I'd Like To See A Former Survivor As A Killer

Lexilogo
Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

This was an idea somewhat brought up in the "old lore" with Benedict Baker stuff but has never really been revisited since. I do appreciate that it's been all but stated the Entity spidertentacle-picks individuals it thinks would make good Killers/Survivors specifically for their roles now, but I really enjoyed the sense of absolute hopelessness from the idea that eventually, you might give in and become one of the monsters just to make the pain from the Trials stop, and given The Alchemist's recent story, I think we're opening up more potential for this to be directly confirmed and explored.

Realistically, the way I think this could happen would be the Legion's lore that'll be coming in the next Tome to not just cover their descent into murder (which I'm looking forward to) but also to maybe touch on what happens after they enter The Entity's realm. Considering the idea of them being parallel to the Survivors is a large part of their concept, I think them canonically starting off as Survivors undergoing their own trials together, before slowly starting to understand what this place is and how it works, and taking the Killer's role in the trials, could be a cool exploration of their dynamic. (as a random example, maybe the janitor they murdered IS their Killer for their trials, and they keep going through Ormond over and over before ganging up on him and brutally murdering him again without hesitation this time, thus "succeeding" and being officially anointed Killers by the Entity?)

The other major alternative could be Wraith in a future Tome, as people have always had issues with Mr Ojomo's role as a Killer. Other than "he snapped and went ballistic" we have absolutely no idea why he's a Killer and the Wailing Bell is a gigantic ? as to why he has it. Being grabbed and made to be a (probably slightly off) Survivor, perhaps actually building the weapon he uses out of his boss' spine to try and defend himself, before maybe stumbling across the Wailing Bell and using it to start breezing through Trials, before maybe having his mind warped by it or something and transitioning to the other side of the fence.

Those are just two random ideas, though, and the idea could easily be approached instead from another Killer or an all-new one in future. Hell, Adiris could've been a Survivor starting off, though she probably predates generators in Trials and would've been naturally avoided by others afraid of her infection. I would just like to see a Killer with that direct connection confirmed, even though it's a concept BHVR have moved away from over time.

Comments

• Gato_Loco
    Gato_Loco Member Posts: 39

Probably Adiris never were a survivor, she asked for the answer of any god while she was dying, and the entity was the one who give her that, and then she started killing by her devotion to that god

But the Legion and Wraith could be interesting

• EthanW
    EthanW Member Posts: 82

I have said this multiple times and I wont stop asking,

Rin. As. Survivor. 😲