Why is this griefing & teaming allowed?

migaloo
migaloo Member Posts: 26
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

Constant teaming and griefing in public servers. I started taking screenshots today because I got tired of seeing it.

As you can see I am being revived by my 2 team mates while the killer sits there and waits to down me immediately. I can't control my character or do anything. I can only AFK or get banned for leaving.

On this one I am hiding and it's to the top left, you see the myers standing there staring at the downed survivor who is being revived by the other 2. This is my observing someone else being griefed. When they got tired of griefing that person, they looked for me to grief me too.

If I leave these games, I'm banned. If I AFK, I am breaking a rule. But I can't play the game normally, because I obviously can't 1v4 as a survivor. So I have to sit through this griefing until the timer runs down.

Why am I not allowed to leave these games when people obviously aren't playing properly, and even worse they are trying to ruin the game for other people?

I realize there is a report button, but obviously this behavior isn't punished otherwise I wouldn't run into it every day.

You could easily get an intern to sift through reports for free. I bet you could get thousands of applications from people in this forum that would do that for free. what excuse is there to allow this behavior?

Post edited by migaloo on

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    edited April 2020

First thing I'm going to do is ask you to remove self care. I used to use it every match but now I hate it with all my strength. Try and you will see why it's better not to depend on it, and you will instantly unlock a new perk slot.

And regarding to your discussion, if you don't want to farm, you are not forced to do it, you can ignore them, but if the teammates are leading the killer to you and you are trying to hide from him, yes, you can report them, and you're free to send additional videos and screenshots by the suport ticket page. You just can't get forced to do domething you don't want to do.

Sorry for making you lose your time with the first paragraph, it's just that I got allergic to self care so hard.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Are you on the EU servers?

I’ve had a lot of griefers too recently. That’s one of the reasons I quit playing until the ptb. They work with the killer, or just sandbag and fast vault to get you killed.

Glad (or should it be sad) that someone else is having the same problems. You aren’t allowed to leave yet the devs do nothing about it. You’re just expected to sit there and let them have their fun

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Farming itself is not bannable however specifically working with the killer to kill another survivor is a bannable offense.

What to do when it happens:

1) Record it and try to make it so all survivors can easily be identified separately. Recording them while they are injured, healed, downed etc. can be helpful to identify them easier.

2) open the menu so all survivors, their character models and their names are displayed in the video separately.

3) record the post game screen so the killer's name is displayed.

4) upload the clip on YouTube.

5) submit a ticket and copy the Youtube link to the video in the ticket. If the video is obvious enough they will get banned pretty quickly.

I've reported a group recently myself that did the same thing. They recorded themselves blocking me in a corner till their killer friend arrived to kill me. I used their own video to get them banned.

A few days after reporting them I checked their profiles and one of them took a screenshot of the "you got banned" message at the start menu. That's why I know they got banned.

Long story short: Submitting a ticket works wonders!

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

I've only once had a really bad experience where 3 SWFs trapped me in a corner and then made locker noises to attract the killer.

They had been keeping the killer busy in one area that had an infinite loop, as I had been doing the gens our team had 3 gens all together in that area.

Their idea I believe was to get me killed so that the hatch would spawn and they could use their key to escape.

The nicest thing they did was heal me as I had no way of healing myself... so they healed me to 99%.

I reported them but thankfully this bullying in numbers doesn't happen often

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

If you're talking about farming, then half of the playerbase would be banned during double bloodpoints at some point lol

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Try getting a screenshot and opening a ticket with Behaviour on this site. It helps a lot AND you get replies confirming that they're going to investigate, but also always report them in game.

I've gotten replies from moderators letting me know they're investigating.

• migaloo

I'm not EU. I'm in NA.

It's sad that many people don't even play the game, they just log in to grief people and that's their hobby in life.

Then they should be banned? They are intentionally joining public lobbies to ruin the game for people that paid to play the game properly. This is not farming, this is griefing & harassment. If they want to be dumb & infinite revive someone, they can make a custom game do it there with just themselves and not ruin the game for random players.

• migaloo

Well I've reported in game. They have everything they need there to take action.

Mind you one of the most popular games in the world right now have staff that manually ban people for teaming based on in-game reports. If PUBG can manage to regularly issue bans with just their server side data and tens of thousands more players & reports, then the DBD staff have no excuse except laziness.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I used to run self care religiously, and became dependent on it, so I took it off. I run inner strength now with detectives hunch and iron will. I try to rely on skill, and stay injured as long as possible, but I'm locker ready just in case.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
    edited April 2020

Little hint with the forced healing part, if you hold down shift no survivors can interact with you (mending, healing, waking up, snapping out of it, etc). If you get downed and they try heal you to farm just hold down shift till you bleed out.

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395

What can you push on nintendo switch?

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Whatever the sprint button is, the one you hold down to run. That should stop people from interacting with you.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Things like that don't often happen to me, but have happened like 3 times, I think. What I do is press the button so they can't heal me, so they don't get points, I don't get up and the killer can't down me again. It is not a real solution, you still can't do anything and if you quit, you lose the points you have and get a penalty, so you either bleed out or suicide as soon as you hit the hook. It's not great, but at least they don't get more points either.

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 82

This is something I will never understand. If you are too lazy or afraid to lose to earn bloodpoints fairly, please find a new game. We as a community have the power to shape and define the state of the game, and frankly I fear at least 70 percent of its playerbase can't handle that.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    edited April 2020

Reporting players does nothing. Even going through reporting them directly to customer service does nothing. You will just have to suck it up or be banned. Massive abuses are unfortunately allowed on this game, which is why they happen so frequently to people who try to report them but are ignored.

You will need to record every game you play to catch an abuser and you will need to file multiple reports since not every time customer service will read your report and will just give you a copy pasta as response like this

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Farming should not be bannable. If you don't want to farm and the killer is intentionally not killing you then you're free to do whatever you'd like in the game, and that includes rushing through the gens and opening the gate to get out ASAP if you'd like. People definitely should not be banned for farming if they're not completely holding a player hostage. To equate something like farming where somebody is trying to be nice, to griefing, is frankly just ridiculous.

And yes, as somebody else said, you can hold shift to prevent anybody from interacting with you. So you aren't actually trapped with the ability to do nothing, although I'll still have to say it's annoying when you get people intentionally trying to ruin your game either way.

Just as long as that's what they're intentionally trying to do.

• migaloo
    edited April 2020

Are you really having a hard time understanding this problem?

Griefing innocent players is not farming, it's griefing. You are not "free to do whatever you'd like in the game". How can the player do as they like when they are being held hostage by the other players?

What do you think farming is? It's not a game mechanic. It's not part of the core gameplay loop. You're farming for... what? If you aren't even playing the game normally, then you don't really need to farm anything do you? It's purely griefing, plain and simple. If not, then you can do it in a private lobby with your friends so it doesn't effect random people.

I feel like this problem has been explained multiple times (with pictures for the illiterate here) in a simple enough manner. If you can't understand it, then you are beyond help.

• migaloo
    edited April 2020

Griefing is not a core gameplay mechanic. Teaming with the killer to grief other players is not farming, it's griefing. The other player is not "free to do whatever" they'd like when they are being held hostage by the other players.

What do you think farming is? It's not an intended gameplay mechanic; it's not a part of the core gameplay loop. If you aren't playing the game normally, then you certainly don't need bloodpoints anyway do you? If you want to ignore the entire point of the game by "farming", then do it in a private lobby without effecting random people.

I feel like this has been explained (with pictures for the illiterate here) in a simple enough manner multiple times. If you can't understand at this point, then you can't be helped.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

It's hilarious how you patronizingly suggest that I can't understand a point when it's you not understanding. You're equating people messing around and not playing seriously to "griefing." I can't tell if you think farming is griefing or if you're just not understanding the point of what I said entirely.

You responded to somebody saying that if you're talking about farming then half of people would be banned on double BP events (because everyone farms) by saying "Then they should be banned? They are intentionally joining public lobbies to ruin the game for people that paid to play the game properly." Just because people aren't playing the game "properly" doesn't mean they're griefing. Everybody has a different idea of what the "proper" way to play the game is, and if it really really matters to you that there's an objective right/wrong, then the DEVS' opinion of farming is that it's fine. So feel about it how you want, but farming is not griefing.

As I said earlier I don't know if you just misunderstood the point of what I'm saying, but I'll reiterate with different wording. I don't feel like you getting literally griefed by your team mates just repeat unhooking/slugging you with the killer is fine. I'm not talking about that when I say farming. What I'm saying is people should not be punished for working with the other side/intentionally not playing the game "correctly" to maximize their bloodpoints. The whole point of doing this is to ease the pain of having to accrue bloodpoints by letting people maximize what they're getting per game. So because of this, your whole "do it in a private lobby without effecting random people" is just downright stupid if you have any idea of how DbD works. You don't get BP in a custom game and everything's unlocked.

Nobody is being held hostage by people simply just letting the killer hook them and the killer simply just letting the survivors go after getting their 2 hooks per, and everybody is chill with it. Everyone can practically leave whenever they want in a situation like that. Don't try to twist what I'm saying into "trolling another person by not letting them play is fine." That's simply not what I'm saying, and if you keep trying to just reduce it down to that then I have no reason to reply to you any further, as it will just show that you have no real desire to discuss anything and you just want to argue with people for the sake of arguing.

It's like you didn't even bother to read what I said in my post.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

make a video, report them ingame and send your video evidence here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

DEVS have stated FARMING is not a banable offense! HOWEVER forcing someone to participate is. can this player hold shift and not let them heal him/her? sure... is that what it'll come down to holding shift to stop people healing but doesn't stop a killer from picking you up and dropping you then downing you when you try to leave (<<< happened to me). Record the match, report them, make sure behavior can see the video (youtube, google drive etc) then make sure to submit the ticket from the support section of the game (you will need steam ID64 of the offenders and this form is also a "TICKET")

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
  • migaloo

Going into a public match and ruining the game for other people is griefing. Yes I will call you out if you try to excuse this behavior in some pathetic way as "farming" or anything other than what it is.

There's zero excuse to ruin the game for random people. Do it in a private custom match with your friends.

• doodledot
    doodledot Member Posts: 70

Ah yes, COMPLAIN on the forums instead of reporting them. This is not allowed and they will get banned if they continue this. You act like they won't. I swear these kids on these forums man

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Hang on how do you know ghostface is going to down u again. He could be stalking the healers in order to down them. This is just a thought I aren't sure how the match went in the end. All I know is that when I play myers or ghost face I often stand and get free stalls if I see people getting healed. Because In my opinion it's there fault if they stand there and let me stalk them instead of moving.

• Mr_Slayer
    Mr_Slayer Member Posts: 3

That's some serious bs. This is why I main Killer, because I don't want to be trolled by the people I rely on to survive.

• HerbieHind
    HerbieHind Member Posts: 28

Intentionally ruining the game (like being held hostage in the situation you described in your original post) is GRIEFING.

Survivors cooperating with the killer intentionally (without causing harm to other survivors) to boost Bloodpoint gains is FARMING.

@Huff wasn't defending or excusing GRIEFING. He was explaining the difference.

Hope this clarifies things!

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113

Here's a tip, if you're down and don't want to get picked up. Hold the sprint button. They can't heal you if you do. Secondly teaming and such in my opinion is fine it's no different than letting the last person escape. (You're only mad when it's not you that's given freedom).

But if they intentionally try and bully you, yeah you can report them. You can do what ever ya like. Survivors can counter other survivors. If you can't br healed the killer will just kill you or the other survivors.

Like as a killer should I be banned for knowing that the dude I never saw the entire game and he never worked on a gen. Giving the dude hatch and getting him to tell me where the dude sitting in the corner and walking around the entire game is at, who some how made it to the last 2 gens and died with only 2k points earned. No I teamed because I know damn well the dude I downed earned the hatch not the rank 4 who hid the entire game waiting for hatch to spawn not even helping his team.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

*Head Smack* they are NOT saying its OK to go into a game and try and force someone who doesn't want to farm to farm or just use them to get pets and kill them like what happened to you. Farming is NOT bannable and the devil have said this, what are you not understanding about that? Its stupid to go into a custom lobby to do because you don't get any bps when you do so of course they will do it in public matches. Most of the time, its the killer asking the survivors if they want to farm to get more bps. Sometimes its nice just to have a game where both sides work together instead of being try hard a holes.

Its wrong to use someone who doesn't want to farm to get bps and force them to stay in a game they don't want. I've also had games where I wasn't asked to farm but I was used for the others to get their pts off of. I wish then we could just kill ourself 1st hook easier because I had them standing right below me to unhook immediately before I could suicide. That is bannable. Please learn the difference in friendly farming and actual griefing. What happened to you is griefing but not everyone farming is trying to ruin the game.

• migaloo

I didn't make a post about farming. The headsmack moment is when you people keep bringing it up in an attempt to downplay the behavior of blatant griefers.

This isn't farming, this is griefing. If people want to "farm" or otherwise waste time not playing the game, they can do it in a private lobby.

If they don't get BPs in a private lobby for farming, that's probably because the game isn't intended to be played that way. Again, if not playing the game properly, they don't really need BP at all do they? What is the point of getting BP if you're not playing the game to begin with?

Doesn't matter if it's not a banned behavior, it's still ruining the game for other people AKA griefing. The devs also don't ban cheaters but that doesn't mean it's OK to do it.

• nicnc82

Its Not banable to play in a public lobby to help each side to farm blood points and won't be. So I don't know what else to tell you. They do NOT have to go to a private lobby. You can upload the video to the devs and have those people banned. But other farming will not get people banned unless its intentional griefing like your case.

• nicnc82

They have said its OK to farm points. As long as its not griefing. Just like when entitled killers wanna claim chat comms is cheating. By the devs rules it is not. People can have opinions on things but the devs make the rules not the players.

• migaloo

It's not farming, it's griefing. Griefing is not farming. Farming in video games doesn't effect other people negatively. Griefing does. Griefing & teaming shouldn't be allowed when it's ruining the game for other people.

Again, you can go into a private lobby and do it. You don't get BPs because they don't want people abusing game mechanics for easy BPs (GASP!). If they aren't playing the game properly, they don't need BPs anyway.