Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

When do you think DBD will reach its characters peak?

I'm talking about that day when you open the game and say: "Welp, that too much characters."

Comments

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

I like having loads of options, so I don't think I'll ever be like "no okay, too many." Also because not every character is interesting to me, so I won't necessarily try to get/level them all. I just wish it wasn't so grindy to level up the ones I do like.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

It's already too much having to regrind every perk on every character.

• Exiled1990
    Exiled1990 Member Posts: 18

I believe that the grind is way too high, and if there is some data to suggest that people return to the game based on an addictive grind aspect, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the core gameplay of Dead by Daylight.

I have the most fun when I have characters with all available perks and I can adjust my perk builds depending on what I feel like doing each game. So in respect to part of the question 'do I want to add 9-36 bloodwebs to every single character for some half assed perks that are mostly filler'? Absolutely fewking not. Do I like variety in killer power or appearances? Absolutely yes.

If the devs had the confidence in their own game to not rely on an addictive, boring element to keep people's attention, thereby letting it stand on its own two feet by game mechanics alone, then I would always be open to new things, but with the way the game forces you to grind and grind and grind some more, I am worn down by DLC releases, and now kind of dread them rather than look forward to them.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I think we're already past that mark.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

I mean, 27 survivors, I think we already reached a ridiculous amount of characters, not to mention the grinding for newer players, which inevitably discourages them to start playing the game.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

As much as I love new characters, Survivors are just reskins of each other and the perk grind is just stupid. New killers are always a boon to the game for more variety but again, too much grind. I find myself just remaining on survivors and killers who I already have perks unlocked for, rather than face spending 2m BP

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

I have over 600 hours on PS4 and I still don't have every teachable unlocked... not even close.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

It was 2 DLCs back. We don't need ANY new character, we need bug fixes and game balance ASAP.

• eli_03
    eli_03 Member Posts: 12

I agree with that there are a lot of characters I already have and I know I’m gonna have to grind them just so I can have at least one of there perks.

• eli_03
    eli_03 Member Posts: 12

I think there are a lot I would enjoy more but not too many I already have like 10 to grind on plus the killers