Help, I’m addicted to Bond/kindred

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

So I have been playing with one of these perks for a few months now and when I try to remove them I really feel the lack of info.

When I use bond I feel confident without a medkit because I’ll be able to find a teammate.

When I run Kindred I know I do not waste time going for saves when someone else is headed there already so I can stay on gen.

Any suggestions for learning to go without?

Comments

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Spine chill, then you don't care what your team is doing. Iron will, so you don't care you are injured. As well as it being one of the best chase perks in the game for survivors. Left behind, so if everyone dies, you still have your own way out.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

Hello, addict. I'm an addict, too. But in my case it's Spine Chill. We are very used to these perks, but we can get rid of this habit again. I guess we just need to play without these perks for a while.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

I mean simply play without them? I don't see why you would though, kindred is probably the best solo survivor perk.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Not sure you need to learn to play without them. If you want to learn, simply just take other perks. I like to take perks that help in a lot of situations personally, so I enjoy things like Resilience and Bond and whatnot, and tend to avoid things like Adrenaline.

Thing is with Bond, I play solo survivor. So if you're like me and you play solo a lot, then this kind of perk is probably well suited for you and you shouldn't even be taking it off. If you really feel like it's not that great though, then simply switch off to a perk that you feel would help you play the way you like better.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Just embrace the addiction! I run at least one of these perks about 90% of the time myself, and when I take them off I end up dying way more often so I figure they’re worth the slot.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Dude as a solo survivor those perks are amazing. The only reason you should play without them is if you are doing specific builds or you want an extra challenge.

Kindred, Bond, Spine Chill and Iron Will is probably my favorite build. Sometimes I swap SC or IW for Open Handed.

• DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74

I made a thread about Kindred addiction a week or so back and it got a good response. I even went so far to say it's the only S-Tier survivor perk. I really think Kindred should, nay, must, be embraced by solos like us. Its just that good.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

100% agreed. I think the buff the devs gave the perk was amazing - the info it gives you as a solo survivor is invaluable. Definitely one of my favourite changes they’ve made in the last... forever, haha.

• johnmwarner

That’s another go to, I swear when I take it off I instantly get Wraith the next game who uses silent bell and gets me around a blind corner

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I just tried these on the PTB again, also because of the challenge. And I can't get addicted to watching how hardcore inefficient teams can be X-0

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Kindred + We're Gonna Live Forever

Making farming BP pretty easy.

• FlintBeastgood
    FlintBeastgood Member Posts: 97
    edited April 2020

Yeah, since I came back and saw the change to Kindred I was pretty impressed to say the least. A lot of perks and mechanics have changed since I last played (Dec 2018) so there's a lot to get used to.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I run with: Kindered, Lithe, SC, and We'll make it

I sometime replace WMI with BT...

I don't have every perk for survivor but found these work for me (for the most part)

• johnmwarner

That’s the scary thing, without them you can be blissfully ignorant of why you someone did the only 3 gens so far, AND made an Unhook, AND did a decently long chase... with them you realize player two was hiding behind a tree while you got chased and player three is in the basement locker

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I also run Bond as much as possible. I might eventually switch it out for Kindred, but I don't see any good reason to get rid of it. I prefer aura perks over exhaustion perks.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

When I used to play solo survivor my go to perk was always spine chill, I just loved it

• johnmwarner

Right now I’m fitting them together my usual build is Bond/kindred... spine chill... an exhaustion perk... then either DS or detectives hunch

• bkillerc
    bkillerc Member Posts: 142

One of my fav builds: The information/awareness build

(pick any, but listed in order of preference)

(1 of these): spine chill, premonition

(1 or 2 of these, but not empathy and bond together): bond, kindred, empathy,

open handed (Very strong with kindred on solo)

honorary mentions: alert, aftercare