So killing ruin was okay but killing god loops isnt?

Options
2ยป

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Minor point of order, I can't recall the last game I ran into camp/tunnel+NOED as a survivor. NOED, sure, but that's whatever. It's not a great perk. Totem spots don't suddenly become good when it's NOED, plus the odds are good that you can just leave. I'm really not trying to be a rank or platform snob, but I rarely run into killers that are hard camping and tunneling at red ranks on PC.

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 217
    Options

Devs nerf'd Nurse, Doctor, Legion ect, toolboxes only got reworked because of the Ruin nerf. and with that they need to remove BNP.

• PB182
    PB182 Member Posts: 80
    Options

That's what I wanted to know. Like why do I lose add-ons even if I don't use them but keep the item. Who asked for that?

• madsweeney84
    madsweeney84 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Survivors complained the most,

- Spirit Beads, because "no counter to the gen grabbing"

- Dirty Blade, because " mend times too long"

- Chains and ropes, "forever Freddy too Op"

- Calm add ons, "oh no, the skill checks are too difficult"

- and many more viable builds destroyed due to "tOo Op".

So the answer to your question is survivors, survivors had the biggest issues with add ons. Because they want to play on easy mode while teabagging after they knock over a pallet and think it is them popping off.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

also why do the killers loose their add ons every match since 2016 but survivors didnt? lots of balancing happening and for 3 years you got add ons staying just because you hid and walked out a gate, or did all the gens and opened the door then walked out. mmm hmm.... not broken at all.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Survivors have been getting benefits for about 2 years.

Also the camping noed strategy? Heres a nerf, do gens, and do bones. Dont feed the camper, and dont let yourself die to noed.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited April 2020
    Options

insta heals literally still exist in the form of Styptic

in mid chase and know you're about to go down, use Styptic, take free sprint burst

how is that any different and thus "nerfed" ?

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
    Options

you cant seriously compare aiming and throwing a hatchet to clicking a button to heal a health state.

one takes skill, the other takes a finger.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

Spirit Beads: Literally no counter at all. Like literally nothing

Dirty Blade: Imagine thinking that sitting in one spot holding m1 for 5 minutes straight is balanced LOL

Chains and ropes: Freddy has a very simple power that requires little to no interaction. I would imagine it artificially dragged the games out longer than what they intended. But I never played against old chains and ropes.

Calm addons: In what world was the change to Doctor a nerf. Considering they are default base kit.

-Many other viable builds: Someone doesn't understand balance.

DS/BL/BT/Insta Heals and many other viable builds destroyed due to "tOo Op".

Get a room honestly. As for the changes to the maps this update I could care less as I didn't love infinites cause they were boring.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Yet, if I hook someone, they get saved, and I chase and down someone else and hook them, and run into the unhooked person within a minute, Im tunneling?

Please explain that.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

There's nothing wrong with each second chance perk. I'm talking about synergys, esp. when it comes to SWFs.

DS + BT aka brain afk hookbombs might be the most popular one.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

The last suggestion seems good, since Hex:Ruin is an late game Perk.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

The thing is that there's huge dead spaces without anything to work with. Screw the pallets ok, but there's nothing. No windows, Z walls, TL walls, nothing. Empty spaces with gens.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    edited April 2020
    Options

Translation: I don't play killer and have no idea how stupid and unskillful it is to be able to just run to an infinite and have guaranteed safety. Over and over and over.

Alternative Translation: I have no idea how to loop as survivor and won't be able to stay alive now that infinites are being removed.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253
    Options

Yea but iri heads werent? Just like insta heals they required very little skill to use and if your argument is that insta heals made you loose all progress in a chase then the same is said for iri heads

• PB182
    Options

I don't think people should lose add one if they weren't used. Also I don't know how you make an assumption of how I play the game if I didn't completely use my item or it's add-ons. Like #########, get help you take this way to serious

• Freki
    Options

oh so now you assume i take this game way too serious? I guess my comments hit way to close to home for you that you have to TELL ME to get help... why don't you get help?

first of all you USED them when you added them to your item. if you don't want to loose em don't use em! the killer add ons work just that way. they are used when you enter the match. so are yours. so what if you accidentally hit the heal with your med kit and only did it for a fraction of a second? should they go away then? ALL I suggested here is that survivor's POWER (their items) are being brought into parity with the killer's add-ons for their POWER. You now keep the POWER if you escape, just loose those add-ons because you used them when you walked in with them equipped. why is this a hard concept? for years survivors could keep their add-ons allowing them to put blood points to other characters for what ever reason, killers for the same time had to continually replace their add-ons since 2016 and launch of the game.

I can see the idea that survivors were not expected to survive more than maybe 5-10% of the time originally and thus it was a great reward to let them keep the items and add-ons when they escaped. now survivors are surviving much more than before so it puts those that play killer at the huge disadvantage of not having the add-ons. Stop complaining, perhaps we should let killers keep their add-ons if they get 4k's for the next 3 years and let them relax and spend blood points in other cases. (I'm being sarcastic, I think it's good where it is now with both sides not keeping add-ons)

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

The coin is useless because the Redeemer has a max range of 18 meters so you only have a 3 meter window to activate it. Huntress hatchets don't have a hard limit on range.

Still, I think a better change would be to hard cap the hatchets at 1 and ignore any add-ons that increase the amount of hatchets.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188
    Options

First this game in its earlier stages was so survivor sided that it was just stupid but now they getting there crap together and finally nerfing some of the things that needed to be done. Killers r finally starting to see the light and now survivors r complaing I don't understand y people complain about noed when survivors have adrenaline that's gets them full HP off hook and its instant PLUS u get basically sprint burst cuz yea that's ok. But complain about a one hit totem perk that helps against adrenaline.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    Options

Iri heads are fine survivors already have tons of no skill crutch perks they lean on so they have no room to talk

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I've been around long enough to know how survivor sided it was. I remember eating 4 DD before you can get the first hook sometimes.

That said, I think the NOED discussion is usually too extreme on both sides. I think it is a great perk for an end game build, but it is also a horrible crutch that can often aid lazy campers/tunnelers and punish solo survivors.

I've seen matches where the killer is face camping and the solo survivors play the recommended solution, rush gens. I hit every totem I could during it. Counted 4. Last gen pops. Killer has lost 3 chases since the 1 face camp death. He comes around the corner and scores a hit on me with NOED. Nobody is running BT, one player gets me off the hook, but we both gets dropped. Lazy killer gets 3 kills due to a crutch use of NOED.

That's why I do favor a hook limit to activate NOED and a totem counter for solo que.

Would like to see some protection capabilities for totems though. TotH is not enough.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Hex: Ruin wasn't ruined (no pun). Many high ranking killers still use it effectively. It also is one of several perks designed to slow gen progression. This is never going to be an apples to apples comparison, but it is amusing that the Ruin changes seem to be the argument for every change killers want/like. "But Ruinnnnnnnnn". ๐Ÿ˜‚

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

Oh, the humanity.

It's almost as if the game was incredibly survivor sided.

Forgive me for not weeping at the fact the devs are getting rid of a lot of the crap that was way out of hand.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Imagine being such a 4head you don't understand he referring to the change that made survs lose addons even if they escape.

• madsweeney84
    madsweeney84 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Oh look another survivor main who didnt pay attention and trying to dissect logic. Lol. What is it you survivors say "Get Good".

As far as all of the trash survivor perks you listed that were labeled as " too OP" you are the one who obviously doesnt understand balance whatsoever.

I assume you are one of those survivors that thinks knocking over a pallet and teabagging furiously is "popping off"

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

The Dev's clearly tip toe around Survivor changes, but doesn't even take a second thought when making Killer changes. The only reason this update is coming out now, is because it's getting rushed - because they are losing Killer players. Fast.

• PB182
    Options

Yeah you definitely take this way to serious. I'm not reading all that, add-ons shouldn't be lost if they're not used. I said what I said๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Freki
    Options

and thus your opinions matter nothing in this. if survivors keep their add ons, then killers should keep them too. if killers don't keep their add ons then survivors should not either. please move on then who asked you to comment? I still have no apology for your words here, you are the one that assumed I needed help yet here you are not helping at all by posting something that is not relevant to the conversation here.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

you can counter most of pink addons

how are you supossed to counter insta heals? frankline demies?

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

Yes you killers deserve Nothing

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

"Killing Ruin".... Ruin literally lasted 30-90 seconds on average; so you killers really need to stop using ruin nerf as an excuse.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited April 2020
    Options

There's a very big difference between a perk vs the survivors only way of defense and its pretty clear you didnt see the amount of deadzones that exist now because of this crap map changes.

I for one am going right back to being a killer main instead of playing both sides because of these changes they are not healthy at all and seem rushed instead of matt walker actually taking the time to adjust deadzones.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188
    Options

Ur Right it can be used for lazy garbage killers but honestly at the end it's still just a totem and totem usually spawn right in the open

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

While not perfect, pretty ez fix, they infinite? you camp, no fun for anyone at that point.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

What about the nurse, spirit, oni, freddy and ruin nerf? Just that you don't forget them, i agree on NOED and iri heads tho.

• CJ46
    CJ46 Member Posts: 54
    Options

personally i didn't mind ruin the way it was and i'm a survivor main, it wasn't even hard to hit the skill checks but most survivors cried about it being "too hard" i'd rather have ruin the way it was and keep god loops tbh ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Thiccness123
    Thiccness123 Member Posts: 16
    Options

I think the current idea is too strain the game and make it more difficult for both sides which means taking more power away from both sides, It just comes in waves to each side, I think arguing that things have been a "good year" for either side is not the best point of view given how many changes come with each mid chapter update.

The BIGGER changes like the ruin nerf or generator and item changes will stand out but there is always little things being changed, Sometimes it is a loss for killers and sometimes for survivors.

Until proven overpowered or under powered by playtime and testing I would not rush to assume this is gonna be a bad change but survivor mains tend to be a little whiny, I play both sides at red ranks and just have a rule of just playing to enjoy. In the long run both will get use too the changes and the game will feel normal again it isn't gonna break the fairness of the game otherwise they would not add it in.

But you are correct in your approach to survs saying get good apply pressure about ruin, They complain about this well it is only fair , if games are shorter then chases need to be shorter too to even it out

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

As a survivor main I think the new loop changes are great for the game's balance. I don't like that they changed ruin, it was one of the only effective gen prevention perks and now it's pretty mediocre. They really shouldn't have changed ruin imo.