Hatches

Options

This happens to me a lot: I’m the only one working on gens and everyone one else is sucking dick and by the time I finish two gens they’re all dead cause they suck ass at the game and the hatch opens for me cause I finished off two gens but instead the killer doesn’t hunt for me he or she hunts for the hatch cause they know I’m not gonna do 3 more gens all by myself so they know I’m coming for the hatch and if they find it they literally camp it and if I try to escape through they grab me, which is low key messed up. I hope they take that option out so what I have to die because everyone else sucked balls??? Like I deserve to get the hatch that’s my only of escaping and it makes it a not fun game when the killer makes it so you have no chance at all 100% impossible to win that’s not fun that’s not what I paid my money for like damn pleas take that option out...

Best Answer

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Answer ✓
    Options

And eventually they going to release their idea for the end but in the mean just got to deal with 

Answers

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options
    if you know they're guarding hatch go do Gens? all you need to do is one and he will move
  • kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    So you can be grabbed from the hatch is what you’re saying?
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    @Iceman I totally stole that GIF to send to the next person that sends me a text bitching about something lmao I can't WAIT to use it. 
  • chemical_reject
    Options
    @kone19 yes u can be grabbed. U need to let the killer hit u before u jump in to ensure an escape. 
  • Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options
    Then do 3 gens. Possibly even only quality or 2 so the killer thinks your working on gens. If they don't expect you to do something thank do it.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

The 1v1 chase situation they said its interesting

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187
    Options

@Master said:

Please explain, why do you deserve the hatch and why doesnt the killer not deserve the kill?
    Seems like he found hatch first....

Neither one deserves it. If a killer is camping a hatch either wait it out (snooze fest) and the killer may get bored and dc/come to look for you. OR GO FREAKING DO GENERATORS.

I suggest waiting for a few seconds to see the killers behavior then go do generators. You know where the hatch is thanks to the killer no need to look for it.

• jeridan
    jeridan Member Posts: 77
    Options

@Nightmare247 said:
    Neither one deserves it. If a killer is camping a hatch either wait it out (snooze fest) and the killer may get bored and dc/come to look for you. OR GO FREAKING DO GENERATORS.

I suggest waiting for a few seconds to see the killers behavior then go do generators. You know where the hatch is thanks to the killer no need to look for it.

This is what I do. I look around for the hatch and if the killer finds it and starts camping it I go get more points on gens. I will do one and slip around to see if he left the hatch to go hunt me. If not, get more points doing another. No need to leave those points if they're free.

• thekatedenson
    thekatedenson Member Posts: 30
    Options
    @CheersTC have you ever done 3 gens all by yourself with the killer only after you?? 
  • thekatedenson
    Options
    @Master because I’m the one who opened the hatch I’m the only who did any work so why wouldn’t I deserve it? The killer doesn’t deserve the kill because he camped It, camping is a noob tactic it basically shows you don’t have any skill or you don’t know what else to do so you just stand there 😂 bad players don’t deserve BP, hard working players do.
  • thekatedenson
    Options
    @chemical_reject wait for him to hit you first? Okay that’s smart BUT what if the killer is someone who has a one shot that can get you down with one blow? Yeah I know crawling to the hatch is possible but even when you get to it whilst crawling and the killer is there he can still grab you when you try to go inside. So instead you should’ve worded it: “sometimes, depends on the killer, you have a 50/50 of letting them hit you first so you can jump in” not only with the one shot killers but what if youre already injured from before? Letting them hit you Is low key #########..
  • chemical_reject
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @chemical_reject wait for him to hit you first? Okay that’s smart BUT what if the killer is someone who has a one shot that can get you down with one blow? Yeah I know crawling to the hatch is possible but even when you get to it whilst crawling and the killer is there he can still grab you when you try to go inside. So instead you should’ve worded it: “sometimes, depends on the killer, you have a 50/50 of letting them hit you first so you can jump in” not only with the one shot killers but what if youre already injured from before? Letting them hit you Is low key #########..
    Ok be on the hatch when ur downed and u can still jump thru. If they down u while ur away from the hatch, u didn't deserve the escape. Letting them hit u before u jump in is the ONLY way to make sure they can't grab u. U have to be on top of the hatch. That's why it's called a hatch standoff. All the newbie ps plus people asking these questions are low key re........nevermind I don't wanna get banned. 
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@thekatedenson said:
    @Master because I’m the one who opened the hatch I’m the only who did any work so why wouldn’t I deserve it? The killer doesn’t deserve the kill because he camped It, camping is a noob tactic it basically shows you don’t have any skill or you don’t know what else to do so you just stand there 😂 bad players don’t deserve BP, hard working players do.

Thats a good thing to say if you are running for president of dead by daylight. but sadly no nothing in this game anyone is entitled to and you sound just as entitled as any killer who thinks they deserve a kill. Its a game you die you die who cares plus escaping is only what? 5000 bp that can buy you 1 common or 1 uncommon. Not worth the rage.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@thekatedenson said:

Tell me, what other "clever" tactic is there for the killer?
    I am curious because in my eyes the best tactic the killer has is standing in front of the hatch and waiting for the survivor to jump, might be boring, but gameplaywise its the best

• thekatedenson
    Options
    @chemical_reject asking a question about removing something doesn’t make me a noob? and what does ps plus have anything to do with this if I want to I could go out to the store rn and buy the disc version but that wouldn’t be stupid asf why buy something when you can get it for free ?? and even if I didn’t buy the disc version I’d still have this question so ps plus has nothing to do with this I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a problem with the hatch grab. I mean finding the hatch is hard enough like one time I was at Autohaven Wreckers and the pig was the killer and everyone else died but we got 3 gens don’t i literally crouched through tha entire map looking for it for like 25 minutes straight WHILE injured and I kept seeing the pig but she never saw me. That’s what I’m saying like just being able to find the hatch that’s deserving of something like that’s so terrible doing all that work by yourself plus taking all that time sneaking around trying to find the damn thing just to be grabbed and hooked? In my opinion that’s not a fun game at all.
  • thekatedenson
    Options
    @Global there’s a huge different in entitlement and deserving. I said I deserve the hatch because I’m the one who opened it and I’m the one who found it. No one is entitled to a win or entitled for a kill but sometimes you deserve it like are you really saying rn that a hard working survivor doesn’t deserve to survive?? Like if you suck at the game then you deserve to be hooked like if someone sucks then the killer deserves to get that kill because they don’t deserve win because they did nothing the whole round. I remember v recently I was in Haddonfield against Freddy and I did 4/5 gens by myself and one other person got one but it was because it was in that tiny room where only one person could fit in it but anyways I got 4/5 all by myself while everyone else was off sleeping and being chase and being hooked and I was able to escape unscathed and I never slept once that’s deserving of an escape plus I think like one or two other ppl escaped with me now wouldn’t that suck if i got all the gens and opened the door plus rescued someone and everyone else escaped but me? I wasn’t entitled to that win but I did deserve it.
  • thekatedenson
    Options
    @Master just standing there isn’t a good tactic at all hell its not even a tactic in general just standing there waiting or even hoping that a survivor is gonna come by? Same with hook camping like they say they do that so they use the hooked as bait but what if no one even shows and by the time the hooked survivor is dead they already have 2 gens left. Same with face camping and targeting HORRIBLE tactics also shows they are noobs at the game like the game isn’t about ya know get at least one kill then you good boo 😊😊 no you should be after them all not focusing on one person throughout the whole game. And lately they’ve been realizing that like sometimes we get campers but not as much as before and when they camp they almost always get 1 kill sometimes 2 if they lucky but I’ve been in matches where they didn’t camp at all they went far from the hook to get someone else and they still managed to kill all 4 of us so yes camping is low key the dumbest thing killers can do in dead by daylight 😂😂
  • chemical_reject
    Options
    @chemical_reject asking a question about removing something doesn’t make me a noob? and what does ps plus have anything to do with this if I want to I could go out to the store rn and buy the disc version but that wouldn’t be stupid asf why buy something when you can get it for free ?? and even if I didn’t buy the disc version I’d still have this question so ps plus has nothing to do with this I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a problem with the hatch grab. I mean finding the hatch is hard enough like one time I was at Autohaven Wreckers and the pig was the killer and everyone else died but we got 3 gens don’t i literally crouched through tha entire map looking for it for like 25 minutes straight WHILE injured and I kept seeing the pig but she never saw me. That’s what I’m saying like just being able to find the hatch that’s deserving of something like that’s so terrible doing all that work by yourself plus taking all that time sneaking around trying to find the damn thing just to be grabbed and hooked? In my opinion that’s not a fun game at all.
    No but getting triggered as quick as u did makes u seem like a noob. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@thekatedenson said:
    @Master just standing there isn’t a good tactic at all hell its not even a tactic in general just standing there waiting or even hoping that a survivor is gonna come by? Same with hook camping like they say they do that so they use the hooked as bait but what if no one even shows and by the time the hooked survivor is dead they already have 2 gens left. Same with face camping and targeting HORRIBLE tactics also shows they are noobs at the game like the game isn’t about ya know get at least one kill then you good boo 😊😊 no you should be after them all not focusing on one person throughout the whole game. And lately they’ve been realizing that like sometimes we get campers but not as much as before and when they camp they almost always get 1 kill sometimes 2 if they lucky but I’ve been in matches where they didn’t camp at all they went far from the hook to get someone else and they still managed to kill all 4 of us so yes camping is low key the dumbest thing killers can do in dead by daylight 😂😂

Will you give me an alternative or are you only shittalking about camping?
    All I hear is camping BOO BOO, but when I ask you what to do instead there comes nothing.

Explain to me, why should the killer NOT camp the hatch

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options
    Do more gens, you don’t deserve free escape. If they camp, the found it first. It’s tactical, not being a noob

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

@thekatedenson said:

Well, someones a little self entitled.
    I've hidden and watched the killer for a good 5 mins camping the hatch, they walk off eventually. Or....yeah, do a gen and the killer will go for it. Not that hard

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited September 2018
    Options
    "REEEEEE GIVE ME THE HATCH FOR FREE FKING BABY KILLER REEEEEEE"
    you don't deserve to survive if you don't complete all the gens.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Who cares?

The game isn't called "Survive by Daylight". Stop.

Gens finished must outweigh survivors alive by 1. It is a perfect method. For you to even see the hatch.

Being the last alive is perfect as it is the only way you should be able to get a hatch unless you have a key.

I'm in favor of the killer finding the hatch and being able to just shut it close. Period. That's it. And when he does... he sees your aura the entire time and you're f'd.

I know people would cry like crazy... so that would never happen. The killer needs to have a power role in the hatch game.

It has been survivor sided for 2 years. Stop.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    @Iceman I totally stole that GIF to send to the next person that sends me a text bitching about something lmao I can't WAIT to use it. 
    @chemical_reject Can't wait! I'm a nice guy, I would feel bad if I used it on someone but still would like to see it used on a salty survivor or killer to tell them.
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    @chemical_reject Can't wait! I'm a nice guy, I would feel bad if I used it on someone but still would like to see it used on a salty survivor or killer to tell them.
    @chemical_reject Lmaoooo 😂😂😂

@Nickenzie use it 😈
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@thekatedenson said:
    @Global there’s a huge different in entitlement and deserving. I said I deserve the hatch because I’m the one who opened it and I’m the one who found it. No one is entitled to a win or entitled for a kill but sometimes you deserve it like are you really saying rn that a hard working survivor doesn’t deserve to survive?? Like if you suck at the game then you deserve to be hooked like if someone sucks then the killer deserves to get that kill because they don’t deserve win because they did nothing the whole round. I remember v recently I was in Haddonfield against Freddy and I did 4/5 gens by myself and one other person got one but it was because it was in that tiny room where only one person could fit in it but anyways I got 4/5 all by myself while everyone else was off sleeping and being chase and being hooked and I was able to escape unscathed and I never slept once that’s deserving of an escape plus I think like one or two other ppl escaped with me now wouldn’t that suck if i got all the gens and opened the door plus rescued someone and everyone else escaped but me? I wasn’t entitled to that win but I did deserve it.

but using that logic the killer has spent the entire game and killed your entire team plus killer is more stressful then survivor and chasing survivors is a nightmare so shouldnt he also deserve a win

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    @chemical_reject ok. Good
    to know. Not helpful if you’re damaged but good to know
  • chemical_reject
    Options
    kone19 said:
    @chemical_reject ok. Good
    to know. Not helpful if you’re damaged but good to know
    How is it not helpful if ur "damaged" (injured is the word u were looking for) u can literally still jump in the hatch. If u get downed away from the hatch, u didn't deserve the escape. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@thekatedenson said:

Why would you hunt something that you know will come to you? Go do gens and put pressure on the killer to find you. Once the gates are powered then guarding the hatch becomes a risk.

It sucks your match was ruined by bad teammates but you can't also punish the Killer because your team did poorly. You as a survivor have the power in a hatch standoff, play the waiting game, do gens for pressure or bait a hit further from the hatch so the speed burst you get gets you back to the hatch first. Hell if they catch up too fast you can self heal on the hatch with NO consequence to go try again. Its the killer who can do nothing but hope you mess up/give up, THEY have no options.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Its a team game 1 v 4 and sadly you win or lose, more or less, as a team.