly put a change to the function to make it that if the Stun Extension was too obnoxious.

Cheap plug incoming lol i'd love to hear constructive feedback on my other Chapter ideas if you felt like scrolling to them as well? Posts titled 'Chapter Idea Lost At Sea' and 'Chapter Idea Lair Of The Damned'. And i'm actually in the process of a new one too, so keep the page refreshed! haha

• TheMythicalCat

That last comment cleared up all my questions about about the killer, and for the most part I think it would be a really solid chapter. And I would love to check out the other ones, I really enjoy reading these and providing feedback