Ranks always feel inaccurate...

Gnarly
Gnarly Member Posts: 429

I can 4K a survivor group quick and efficient and get Brutal Killer. I can do nothing wrong and Depip against a SWF. I go against a AFK Killer I can depip.

Why does rank feel more like a result of who've I've played more than how good I am. Everyone essentially has technically been boosted.

Comments

• FlintBeastgood
    FlintBeastgood Member Posts: 97
    edited April 2020

Rank is only really a measure of BP gain, meaning consistently lucky players will also have good ranks.

The only way I can see of having a meaningful ranking system here is for survivors to be based off escapes and killers off kills, but AFK is still gonna be a problem (we really need an auto-kick feature for killers that don't move within the first two minutes of a trial).

It would need (x) placement matches to determine rank and then league brackets of varying skill level (eg. noob/adv/pro/elite).

But that would likely turn the game on it's head in terms of gameplay (much like the events I have taken part in), so would need separate queues for casual and ranked trials. That all seems too much tbh.

• Gnarly
    Gnarly Member Posts: 429

I do agree. On some level, but People who escape by hatch because they hide. Or anyone who juat dosen't contribute would still rank up. Plus SWF should be shown to the killer, Establish who are the SWF, so the killer can prepare for a worse experience than they deserve. I depip so undeservingly