What items do you bring into the trials the most?

Options
Halloween2005
Halloween2005 Member Posts: 73

Just curious yet again with everyone's opinions. Do you enjoy bringing a toolbox in game to complete gens or sabotage the hooks? Do you prefer a medkit to stay on the healthy side during your trials? Flashlights to courageously save your friends and make plays? Firecrackers for fun explosions during a chase? Or a key to make a early escape with your survivor friends? I dont really have a most used item I use them all about the same.

What items do you bring into the trials the most? 118 votes

Medkit
47%
FoggyDownpourDocCrtKazzNescauJetTheWaffleCatCheersJaggybrokedownpalacePoweasRiead19970TheRockstarKnightAzurlynxDeadeyeHertsuFINBoosted_Dwight[Deleted User]konchokRullisiBotiz 56 votes
Toolbox
7%
BossSeiko300PlanetJuke420GOODBOYMODZZSpectre13BassTramThorbosenshadowwings8810Kolonite 9 votes
Flashlight
12%
Spartagone45SpacingLlamasAlexis_FFabeqMCSwaggleTitzHrakofmagicmaster2020IAmShadowZzzasparagusbrubliPiantoMartesa55Francesco044TypicalNancyezmindgames 15 votes
Firecrackers
0%
Key
1%
TaigaKrevetka 2 votes
I dont have a most used item
3%
SnakeSound222GHERBEARRULESpichumudkipPok 4 votes
I dont bring items into trials much
27%
AdelooCamoRangerYucchiTechnomorpherLALYTHIABraveClemI_am_NeganxEawichael_wyerstomas11403alaenyiaRaven014SunaIIanuanonymous31337Deadbydanny_101Tomie3213MooxPlantCollectorTodgeweihtPrettyFaceKate 32 votes

Comments

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options
    Medkit

I'm very boosted so I tend to lose health states fast 😅

• shadowwings8810
    shadowwings8810 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Toolbox

Before the update, this was my essential way of saving people

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Medkit

I farm so many medkits with pharmacy it’s amazing 😍

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

After the great toolbox nerf of 2020, nothing. I only bring stuff out.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

You forgot my favourite item - maps! Not even joking, Rainbow Maps are my jam.

As for which item I bring most, though, it's probably toolboxes, just because I tend to have a lot more of them than I do maps.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Medkit

Because every other item is apparently a valid reason to get tunneled. You bring a Toolbox? Genrusher, you deserve to die! You bring a flashlight? You're probably going to taunt me, you'll die! You bring a map? You're a tryhard, get to the hook! You bring a key? You are probably a coward who plans to camp the hatch, so it was inevitable to kill you first!

And no, I'm not making this up, these are actual comments I got on my post-game lobby chat. At first I just ignored this, but the scenarios repeated and I got fed up with it.

I never got tunneled because of medkits though, and I use them a lot because I'm trying to avoid Self-Care. So you'll constantly see me with medkits, sometimes toolboxes (though not so much after the rework/nerf) or just nothing. I only bring a Rainbow Map when I'm in SWF and that's not very often.

By the way, I play both sides. If I see all 4 survivors with "threatening" items, well, Franklin's Demise, I choose you! And end of story.

• asparagus
    asparagus Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Flashlight

I used to bring toolboxes but since the nerf I don’t anymore. But I love bringing in flashlights cause I’m hoping to make the killer go permanently blind for how many times I blind the killer!

• Moox
    Moox Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2020
    Options

I only bring items in KYF and I almost always have the Ace In The Hole perk equipped when I am in a normal trial. I find it fun to have a little gamble while in game. Also, you forgot about maps.

• IAmShadowZzz
    IAmShadowZzz Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Flashlight

I almost always bring a flashlight because I like to run the killer around so my team can get gens done, since I'm pretty good at running the killer. And it helps in a lot of situations, saving my friends with flashlight rescues, and flashing him at every vault and pallet. Helps me get away from a lot of situations. Especially if I'm in the injured state.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179
    Options
    Toolbox

Mostly for the sabo daily or if I feel like being an annoying little ######### to the killer that trail lol

• Echo0203
    Echo0203 Member Posts: 5
    Options

I'm just a hoarder and I don't like to get rid of my precious items unless its for a challenge or I'm doing a meme build with mates

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I seldomly run a medkit when I want to activate MoM on Ash, but besides those rare occasions, I dont tend to run items

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550
    Options
    Medkit

Medkits are the most reliable and simple item to use, maps and keys are weird for me to use because I don't like burning my items out. Toolboxes are more difficult to decide when to use, sometimes I'll use it up at the start and it'll all regress when the killer chases me off the gen or I'll save it for later and never end up using it. Flashlights are a lot of fun when I get into the zone but I'll often forget to use them and then it'll just get wasted.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Medkit

It used to be toolboxes, but now it would have to be medkits since toolboxes don't feel as worth while as they used to be. My favorite item is a rainbow map, but I don't get that many overall and I bring more medkits than anything else

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Medkit

Before the Nerf to the toolboxs I always use them..

now i only use medkits and flashlights (sometimes)

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

As a killer I have never come across firecrackers and that sounds hilarious and awesome. I would love to see those someday.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Options
    Medkit

Medkit because you 97% of the time can't rely on teammates healing you while playing solo survivor.

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Medkit

Brown medkits because I refuse to run self care.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Options
    Toolbox

My favorite item by far is the commodious toolbox especially with the recent toolbox changes. I put on any add-ons that increase the charges and save it for when there's only one or two gens left just in case the last few gens are close to each other.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    Toolbox

It's between Medkit and Toolbox, but since I bring Self-Care almost every match I think I probably go for the toolbox more often. Although if I was doing an altruistic Archives objective you'd definitely see me bring in a medkit regardless to get that done asap.

On the rarer occasion when I'm not running self care and I'm running a different build for whatever reason (daily objectives, Archives, just cause I feel like it, etc.) it's far more likely I'll go for at least a common medkit.

• Halloween2005
    Halloween2005 Member Posts: 73
    Options
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Toolbox

I like Maps the most, but it's gotta be the Toolbox that i bring in the most.

I'm a main objective guy, it's not because genrushing is the latest trend or anything, that's just how i've always been.

It's just that Maps only come in 2 rarities, and the lowest one is Rare.

There's 6 Toolboxes & 2 of them are lower than Rare.

• Champagne
    Champagne Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Medkit

I love looping the killer so I need to Heal Up!!

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

And here I thought I would be in the minority... but most people don't bring items. Must be my region that relies on items then. : /

• giulianodannyfan
    giulianodannyfan Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Medkit

I rarely use medkits on myself cuz i mostly heal my mates.

• FixDBDPls
    FixDBDPls Member Posts: 87
    Options

A beer, so i can get drunk to oblivion while i laugh with my camper

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Medkit

Also maps if I have rainbow or the killer belonging addons, so I can heal with totems. If I prefer other builds, normally Medkits, because I tend to get caught offguard. The choice is medkits because I normally get way more medkits than maps

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 646
    Options

I rarely bring in stuff from the start because everyone standing in the lobby with an item just invites Franklins. With every survivor nerf it changes though as far as my thoughts on what is good, medkits got a nerf, so for a while it was toolboxes, then toolboxews got a massive nerf so back to medkits. I have never brought a flashlight, I don't use them, and if I find one in trial I just leave it in the chest for someone else to find (unless it is a hag). Maps are also fairly worthless, if you have been playing awhile. So currently just the occasional medkit when I solo.

• Pixel_BoomBot
    Pixel_BoomBot Member Posts: 116
    Options

I don't really use items at the beginning of the trial.