With all this talk about pallet reduction, what's going to happen when....

Options
yobuddd
yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

....I, as a casual solo player, throw one to avoid a hit?

If I'm paired up with a tryhard team, are they going to throw the game just to grief me and then harass me later?

What happens if I throw 2 of them, just to avoid taking my first hit? 😰 What if I throw the shack pallet?!?! 😱

Comments

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

If it's to stop the first hit, then you've likely screwed your team over, and all will proceed according to plan. You get hooked.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

They'll throw the game and report you for sand bagging most likely. Solor survivor is beyond dead after these change go through. SWF will be the standard unless you want to lose your sanity.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

If you need to throw a pallet, throw a pallet. Don't camp pallets and everyone's grand. And if someone sandbags you for 'wasting' a good pallet, guess what? It was going to happen any way, toxic people always have an excuse to be toxic. I had a whole team sandbag me because I messed up a flashlight save. Another because I was killer in their last game. I certainly know my looping skills are going to have to improve, so I'm also going to be getting more post-game salt from my 'teammates'. Bonus points if they're running full meta builds.

• yobuddd
    Options

Ahh, good to know. I'm on PS4 and have no access to the PTB, therefore no first-hand experience. All I know is what's been griped about on the forums. I guess I missed the comment from Peanits. Thank you

• yobuddd
    Options

This reminds me, what is that actual definition of sand-bagging? I thought it was pulling someone off the hook in front of the killer. So many terms get thrown around in various different ways, we actually need a pinned page explaining what everything means (especially for newer members.) Sandbag, BM, M1, Camping, Face-Camping, Proxy-Camping, Tunneling, Juking, TeaBagging, Basement Bubba, Lobby-Dodging, P3, etc. So many things that newbies will have no idea about.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

As a rule of thumb, if i see someone waste a pallet, i only save them if i need points

if running circles around a plank is hard, idk what to tell you

• OtakuBurrito
    Options

From people watching major streamers and major streamers constantly stating there's only x amount of pallets. From what I've seen gas haven usually only has 7-9 along with one of the cold wind farm maps consistently. People have constantly had this happen so idk if it was a bug or tiles for reduced but pallet spawns weren't moved to compensate for it. But I have seen Puppers complain about it quite frequently and just flat out leave games either out of frustration or just not wanting to deal with dead zones.

I haven't experienced these things first hand so my info is secondary from what I've observed.

• OtakuBurrito
    Options

Sandbagging basically means putting your teammate in a compromising position because you weren't thinking. So things like: body blocking, ratting them out to the killer, making noise, slamming down pallets so another person is trapped, etc all count as sandbagging.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I mean less pallets affect swf survivors just as much as solo survivor, except that survivors can kinda tell each other where pallets are left, but even then.

I think the problem for solo survivors is that survivors of different skill levels are matched together, and some people just waste pallets, but that's not a balance issue but a matchmaking and rank issue.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    edited April 2020
    Options

If you're on steam you can look into 'family share'. Its an effective tool to manage your d/c penalties if you get into bad games you want to leave.

• OtakuBurrito
    Options

No because I watch Twitch in my Ps4 and you can't clip there. It was maybe 2 days ago when we was testing all the cosmetics for DBD but literally the entire time he was constantly leaving games out of frustration saying he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Honestly I wouldn't have seen it if someone hadn't raided him. I just prefer smaller streamers when I'm watching twitch and the only reason I stuck around through the complaints was because I needed background noise while I cleaned.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

That's concerning. Puppers is one of the streamers who just plays for fun and never takes the game very serious

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options

i think the map distribution is bugged and put all the pallet on one side, they need to look it up beceause as much as i am a killer main i don't want survivor to know the suffering of wanting to quit the game due to it's unfairness. it need to stop right now and be worked on so we can have no dead zone and at least 2 pallet by zone of the map

• OtakuBurrito
    Options

I came in around the 4 hour mark. I just checked after 4 hours he either constantly suicides on hook or d/c's from the game outright. He even force quits DBD via task manager (you see the icon on the taskbar) when he gets a mori (4:39:30). I personally am not a fan of his style of content but he seems like a chill dude but I guess he just wasn't feeling PTB that day at all.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/585838235

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

I only watched his youtube content, he was always so chill in the videos. Doesn't matter what killer, if he died, got sandbagged, moried.. He always laughed and shrugged it off. Seems like the PTB is worse than I thought (haven't tried it out myself)

• ad19970
    edited April 2020
    Options

But he has only one stream video up on his twitch channel where he is playing ptb and what you describe doesn't happen.

Don't livestreams on twitch always get uploaded after that?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see your posts after that.

• OtakuBurrito
    Options

Had you bothered to scroll down I already posted the vod. 4 hour mark he starts hook suiciding/d/c'ing. At 4:39:30 he literally force closes DBD via task manager because he doesn't want to play versus a mori. What are you even talking about it's literally right there. He calls the matches boring after he gets on the reworked maps and either hook suicides or d/c's. There's so many dead zones on those maps and the pallets even seem to spawn on one side which he comments on in several games. Clearly he is not happy with the changes if you burn a map offering to get the maps and then leave because of "sweaty killer" who isn't even sweating most of the time. (Shut up I'm a survivor main) It's literally all in his face and it gets worse and the stream continues, he's so done with PTB and it's written all over his face and mannerisms.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/585838235

• ad19970
    Options

Ok here's my confusion though. I don't see him once rage quit because of maps not having any pallets. That seems to be just false information. He just dc's because the games are boring or the killer is playing sweaty like crazy.

Only a few times he expresses his concerns about the resized maps with the reduced tiles. But all he says is he doesn't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Obviously because he hasn't seen to much of those maps yet. He even praises the changes to the god loops and argues that the window loop at Ironworks has become even stronger.

So I'm not sure where you are getting the idea of him quitting because there are too little pallets on the maps for survivors to work with now.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

In most cases, if it's the first hit you are better off taking the hit than using the pallet. It depends on the situation of course, but I avoid dropping pallets when healthy unless I feel like I need to or it's a point in the game where I can afford to use it.

• OtakuBurrito
    Options

So someone quitting several games/suiciding repeatedly on the premise of being boring right after they get run down in a dead zone is them leaving the game because it's boring. That's like someone trying saying they were trying to unhook themselves in front of an insidious face camping Bubba for a chance at 4% so they don't get reported. We all know you're trying to suicide on hook and you got unlucky with the 4%.

I don't watch Puppers at all and I only watched him because he got raided and I needed background noise. From what everyone says he doesn't rage quit games, he plays them out no mater how bad, and he's super chill, and even laughs genuinely at face camping. So why does he suddenly feel the need to hook suicide, d/c, force crash DBD, and put him team in bad situations by waiting to kill himself on hook when they're LITERALLY right there. Those are things survivors do when they're fed up and pissed at DBD. He might not outwardly say it but EVERY survivor main knows when someone is done and fed up and the ######### they do.

In one game you can't convience me he didn't know deliverance didn't proc and him running face first into the killer was just him not realizing it didn't proc. Not with that reaction. You can't convience me he didnt know it only worked with safe unhooks. His reaction doesn't match it at all. He's soft throwing and trying to look potato enough so people don't get on his ass. He has what like 4K hours in the game and doesn't know what each perk does? No ######### way. Anytime a a perk doesn't work an intended and he's genuinely suprised he does what any other person does and yells "what?!" or sighs and says "glad to see that's still a thing x amount of time later". Even with dedicated hits he calls them and says "I'm getting dedicated". Everything he does is NORMAL red rank survivor behavior.

So you're not about to sit up here and tell me this man was not fed up because he didn't say anything but his actions were loud asf.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Puppets was hook suiciding mostly from getting hit from miles away from what I saw, not because of map changes.

• ad19970
    Options

Well as I said in my other respond, he doesn't once rage quit because of the map changes, but because of boring matches or killers that are sweating real hard, which he doesn't see any reason to deal with since it's a ptb and dc penalties are turned off. It has nothing to do with maps. Not once does he come into a situation where he doesn't find any pallets whatsoever and quits because of that.

You are just using his rage quits to argue that maps are useless now by claiming that he rage quits because of the map changes.

• ad19970
    Options

I'm not even quite sure what you are talking about in your second big paragraph. But please do show me where in the stream he goes down due to deadzones and rage quits because of that.

Again, this is ptb, he dc's because of boring matches and sweaty killers, because it's just ptb.

• OtakuBurrito
    Options

When did I say maps were useless. All I said was it seems from watching streamers pallets are spawning more towards one side and making huge dead zones and this may be due to tiles being removed but pallets not being moved to accommodate. I don't give a ######### about map changes because when the new patch hits is when most of my spring collection games hit and I needed a game to fill the 3 month gap from December. I already left DBD for animal crossing but I still enojy watching streamers. That's it. With Puppers I don't watch the guy enough to know how he actually acts on a regular but as a SURVIVOR MAIN IN RED RANKS I know how SURVIVORS act when they are irritated with a game. That's all I have to say on that. You believe whatever you want.

I'm not advocating for ######### concerning maps just giving my input based on the actions of what I've seen others do on the PTB. TO ME it seems like this person was leaving games due to dead zones after being run through those zones because it's real sus to sit in a locker after being run though a dead zone and d/c long after chase is over. But you believe what you want. I'm done with this conversation either way.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

@OtakuBurrito I'm watching now and he specifically says he's quitting bc he's not interested in sweaty/boring matches on the ptb. He hasn't said much about map sizes/dead zones and complained that some windows are still too strong like ironworks/cowshed.

• ad19970
    Options
  • ad19970
    Options

Good for you. I'm just saying there is no real reason to believe that he is quitting because of map changes like you made others believe. And I was confused how you came to that conclusion.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Options

Translation:

Argument from authority (Ironically his own), followed by "That's just my opinion man", followed by "I'm taking my ball and going home!"

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

In my survivor main dictionary it says;

Boring = The Killer is skilled and doesn't fall for mindgames or 360's which doesn't make for good YT content.

Sweaty = The Killer is playing with the intention of Sacrificing all 4 survivors.

• CaptainCastle
    Options
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options
  • Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

Uhh he is definitely complaining about the maps. He says "the map size reductions are drastic, legion got a massive buff"

Sweaty / boring means the killer refuses to leave the hook and is abusing how incredibly easy it is to camp with free damage killers / one shot killers against solo Q in DBD. You don't have BT / DS on? Go F yourself. Even if you do, you are probably just trading. Could also mean 1 hook mori's or any number of busted killer builds.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

not a tryharder here, but I only start trowing pallets once I'm on death hook. you should start learning to play survivor instead of trying to be funny hehe

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

I don't know if you realized, or just joking, but absolutely no doubt there are less pallets, we did some test for hours and results were clear, aprox 40% less pallets on farm maps than previous versions. We encountered maps with 5 pallets, or maps with one single pallet on a half of a map, only hills and harvesters... it was insane.

Please, check your patch, because some maps are barely playable.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

pls tell me the update is coming tuesday so i can enjoy killer more lol

• CaptainCastle
    Options

Do you have your test data? It would probably help the bug report.