No synergy in For the people + Second wind

I thought this would be a fun combo but second wind is really useless when you only go for the perk description.

Is it ever gonna be changed to 'heal people for exactly 16 seconds'?

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

so when you heal someone for one health state using For The People, Second Wind does not activate? that makes no sense whatsoever.

I can see it not working if Second Wind were to activate within the broken status effect time of For The People, but if that time has passed it should just work.

Probably just more spaghetti code on the dev's part.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Second Wind has a lot of conditions that don't proc it. It's a badly designed perk, mechanically speaking.

• miotas
    miotas Member Posts: 42

I ran this combo as well thinking it'd be fun and I was disappointed. It makes sense to me that instantly healing someone would proc second wind. Maybe the event sequence makes you broken before checking if second wind procs. I'd love it if they could change second wind to synergise better with perks like this.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    edited April 2020

Most combos that rely on you being in a certain status effect as part of the combo won't proc if you're already in that status effect, Since Second Wind's effect requires that you be put into the Broken State, it probably can't activate since it can't put you into the Broken State because you're already in it.

It can't perform its actions, so it can't activate. Makes sense to me.

Otherwise this combo would absolutely break For The People even more than it already is\by giving an instant heal to your target, and a free heal to you. Combo it with deliverence and you'd see entire times just hook rushing because there'd be no consequences.

• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 329

No. The perk lights up once its ready to use. It doesn't matter that you're broken, the perk should light up after healing one health state. And thats not the case

• miotas
    miotas Member Posts: 42

It's okay if the perk doesn't activate if you're broken already while being unhooked. It would just be nice if you could fill up the pre-req of healing an ally to full health, so that if you get hooked AFTER for the people's broken effect is removed, you can use second wind.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

They could change second wind to you heal one state after you get out of broken status, even if killer downs and rehooks you.