Killer mains/people who play both sides whats your opinion on freddy?

I personally think he's just a bit op but he dosent need major nerfs. Whats your opinion?

Comments

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Hate Freddy, nothing else to say. 🤮

• skynightjourney
    skynightjourney Member Posts: 128

I love playing as Freddy and against him, usually cause I can at least learn a thing or two from other Freddy players when I go against him, and playing as him just cause Freddy is iconic and fun. Personally I think Freddy is fine where he is and doesn’t really need a change.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

I like playing as him, it gives some neat bloodpoints. Playing against him is pretty boring however. I don't mind the pallets, its fun to guess yet the pools kill me on the inside as its essentially Clown but worse.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

Hes fine

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

The fact that he’s strong is not an issue. He’s just very boring to play as and against, he’s just a better Clown that can teleport.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Strongest and balanced killer to date. Very boring to play constantly. Usually only whip him out when I want to get some quick BP. Difficult to survive against but that's because most survivors aren't adapted to his aggressive pressure.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Freddy is too strong a bit, not overpowered as Nurse but he definitly needs some minor nerfs.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I think he is not just a pain to play against but his controls and function feel awkward when I play him

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148

He okay just don't see the point in oblivious. All you gotta do as freddy is smack the rescuer and poof no more borrow time for the hooked survivor.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I love that he's a much stronger killer now.

The ability to teleport to gens is strong and looks relly good aswell.

The fake pallets are fine too,

But his snares are the worst thing about him there's nothing really cool or satisfying about that part of his kit and no counter to it once you are in the dream world other then throwing the pallet earlier,which makes it really boring to play as and against him.

His addons are mostly boring and bad as well.You would hope that of all killers Freddy has some more interesting addons given that he controlls the dream world.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I think he has a bit too much in his kit. He needs tuning down a little, not much but a little. He also shouldn’t counter BT, I’ll never understand why the devs gave him that.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I hate everything about him

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I love playing as freddy, for awhile, but yes he can get stale after a bit. He is strong and ofcourse iconic, so that is a enticing in itself.

I dont mind playing against freddy unless someone is going for that "almost forever " build with their ebony. Then it's like "what's the point?"

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

He'll stomp potatoes but good not even SWF rank 1 survivors will still beat him as long as they don't mess up too many times. If anything other weak killers should be buffed on his level. People just complain since they hate strong killers no matter who they are and the proceed to call them boring to justify nerfs.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

Freddy was a mistake, The only fix to him is to delete him.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Definitely OP. He takes minimum effort to get maximum results.

• Strange_Scarecrow
    Strange_Scarecrow Member Posts: 50

For me Freddy is boring to play as and against. Also I'm not really enjoying Dream world slide show with my ######### PC.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Going against him is fun for me. It's fun because he's unpredictable, you don't know if he's going to teleport or come at you. If he uses Pallets, it adds the challenge of 'Is that fake or not'. It feels like you need more strategy to really face him rather than try the usual looping tactics.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

That's a failure on the design of borrowed time, it has nothing to do with Freddy. The problem is they tied borrowed time to terror radius, wraith and pig can get around it as well by concealing theirs.

I would argue Freddy is in fact exactly who I pull out when I check steam profiles or twitch and see the group I'm going against is an SWF with comms. Break out the red paint brush and swing chains or jump rope and a decent map offering and go to town. Usually Freddy's chase potential and map-wide pressure are enough to at least give me a draw at worst, if not win the game outright with a 3k or 4k depending on how generous I feel (assuming they weren't toxic).

As far as Freddy's overall strength, I play him at red ranks the most out of any of the "core four" meta killers (Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly, and Freddy). Freddy in my opinion is the best of the four.

Nurse while having the highest potential is absolutely torturous to play as. Even if you master her high learning curve her quality of life is terrible. Playing stun simulator 5000 is just not enjoyable.

Spirit has the second best chase potential but falls short on overall map pressure, she also has more trouble using pop goes the weasel optimally as she needs her power for chasing and not just for map movement.

Hillbilly has the best overall map mobility and can utilize pop goes the weasel the second most optimally, only downside is he is still a regular loopable killer who needs time in a chase to setup his insta-down.

Freddy has all the strengths of these killers (incredible map mobility, ending chases quickly) while also having the best built in generator slowdown with his addons like swing chains and jump rope. His teleportation combined with BBQ allows him to see the priority generator instantly, teleport to it, and pop it within 5 seconds of hooking someone, that is insanely good generator regression. Freddy's snares make ending loops significantly faster, as well as providing information. His fake pallets are a gimmick, and usually only used when people wanna meme.

• xenotimebong

Yes, I know how the perk works. It’s part of his kit following a change the devs made to how Freddy’s power works.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Boring but strong

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

most braindead killer to play as, just keep setting traps everywhere till you eventually catch someone, very little to no strategy involved with his power.

and they already nerfed his "forever" build, which was the most annoying and boring thing to go against.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    edited April 2020

See you claim you know how the perk works, and then continue to blame it on Freddy's kit, which is incorrect. The problem is borrowed time is attached to terror radius, of which Freddy has none in the dream world. So if the unhooking player is asleep no terror radius was read and borrowed time doesn't trigger. Same with wraith if he's cloaked.

My point was they need to fix the perk itself so it's not tied to terror radius.

Also this works against Freddy at times as well. In the dreamworld there is no terror radius, so someone with OOO can see me at literally all times. I ran into a group running four OOO just cause they wanted to meme and I didn't have unicorn block, so literally loops were impossible as they could wallhack me the whole time.

Honestly terror radius perks like BT and OOO need to be reworked to be hard distances of 32m (standard terror radius) so they work as intended at all times instead of being wonky on certain interactions.

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

Personally I think he's too easy to play for his effectivity.

• xenotimebong

Yes, exactly. When Freddy was first reworked the dream world didn’t give him Undetectable, and then the devs changed his kit so now he has it. Like I said.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

@Kwikwitted So are you saying that he's too strong and needs nerfs or what ? You didn't really say the reason behind listing all his strengths compared to other killers. Yes he's strong and decently easy to play. I really don't see what is wrong with that. Why couldn't we have effective high tier killer that you don't need to sweat super hard to play optimally.

Many of freddy's strengths come from perks and addons so baseline freddy isn't problematic at all. Ofc when you play fully into all the synergies of killer's power you'll get far better results then if you didn't. Any of meta killer with best perks and addons played by really good player can do well and even far better then freddy. Good nurse or spirit with best addons/perks is many times deadlier then any freddy you'll ever face. He's still reling on mistakes and snowball as other M1 killers do. Snares punish surviors beiing greedy for more loops then they can allow just as clown. If you throng down the pallets he'll eventually have to break it or lose ton of times to build up BL.

I could see some small tweaks beiing made to him but any significat change/nerf would just put him back to low tiers which would be really sad to see.

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

He’s fine.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

Boring, but at least strong.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I think you got answered by a lot of survivor mains. Personally he is quite fun to play as, strong but not oppressive. He has decent ability to slow looping and also map pressure. As a survivor he is quite annoing to play against IF you get bad team, but then again every killer is hard if you have potato team.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

Freddy is incredibly strong as a killer. But something about his play style and what he does makes me dislike playing AS him and AGAINST him.. I know they reworked him and he'll likely never get another re-work, but he's likely my least favorite killer even though he is one of the top killers ATM.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I play Freddy frequently now. He's one of the best that's for sure. Probably the killer I best perform on. That being said... I can't like chain play him. It might be a couple of games and then he's just boring as hell. Really doesn't have interactive powers. He might be the biggest basic M1 killer in the game. Really the only thing I really enjoy about him is being able to run discordance and teleport to generators that have multiple people on them. It allows him to be in a chase from the start of the game till the end. I think stuff like that simply make him strong. He's kinda like a Hillbilly that can hang a survivor and chainsaw across the map to find people for another chase instantly. Think Billy and Freddy are pretty much at that same level because of that.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited April 2020

Personally I hate fake pallets. Unless you memorize every pallet location in the map they have no real counter except praying, especially since in the first chase you don't even know which power Freddy is using. That makes fake pallets very frustrating to face, but also too boring and braindead to use for me.

As for the rest of his kit, snares are a bit too spammable and his lunge animation is very misleading, but otherwise I find him ok.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I don't play as him frequently enough for me to give a proper opinion. However from my experiences with him he's alright just really dull.

As for playing against him as long as I'm not playing against the super slow down Freddy I'm fine if it's super slow down Freddy then yeah that is a major no

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

He's stupid easy to play and gets stale quickly on both sides. I can't imagine maining him, theres just no such thing as that.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
    edited April 2020

I like playing as, and against him. However, I hate Red Paint Brush and Swing Chains. I have no issues with Snares or Pallets.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

i play both at reds

hes an m1 killer that actively allows people to bloodlust instead of mindgaming

zzz

• jokerdude23_
    jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102

Fine as is, very powerful, I enjoy using him and facing him personally

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Extremely unfun and uninteractive to play against his dream snares and constant sleeping.

”Haha loser, I put down three dream snares, now this loop will kill you.”

”Well maybe if I run to this one instead—“

”Haha no, I don’t suffer from any penalties while placing a dream snare so I can punish you for abandoning the loop that I turned into a death trap by holding M2 three times. Don’t you feel so outskilled?”

Add on to that his formidable map pressure and it’s a cycle of him constantly getting you into a chase and said chases not lasting long at all because Dream Snares are so brainless. And THEN you forever Freddy who slows down the gens by an insane degree by just playing the game and... it’s not fun.

Playing as him is just as boring. Why go through the effort of mindgaming or anything like that when you can just hold M2 near a loop you don’t like and win for free, then teleport and do it all again?

Overall, boring as hell to play as and against.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

He s fine. The counter is that you need to have one person to do secondary objectives just like with Trapper, Hag. By that i mean that one survivor needs to stay awake and wake up the rest of the survivors then Freddy is barely able to use his power.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I ######### love him. Second favorite Killer after Doctor.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Quite the deadly Killer, but not over the edge just yet.

Since the Snares are the standard, i don't like his base gameplay.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,240

He's fine. He has plenty of counters that survivors tend to ignore. There's a weird logic that people have towards waking up. "I'll be dead by 3 gens, but at least I didn't cross the map or fail a skill check to wake up. That would be inefficient." The biggest problem I have with him is how strong he can be relative to how low his skill ceiling is.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Freddy's fine

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148

If you think about it, it kind of ironic considering prework freddy had wallhack. How the tables have turned.

• Chan_002
    Chan_002 Member Posts: 21

In my entire time playing DBD (on pc and ps4) i have not once gone against a freddy

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

What rank are you and how long have you been playing dbd

• Chan_002
    Chan_002 Member Posts: 21

Ive been on and off DBD on ps4 i was like 13 or 12, and pc im 14, as for time played on pc it saids 70 hours (feels like more) and for ps4 i played for a few years before switching to pc

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I've been playing both sides since week 1 of this games release, in it's current state with sound bugs and game balance I do not think there is an op killer in the game, if those were fixed then I would change my mind, but with how fast gens go in rank 1 as long as I have a competent team with me you can curb stomp most killers. As for how he is to play as and against, I hate playing against him, the dream world is annoying and he has little to no counter play, and for playing as him, he is in my opinion very boring to play as, and I would take old freddy any day over him, old freddy was a challenge and was very fun to play.