The best perk? Bond.

Options
NoMitherPlayer
NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
Bond is the 1# perk to me. 
It feels necessary to use it. Why?

1: Better than self-healing, because finding a teammate to heal you is faster.
(Self-healing is better when you're the last surv or against Freddy but in terms of being useful during the whole match, bond 1#)
2 and 3: You don't need to search for the engines. Most of the time survivors are either being chased or fixing engines.
With Bond, you're basically quicker at helping your teammates and going from a gen to another. 
4: you're in control. You know most of the time where the killer is(either chasing or searching) so you know where to be and what is the best thing to do, often.

What do ya guys think? Do you agree?

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,778
    Options
    I love Bond. I find it very useful. One of my essential perks.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@NoMitherPlayer said:

(Self-healing is better when you're the last surv or against Freddy but in terms of being useful during the whole match, bond 1#)
    2 and 3: You don't need to search for the engines. Most of the time survivors are either being chased or fixing engines.
    With Bond, you're basically quicker at helping your teammates and going from a gen to another. 
    4: you're in control. You know most of the time where the killer is(either chasing or searching) so you know where to be and what is the best thing to do, often.

Bond is already included in SWF, ofc its not the best perk

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I prefer empathy since people will get injured at least once during the game plus the range is unlimited. And you can tell where the killer is once he'll start chasing someone. Being able to tell what everyone is doing across the map is a far better advantage for me.

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

Yyyup, you know where to be if someone needs a heal or where not to be if poop is going down.

@HellDescent said:
    I prefer empathy since people will get injured at least once during the game plus the range is unlimited. And you can tell where the killer is once he'll start chasing someone. Being able to tell what everyone is doing across the map is a far better advantage for me.

• crabby247
    crabby247 Member Posts: 58
    Options

I agree. My favorite perk. Very useful when u are a solo survivor!

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of bond. I'm like the killers gonna chase me at some point and my perks evolve around outplaying or outrunning the killer to waste his time and stay healthy. Iron will is an amazing perk. The amount of times killers have thought i just disappeared is actually mind blowing.
  • NoMitherPlayer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Empathy=good when survivors are injured. Bond: You can actually know where they are even before they get injured most of the time and perhaps save then from the injury to be optimistic. + maps aren't so big, killers and survivors always stick to the middle. Generally, empathy's range isn't necessary.  With bond if they're out of range that's cool because they're too far to be helped. Bond is good for teamwork, so 30+meters is perfect. If a survivor is being chased at 40+ meters he's too far there's no point in trying to help. Same for healing. Doesn't matter the situation bond comes in handy. Being chased? Locate a teammate so he can help you somehow. An ally chased? An ally who needs to be healed, or to be out of crazyness? Seeing an ally fixing an engine when you search one? I could tell 50 usual stuff that happens every single game where you win time because of bond. Obviously, it's pretty much linked to teamwork, if you're a lone or selfish survivor who just cares about his rank, it's not that good. 
  • NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    AshleyWB said:
    I'm not the biggest fan of bond. I'm like the killers gonna chase me at some point and my perks evolve around outplaying or outrunning the killer to waste his time and stay healthy. Iron will is an amazing perk. The amount of times killers have thought i just disappeared is actually mind blowing.
    I would compare iron will to that perk which gives you a kind of signal when the killer is at 48meters.premonition I think. I sometimes use this perk so I can expect the killer and hide or move before he even comes. Iron will might be better because it counters the doctor too. I use a shirtless no mither David, so killers easily see me because of the white skin lol.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    Options

@NoMitherPlayer said:
    AshleyWB said:

I would compare iron will to that perk which gives you a kind of signal when the killer is at 48meters.premonition I think. I sometimes use this perk so I can expect the killer and hide or move before he even comes. Iron will might be better because it counters the doctor too. I use a shirtless no mither David, so killers easily see me because of the white skin lol.

Iron Will just prevents the groans from being injured. Calm Spirit prevents screaming out in pain or madness.

• NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    Too bad they didn't combine these 2 into 1 perk. I am French so iron will sounded like calm spirit to me, the way it was described ^^
  • CoolAKn
    Options

I see. Yeah, the 2 could be reasonably combined, maybe have the grunts of pain reduced to 50% at Tier 3 and can stack with No Mither.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

Bond will not be such a great thing far as healing. The devs plan on having where it your teammate have sc then it will affect healing other players. And on top of that self care will take forever to heal 
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462
    Options

@AshleyWB said:

Everyone complains about DS, and it is annoying, but I'd rather people run with DS than Iron Will. It's such a strong perk. I've found that I rely A LOT on hearing as a killer so it's crazy how ninja like people are with Iron Will.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited September 2018
    Options

But of course!

If I am injured, I can find a teammates to help me. Since Self Care is OP, this is the only suitable replacement, plus it helps my teammates get points as well :blush:

Also, if I am ever getting tunneled by the killer and I end up getting injured, even after all my god-like juking, I can then parade by my teammates. Hopefully they will be kind enough to body block him for me or better yet, if the killer isn't a complete tool, he will go for one of the uninjured guys, because that would make sense and we all want a fair chance at escaping :chuffed:

Of course I run this perk when I am not with my SWF buddies. So I run bond to always feel like I am with my friends, after all nothing beats an 8 foot monster barreling towards you like THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

DWIGHT MAINS UNITE!

• Depy
    Depy Member Posts: 23
    Options

Honestly i would say self care is better, you can heal youreself at anytime without needing to find anyone,, you can do it when ur last alive, you can relie on yourself and not everyone else

• NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    bond enables survivors to sandbag one another.  doubt this?  how many times while being chased will a "teammate" come unhook you directly in front of the killer?  how many dwights have you seen who will run right up to you while they are being chased and you're on a gen?
    Bond also counter survivors who tries to do this lol. With bond you see them running at you so they can give ya the killer. You're so right dude. 
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Bond+open handed= your welcome. One of my fav perk combos.
  • NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    self care is a must.  many of these "teammates" will intentionally blow skill checks when there are only two survivors left and they themselves have full health.
    Well if I'm in solo with randoms, self care may be the best. Honestly I never play solo so ill just believe what you're saying
    Iceman said:

Bond will not be such a great thing far as healing. The devs plan on having where it your teammate have sc then it will affect healing other players. And on top of that self care will take forever to heal 
    That would be a shame :/ I don't like using self healing because of the red loading already it's long enough
  • NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    So from what all of you guys say, it seems like Bond/self-care+ Iron Will? + DC would be one hell of a build? I believe adding dead hard as a 4th perk would be great, or maybe the feng min window dash? 
    Btw I never used dc before, almost. I played dbd 1 year. I tried it yesterday and it clearly saved my games. Facts. 
  • NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    C4Garuda said:
    What is open handed? Sorry I'm French these perks names aren't always obvious
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    C4Garuda said:
    What is open handed? Sorry I'm French these perks names aren't always obvious
    Open handed is Ace Viscontis perk. It extends the aura reading of every1 by 8 meters on lv3 if im not mistaken. So it helps any survivor running aura perks as well as yourself, and extends bond even further. One of my favorite non meta combos.
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Options

Yup, best perk hands down :) The 2nd to me is We'll Make It; but eh, there will be others that disagree. Thats just my opinion.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Bond is so underrated.

I run it and Open-Handed on Ace.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

<3 Bond.
    I would use Empathy but meh.
    Also @FrenziedRoach i would run Open Handed if either someone else run it or someone else had some aura reading ability

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Open-Handed III plus Bond III is okay and all, but Open-Handed III plus Kindred III is where the real fun is at.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2018
    Options

Who needs Bond when voice chat is free for every survivor? :D

• NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    Peasant said:

Open-Handed III plus Bond III is okay and all, but Open-Handed III plus Kindred III is where the real fun is at.

What is kindred 3?
  • CoolAKn
    Options

@NoMitherPlayer said:
    Peasant said:

What is kindred 3?

Kindred reveals survivors to each other when you are on the hook. Kindred III reveals the killer if they are within 8m of the hook.

• NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    HP150 said:

Who needs Bond when voice chat is free for every survivor? :D

It's not on ps4 there is no voice chat in the game. Just parties with friends :/
    +bond allows you to know the position and where the survivor and the killer will be. So you can expect their moves for example and make a quick strat. Voice is useful, but bond is just like having eyes all around the zone. There is a huge difference between 'the killer is behind me! ' and a very accurate aura view from bond. That's why bond is the best as a killer... (Mayers mirrors are about auras, the bell guy, ######### Freddy inescapable chases because of the aura thingy... The uses as a killer of the auras are obvious, but not as a survivor. Voice chat + bond = best combo?
  • NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    CoolAKn said:

@NoMitherPlayer said:
    Peasant said:

What is kindred 3?

Kindred reveals survivors to each other when you are on the hook. Kindred III reveals the killer if they are within 8m of the hook.

Oh so these 2 perks work together. Now I totally get your point 👍
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

I prefer Empathy. The bond range is small, with Empathy I can make tactical decisions a lot better. Because I know exactly where the killer is when a chase is ongoing. And I can run up and heal a teammate when they are injured when they lose the killer.

• NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    Chi said:

I prefer Empathy. The bond range is small, with Empathy I can make tactical decisions a lot better. Because I know exactly where the killer is when a chase is ongoing. And I can run up and heal a teammate when they are injured when they lose the killer.

I disagree, because you can make tactical decisions only after they get hit. Mayers Lvl 3, chainsaws, a quick 2nd hit... And you're too late. After 32meters, with the quick animation killer's pick up, you will never arrive in time in order to body block , flash his eyes or whatever tactic. It's sure empathy is better when the survivor is injured, but that's the problem too in my opinion
  • NoMitherPlayer
    Options
    Chi said:

I disagree, because you can make tactical decisions only after they get hit. Mayers Lvl 3, chainsaws, a quick 2nd hit... And you're too late. After 32meters, with the quick animation killer's pick up, you will never arrive in time in order to body block , flash his eyes or whatever tactic. It's sure empathy is better when the survivor is injured, but that's the problem too in my opinion. 

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@Chi said:

Empathy is a good choice, I won't lie. But Bond will at least let me know if somebody is being chased before they get wounded. Additionally, it can show me which generators are being done, and if somebody is going for an unhook or not.

The level of information is just so much higher. If empathy didn't have unlimited range, it'd likely never get used.