The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just Curious...

Why is the idea of a FNaF chapter so hated upon? You could argue that the FNaF community is cancerous, but every community has a few bad apples in it. I just feel that there would be a lot more positives than negatives that would come from a FNaF chapter. Do you hate the idea of a FNaF chapter or would you be okay with it if it were added into the game? Or maybe you couldn't care less whether a FNaF chapter were added. This is just an opinionated debate with no right or wrong answers.

Comments

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    How would that work exactly
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    I don't hate it, I don't even really know much about it but isn't it a game already? Why put it in ours when we could get original killers? If u wanna play FNAF then just play that game. 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Why is the idea of a FNaF chapter so hated upon? You could argue that the FNaF community is cancerous, but every community has a few bad apples in it. I just feel that there would be a lot more positives than negatives that would come from a FNaF chapter. Do you hate the idea of a FNaF chapter or would you be okay with it if it were added into the game? Or maybe you couldn't care less whether a FNaF chapter were added. This is just an opinionated debate with no right or wrong answers.

Idk, I have mixed feelings on a FNaF chapter. However I don't see a big problem with adding this chapter tho but the developers want a human like killer not a complete machine tho. Maybe Spring Trap could but that's the developers choice, not mine! :)
  • TheEliteTurtle
    TheEliteTurtle Member Posts: 108

@redsopine1 said:
    How would that work exactly

I was thinking something along the lines of a Springtrap killer, but that's just a thought. A FNaF chapter could be executed in dozens of ways in terms of mechanics and concepts. You could introduce many different play styles to the game. There was a concept I saw on the forums about a FNaF killer a while ago. The concept was all about punishing you if you are out of the terror radius by gradually adding negative effects (essentially a reverse carters sparks thing).

• redsopine1
    So in other words you gotta be crazy to even play the map and it negates the SWF teams that abuse being able to hide from a killer and heal stuff
  • Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

@chemical_reject said:
    I don't hate it, I don't even really know much about it but isn't it a game already? Why put it in ours when we could get original killers? If u wanna play FNAF then just play that game. 

I'd prefer a homebrew animatronic killer to a licensed one, more freedom for cosmetics and map design.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

@TheEliteTurtle said:
    couldn't care less whether a FNaF chapter were added.

• TheEliteTurtle

@chemical_reject said:

Many fans of Five Nights at Freddy's don't really like actually playing the games. They like the series for other things like story/lore, characters, fan games, and other stuff like that. The whole reason why I suggested bring a FNaF character to Dead by Daylight in the first place is because Dead by Daylight's gameplay. I find the gameplay of Dead by Daylight much more enjoyable than FNaF's gameplay, but FNaF has some really interesting characters that would suit the role for a great killer. So, that's why I thought it would be interesting to see a FNaF killer in this game.

• TheEliteTurtle

@Nickenzie said:
    TheEliteTurtle said:

Idk, I have mixed feelings on a FNaF chapter. However I don't see a big problem with adding this chapter tho but the developers want a human like killer not a complete machine tho. Maybe Spring Trap could but that's the developers choice, not mine! :)

Springtrap would be the best choice for a killer, if a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter were to be added.

• TheEliteTurtle

@Killmaster said:

@chemical_reject said:

I'd prefer a homebrew animatronic killer to a licensed one, more freedom for cosmetics and map design.

I don't really have a preference on licensed vs. original killers. However, I'm sure that the creator of Five Nights at Freddy's would be perfectly fine with cosmetics.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    edited September 2018

FNAF is a cool game,it was more Omg (tendency) back in 2014,2015,but now is meh.
    i dont know how an animatronic could work in DBD So,it's like trying to add the xenomorph from alien movie
    it doesn't fit at all

• TheEliteTurtle

@BraveClem said:
    FNAF is a cool game,it was more Omg (tendency) back in 2014,2015,but now is meh.
    i dont know how an animatronic could work in DBD So,it's like trying to add the xenomorph from alien movie
    it doesn't fit at all

I do agree that this doesn't fit into the game at all: https://pm1.narvii.com/6135/3db0207a9b12941366446715d6023fb0f9f92199_hq.jpg

However, this absolutely fits the game's atmosphere: https://pre00.deviantart.net/ee30/th/pre/f/2017/167/9/2/stylistic_springtrap_render_by_misterfab1970-dbcx2o6.png

• TheEliteTurtle

@Mycroft said:
    Jesus Christ on a pony

Um, wut

• redsopine1
    Mycroft said:

Jesus Christ on a pony

Which pony celestia or Luna lol
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    @TheEliteTurtle that totally makes sense. That's like I want a jason from f13th in our game cuz the way dbd plays is so much better than the f13th the games play style 
  • TheEliteTurtle

@redsopine1 said:
    Mycroft said:

Jesus Christ on a pony

Wut

• redsopine1
    Is it me or wouldn't it be cool to have a map inside the entity's true realm but its more dangerous for both killers and survivors as the entity is furious at the intrusion and don't discriminate if the killer don't find and attack survivors within a time limit the entity punishes the killer in some way
  • redsopine1

@redsopine1 said:
    Mycroft said:

Jesus Christ on a pony

Wut

Brony and a fur sooo yer as a joke I was asking them which pony Jesus would be sitting on
  • Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

Just not a fan of the overly cartoony look of FNAF and feel it would take away from the overall vibe of the game. If they are gonna add more licensed killers and survivor I could think of a lot that would be much more deserving of the honor.

• redsopine1

Just not a fan of the overly cartoony look of FNAF and feel it would take away from the overall vibe of the game. If they are gonna add more licensed killers and survivor I could think of a lot that would be much more deserving of the honor.

Like victor crowly from the hatchet films
  • TheEliteTurtle
    edited September 2018

@Action_Jaxon said:

As I said before:
    I do agree that this doesn't fit into the game at all: https://pm1.narvii.com/6135/3db0207a9b12941366446715d6023fb0f9f92199_hq.jpg

However, this absolutely fits the game's atmosphere: https://pre00.deviantart.net/ee30/th/pre/f/2017/167/9/2/stylistic_springtrap_render_by_misterfab1970-dbcx2o6.png

There's only a handful of killers I think would be better than a FNaF killer. Maybe like Jason or Chucky (even though he most likely won't come). I'm just thinking in terms of videogame killers with a legacy. Yeah, there are more scary options, but I didn't see people going around talking about those options in 2014.

• TheEliteTurtle
    edited September 2018

@Mycroft said:
    Cringey creepypasta stuff is cringey.

No.

Alright, think what you want.

• TheEliteTurtle

@redsopine1 said:
    So in other words you gotta be crazy to even play the map and it negates the SWF teams that abuse being able to hide from a killer and heal stuff

I guess..? Idk it isn't my concept.

• Action_Jaxon

@TheEliteTurtle said:

@Action_Jaxon said:

As I said before:

There's only a handful of killers I think would be better than a FNaF killer. Maybe like Jason or Chucky (even though he most likely won't come). I'm just thinking in terms of videogame killers with a legacy. Yeah, there are more scary options, but I didn't see people going around talking about those options in 2014.

Pinhead, Candman, Pyramid Head, and The Tall Man would all be top choices for me but I'm a little old school I see a lot of threads asking for Ghostface from scream and The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers even though we know he won't be getting added. So there are still quite a few they could add before going that route.

• redsopine1
    Omg pyramid head would be a nightmare wait which version the red one from James mind in SH2 or the more common Bogeyman variants from later games? Anyway he is slow beat deadly would he use a spear or a giant knife both have a advantage and disadvantage spear can be faster moving while the blade has a longer reach and can be like the billys chainsaw one hit down
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They would just not fit in.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    I'm going to keep showing my support for this guy....he totally fits. http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkinhead
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@Nickenzie said:
    TheEliteTurtle said:

Springtrap is literally a rotting corpse in a robot suit, I feel he would fit in really nicely.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@BraveClem said:
    it doesn't fit at all

I feel like people keep forgetting about Springtrap, the character that is literally a rotting body in a robot suit.

• Action_Jaxon

@Jed said:
    I'm going to keep showing my support for this guy....he totally fits. http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkinhead

Instantly regretted not listing him as soon as I saw your post, would love to see him added as well.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    to be entitled
  • TheEliteTurtle

@Action_Jaxon said:

@TheEliteTurtle said:

@Action_Jaxon said:

As I said before:

Pinhead, Candman, Pyramid Head, and The Tall Man would all be top choices for me but I'm a little old school I see a lot of threads asking for Ghostface from scream and The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers even though we know he won't be getting added. So there are still quite a few they could add before going that route.

I'm not saying it has to be the next DLC or even the most likely DLC. Those are all great choices and should get a spot on the roster spot. All I'm saying is that a FNaF killer, like Springtrap, should eventually get a roster spot of his own as well.

• TheEliteTurtle

@Action_Jaxon said:

@Jed said:

Instantly regretted not listing him as soon as I saw your post, would love to see him added as well.

I haven't seem him before. He looks like the hag's husband!

• TheEliteTurtle
    edited September 2018

@redsopine1 said:
    Is it me or wouldn't it be cool to have a map inside the entity's true realm but its more dangerous for both killers and survivors as the entity is furious at the intrusion and don't discriminate if the killer don't find and attack survivors within a time limit the entity punishes the killer in some way

I feel like this concept would suffer because of the "stage hazard" concept that games like Smash Bros also suffered from: The abillity to decide a win or loss due to a hazard presented by the stage. I would be ok with it if the map with the hazards could only be spawned in with the use of an offering (maybe like a "very rare" offering), so this way its not totally RNG based.

• redsopine1
    Ok Hrmm tricky but survivors can burn offerings that mask them from the entity for a time while the killer's offering could lessen the punishment or speed up its chasing power