Let's talk about the red mori

Options

Hey everyone.

I wanna talk about the red mori and I ask everyone to stay polite and calm. This is not bashing, this is supposed to be a civilised discussion.

Soo.. recently the insta heals (both, the red and the purple one) got changed. One of the reasons was "We [the Devs] don't like things that change the trial drastically" (e.g. a downed survivor who kept the killer occupied for 5 mins gets back to full life and ruins the killer's game experience).

I fully understand that this was necessary (though I don't like that change) but I am wondering upon what grounds the red mori stays at it is. When you speak of things that change a trial drastically the red mori should be the first one that comes to mind.

In some hands, that mori is just unfair. A (bad) killer who barely got one survivor on a hook (we are talking about average survivors, not the coordinated pro swf's) and who really doesn't deserve a 4k can get one with that offering easily.

I often hear the suggestion that the red mori (the yellow and green ones don't need to be changed) should be changed, so that the killer has to hook everyone at least once before he can start killing the survivors. This change could increase the use rate of the green mori, too. If I just wanna do my daily, I would just take the green one.

I play killer reguarly and if I take the red mori because I have that daily, I always try to hook everyone twice, so that they still had fun and I get more bloodpoints (as long as they don't annoy me or are about to escape).

Yes, I am a survivor main, but I'm interested in other opinions about this.

Comments

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

I don't see how a killer that can barely get one survivor on a hook is going to be able to get a 4k with an ebony mori..... I don't mind things as they are, I would just make them less common in the bloodwebs. I get way more of the ebony mori's than the other two. Make the ebonies actually be ultra rare instead of common and I would be happy.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Make it so that you can kill only if you have hooked every single survivor at least once.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

mori's should be semi difficult to use the ebony mori is possibly the most braindead thing in this game

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

@avilmask You still see the icons, who is injured, if you chase the obsession and other stuff. And if someone is preferring to approach to death hook than granting the mori, would it be so bad?

I think the condition would be fine. In an older thread we had the idea of that condition as well. We just 'reworked' moris completely to say a single mori is killer basekit after every survivor got hooked. And the moris add +1/+2/+3 to it. But currently the stats show killers are all above 2k on average, so a basekit mori would probably not be much appreciated. Survivor mains would yell about that in any way I guess :)

• kcwolf1975
    Options

I agree hooking everyone once would be a bad idea, but 4 hooks would be bad too. With that scenario two survivors could end up getting mori'd without even being hooked once.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

Except when you're plague, except when survivors don't heal (hello, 4 man adrenaline), except when you don't camp and don't see people getting unhooked and healed.

• Stagnance
    Stagnance Member Posts: 11
    Options

I'm a killer main on PS4. I don't really find the red mori enjoyable to use. I tend to only use it the for the same reasons you mentioned, if I have a kill by hand daily. Depending on how the match is going I may use it early to secure it (if gens are being done like crazy), otherwise I typically play the match out as if I don't have a mori.

It's incredibly boring to use as a killer and face as a survivor group (just my opinion).

• Deadeye
    edited November 2019
    Options

@avilmask Except survivors running different items, except stalking single targets with ghost face, except people cleansing or catching them while healing with nurses. Shall we battle? This is all conditional. I'm not saying it will never happen, just in the majority of games it is not that hard to determine in game who is on death hook and who I have not found yet. If you play with obsession perks like STBFL or PWYF you get used to it

• avilmask
    Options

In majoirty of games people don't feel obligated to immerse and use identical skins, because there's no real reason to do so.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,285
    Options

Shouldn't be what it currently is, no offering should have such an impact on the match.

Same goes for map offerings and arguably even the ones that mess with hook distribution (can't remember if they stack to be fair)

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I suggested before that they should make Ebony Mori require all 4 survivors to be hooked at least once before you can use it.

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 217
    Options

FD full time for all items and chest, till a better perk comes out.

the issue is that Mori is only @ play when survivors are caught and hooked, with all the survivor buffs normal non sweaty killers arent 4k'ing nor are the getting survivors to Mori them in the 1st place.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Especially since the pink Mori is more common than the green Mori (on all of my Killers I have way more pink Moris then Green Moris...), the pink Mori should be changed.

Either by every Survivor being hooked once OR after a certain number of Hooks overall (4 Hooks maybe)... So if the Killer got 4 Hooks in total, he can start using the Mori. This would at least avoid games being lost on the Survivor Side when the Killer tunnels and moris someone basically instantly, making it a early 3v1, which should result in an ez win for the Killer.

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

Moris are a proof that proves how unbalanced this game is. Just a offering that transform a (ideal) 12 hooks match into a 4 hook match and mori, even without talk about how this f..... offering encourages killers to camp and tunnel and make a match unfun.

Devs, please, fix the true problem of this game, the game time, and you'll see how all the others problems will fix like magic...

• Deadeye
    Options

So your guess is, if the 4 hook condition comes to play, we will have an incredibly raised number of same skinned survivor groups confusing the killer in fear of a mori offering?

• Deadeye
    Options

@avilmask Would that not be what the majority of survivors ask for on every killer power: counter play? Still not sure what makes you call it a "dumb idea". Maybe your opinion, but you formulate it insulting. Just to mention it. Don't wanna go to a duel with this.

• avilmask
    Options

Justification of doing nothing maybe a coutner play. Using cosmetics to counter ultra-rare add-on - yes, this silly.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528
    Options

Just change it so you have to 2 hook a survivor before killing them.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    Options

I don't think moris and keys are comparable because I think we all know that moris beat anything a surivior can throw at a killer. Then again it would make sense to have both of them nerf.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    Options

Yeahhh, a rework is basically a nerf. Just ask Legion :D

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Freddy says otherwise.

But in this case it would be justified.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    Options

If a killer is 4k with a red mori, The ONLY WAY he is pipping is if he waits out the kills. If he kills all 4 people after the first hook or sits and camp till he can kill them then he will barely scrape a black pip if that much at all.

Just like instantly using a key after a 2min window. It is a scrape of a black pip. No one is out there wasting keys/moris like this. At least with the key you get to keep it(escape/black hand) with the mori its gone for good.

There is nothing wrong with ebony mori.

There is nothing wrong with keys.

Just people upset things didnt go their way.

• Shindu
    Shindu Member Posts: 89
    Options

How much times do you see killers with mori? I'm very rarely and this offering rather for fun, not for serious game. When killer tired by tryharding, for example, and take memento to calm lite match, or for daily quests, or even if he see toxic SWF in lobby and decide to beautiful dismember them)

I have too many red mori, but don't use them, cause it's boring.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

Are you guys colorblind? When did they become red

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options
  • silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

Except you have a really strong game... kill one survivor and everyone else is death hook. You have a three gen going on and are pressuring them hard and then they all escape for free with a key..

Mori's and keys are both very powerful.. they need touched a bit. For instance both purple and red key shouldn't open hatch only red key. Give purple extra seconds of use or something. Also they should be much harder to find. I found 3 in one game with pluderers....

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Get rid of all keys and moris. That's my opinion.

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236
    Options

I think mori offerings should be removed but the yellow one should be built in and keys should only open hatch if the killer has closed it before hand.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745
    Options

the balance change I have in mind for the Moris is that moris stay the same across the board BUT to use a mori you need to hook every survivor at least 1 time

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Ebony Moris should get changed. So should keys. They do basically the same thing, shorten the objective drastically. I don't got that big problem with instas.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

I came here to make war. Now fight

• kcwolf1975
    Options

All fear the ruby mori !!!

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212
    Options

Nuh mori does not need to be changed, there is no benefits to mori, the killer is only depriving themselves of bloodpoint by bringing in a mori, it's used more nowadays for dailies/quest/showcasing of mori then actual being used for getting kills.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83
    Options

I wouldn't change them.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,324
    Options

In my opinion, after having insta heals nerfed, they still need to nerf Mori's, keys, and certain killer addons that are still too strong. Like Iridiscent Head. Luckily, Prayer Beads is being nerfed in the upcoming patch.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Since they said that they didn't want to have anything in the game which changes the outcome of the trials drastically, I'm about 95% confident that they're already working on changes to the Ebony Mori.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

You don't pip from a red Mori, it's unfun yes but so are alot of things in this game that are being kept anyway.

If it gave easy pips then yeah it would need to be looked at but currently it's fine.

• Hex_ToasterBath
    Hex_ToasterBath Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2019
    Options

What if the Red Mori activated when all the generators are complete? Basically if you hooked them before, during, or after the generators are completed then you could mori them. Now I know this might make the mori challenge harder, but let's be honest, it's better that because in the current situation, if survivors ######### enough it'll get removed. But for real, it would give good survivors a chance to actually escape from zed bad killer who didn't deserve the kill. I play more survivor than killer but still consider myself a killer main, so I think this would be a nice compromise, plus, it would discourage tunneling and camping. @DarkBarbarian

• LieutenantRaage
    LieutenantRaage Member Posts: 21
    Options

Here are my thoughts on the matter. My go to for keys would be not to mess with them. But if you DID, I would make it so keys could only open hatches that the killer had kicked shut as part of the collapse. For moris, I've had an idea for how they could be used to help patch an issue with killers.

While I don't think they're worthless, I find hex perks too swingy. I've gone matches where they've never been found, and I've had matches where they get deleted immediately and I'm down a perk due to random chance. My idea is this: when a hex totem is cleansed (with the exception of haunted ground) the killer gains the ability to kill the survivor who did it by their own hand, following the current hook rules. This does not inform the killer who the survivor is in any way until the kill prompt comes up. Ebony moris are then changed to allow killing of 3 survivors following the current rules. This way, a four kill is only achieved by bringing four hex perks and getting all four cleansed by all four survivors, or by bringing a combination of hexes and moris.

As an addendum, I think it would be good for the health of the game to make all offerings with the exception of blood point offerings secret. If nothing else, do this for me, devs.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Yes that would be the exception to the rule. It just doesn't seem to happen all that often. I have had maybe one game when more than two survivors escaped through the hatch.

• DGregster
    DGregster Member Posts: 1
    Options

I see where you are coming from and where a lot of other people are coming from...maybe a combination of ideas wouldn’t be bad. Someone mentioned the idea of having yellow moris built into the game. Although this would definitely be fun as a killer, it wouldn’t be fun on the surviving end because there have been so many games with clutch plays with borrowed time or MoM where it can make the difference between a team being able to save their teammate where with a yellow mori that would decently counter any clutch plays at the end of a game. I think your comment about only allowing ebony keys to escape from a hatch could be onto something. Someone else mentioned maybe making keys only available if the killer closes the hatch? What if red keys can be used to escape a hatch before and a purple only if your the last survivor or if the killer has already closed the hatch? Lemme know your thoughts on that guys.

Ebony moris on the other hand are very common in the bloodweb and completely change the outcome of a game before it ever gets the chance to start. Some of you suggested that maybe an ebony mori should only be available after hooking every survivor and some of you suggested that it should be available after 4 hooks regardless of whom. If that’s the case then I would suggest 5 but we also have to keep in mind many people DC whether on purpose or not. How would this fit in to this mori requirement? What if it’s a 3v1 rather than a 4v1? I think we can all agree ebony moris should be more rare in the bloodweb - like an ebony key for example. Green moris should also be rare. What if ebony moris were available after every survivor has been hooked/or 5 hooks total and they can mori everyone. And green moris had the same requirements (but debatably 1 less hook if we’re going that route) but you can only mori 2 survivors? Tell me your thoughts guys.

• DarkBarbarian
    DarkBarbarian Member Posts: 89
    Options

Hey guys! I completely forgot about this discussion. I'm glad this evolved into a civilized discussion about pro and cons (and about the red mori's actual color 😛). :)

• One of the posts above suggested making moris available after the gens are complete.
    • I do not like this idea. Sure, it would punish bad killers who don't deserve the kill but it would punish killers who do deserve it as well. If all 4 survs are alive at the end, there is no reason to run a red/pink/magenta/ruby mori. A killer would get 2 moris at most, most likely 1 or 0.

The red mori is in the game to get a 4k. But it shouldn't be a guaranteed 4k. Yes, I know, it isn't like "run red mori => 4k" but it's still way too easy to get one (for a price of 7k bloodpoints and with a rarity that's not really ultra rare).

In my ideal world the red mori would make a key difference to rounds and only those rounds, where (example!) all survivors are on their last hook but still escape because you made a mistake, chased one survivor for too long, or whatever. I think you get my point, I'd wish the red mori would close the gap between a nearly (and deserved) 4k and an actual 4k.

The big problem I have is that this offering can make a 4v1 into a 3v1 because of one quickly found (then hooked and tunneled) survivor. With a red mori, the round is lost in most cases no matter what the remaining survs are doing (with a green one I still see the possibility to activate 5 gens). With a reworked mori that quickly found survivor would give the killer a huge advantage (early hook and possibly another one when they try to rescue) but doesn't mean the killer has won (=4k) the round. Again, there are exempts from that but from my experience most of the 3v1 games are a loss for survivors.

• Suggestion: Make the yellow mori built in
      • I'd say that is a fair point. If you are the last survivor and are downed what are you able to do besides wiggling out of the killer's grasp (which won't happen in most cases because, let's be honest, most of the time the hooks are hugging each other)?
    • Disconnection and a possibly reworked mori (like 5 hooks before it activates)
      • My suggestion: A disconnect should count as 1 or 2 hooks. If one survivor disconnects it punishes the team (and even the killer) whether or not a mori is present. Having it count as 0 hooks it would punish the killer as he maybe won't be able to mori one surv at all. On the other hand, having it count as 3 hooks would punish the survs even more, considering they are now very close to becoming moriable (think of a surv that was two times on the hook already).

Most killer mains aren't reading my post anymore I guess but now I will talk about the keys. Yes, they should be changed as well.

• Suggestion: Let the red key open the hatch without conditions and have conditions for the purple key.
      • I really like this idea. It would force survivors to actually decide whether they are bringing a red or a purple key (instead of randomly picking one as it is right now). I also would like to see a use case for the key where it isn't meant to open the hatch but rather get its use from its addons.

While keys are being compared to moris I'd like to point out that it is much harder to pull off a key play than it is to pull off a mori play. As already said, losing 4 survs to the hatch means they did 5 gens. Moriing one survivor can mean they were tunneled and killed within the first 2 minutes of the game.