The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Upon winning or losing a match, how often if ever do you send hatemail?

xBEATDOWNSx
xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
edited April 2020 in Polls

Title says off. I'm just curious. It's anonymous to vote so don't worry! This also applied to post game chat as well on PC

Edit: spelled rarely wrong.

Upon winning or losing a match, how often if ever do you send hatemail? 123 votes

Often
3% 4 votes
Sometimes
6% 8 votes
Rarwly
26% 32 votes
Never
64% 79 votes

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Hatemails: Never

Postchat: Often

I complain a lot postchat, which is defniitly a weakness of mine i have to stop.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Unless someone sends me some, and I'm in a bad mood, I never do it.

• Psyhel
    Psyhel Member Posts: 21

If I ever send a message I ask why did the person choose to act in the way they did.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

######### is this poll lol? The people who do actually do it probably won't admit to it, and the people who don't do it are probably going to say they do just for laughs to skew the poll

• xBEATDOWNSx

That's why it's anonymous.

I'm expecting some to lie but it's still just for an idea.

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114

Never no real point not like it will change anything

• MysteriousPerson
    MysteriousPerson Member Posts: 12

if someone says it to me first then i will come back and say it to them. the only time i would send it first is if i get cucked by a teammate but even then its not really a hateful message im sending

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I don't like toxic people.

• Kirannaconda
    Kirannaconda Member Posts: 4

I only do that if the killer is doing something like, tunneling, farming, or facecamping when unnecessary. And im not one of those entitled survivor mains, so i know when this is actually happening, and not just the killer doing their job.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Why send hatemail when you can send positive messages and maybe make a new friend?

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

It's just extremely childish, even if the opponent at the end is like "gg ez :)" he's only trying to bait you into that and they'll just look like a ######### themselves unless you respond to that. It's not the opponent's fault that you might have gotten unlucky with rng or matchmaking or other way around. Just leave and hopefully better luck next game or take a break and play when you are in a better mood.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I send memes and nothing but memes. I often get funny responses and everyone gets a chuckle.

• xBEATDOWNSx

That's what I do. No matter how my round goes, I always send GG. Honestly it comes down to luck most games, not skill.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

I don't say anything, ever. Not even a "gg". I just leave immediately.

• Azgarthus
    Azgarthus Member Posts: 31

On PS4 there is no end game chat. I changed my privacy settings to only allow messages from friends, but the toxic players still went through the trouble of sending a friend request since you can attach a message to those. I disabled friend requests as well, and even still I had a player send me a Playstation Community invite after I caught them out with an endgame killer build. Before I disabled messages, I would never respond unless they had a genuine question (How did you see me through the wall? You were using Self-Care and I was using Nurse's Calling). It's just crazy to see the lengths people will go through to send hate messages.

• BlueSwifts
    BlueSwifts Member Posts: 20

I never send it, never will, but I do like getting it 😌 Some people just wanna complain because they were sacrificed.

Had a really bad game as Myers one time. This Laurie bagged me from behind a pallet. The gates get open, everyone leaves except her, the only one I sacrificed. Sends me afterwards, "Why didn't you let me go, you lost that game?!?"... "Don't bag next time" If there's ever a time I've felt fully content in this game it would be then. No response after that either... sweet toxicity.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited April 2020

I don’t send hatemail. I rarely message anybody. I have to be REALLY upset to message somebody, which I never have been that upset in DBD. Even then I’ll only message them asking why they made the choices they did to understand the game from their point of view. It’s usually me that gets the hatemail, so then I send a reaction pic or meme in return to annoying them further.

I send positive messages if I noticed the killer/survivor was really good or if the round was really enjoyable.

• Kyari
    Kyari Member Posts: 95

I dont't like to send "hate" messages, nor do I more than one a bluemoon. But as a killer player (I don't tunnel, camp, farm or anything toxic I just wanna play the game in a way that everyone can enjoy themselves and understand they lost because of X reason and everyone can take away something from the game) but when survive with friends god loop, gen rush, toolbox rush or use toxic perks and THEN t-bag at the exit gates, or on some case deliberately come back to mess with me I do send a message to ask why. I get people can have bad games, but if i can help someone vent i guess thats helping in one way or another, and it helps me feel better even if i get a 4 escape game. It's not the toxic gameplay, but how people act about using that gameplay. I get that you gotta do what you gotta do to get bloodpoints, but is the toxicity really neccesary?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Never, mainly because the survivors were probably looking for that to begin with, so it isn't worth it.

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2020

I send only in case that the killer is face camping+tunneling and if I do it I just say peaceful to don't do it again because it's not good

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94

All the toxic survivors voting on "Never" lol. As if anybody would admit that

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited April 2020

If I ever get pitted against someone that plays in such a toxic/unfun/et cetera way that I actually get pissed at them the player, I usually just say gg and then stew about it for a few minutes. They can play how they want as long as they're not cheating or abusing game mechanics, even if it makes me want to kill them IRL in the style of their favorite Killer's mori.

• Green_Teaa
    Green_Teaa Member Posts: 1

I think leaving hatemail is generally childish and it's a waste of time. The time you could be queuing into another game is wasted by you feeling the need to insult other players in chat. I understand feeling frustrated if someone's being toxic or unfair or generally rude to you, but it just makes a person stoop to their level when they do it back, y'know? People who always have some witty or rude comment to say at the end of a game bug me too. Just move on to your next game, it's not worth saying anything no matter what side you play.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

People who send hate tend to be people I want nothing to do with.

So I just screenshot them and frame them in my Hall of Shame. :D

• zach3734
    zach3734 Member Posts: 56

I play on pc so it’s post game chat and I never say anything unless it’s a hardcore tunnel or camp with 3+ bloody party streamers or if I get bullied when I put a survivor pudding and even then it’s something harmless like “next stop: tunneltown USA” or “I hate this game” but the community is so unbelievably toxic it’s disgusting and it’s 90% of the time survivors, I had to defend the killer when playing solo survivor more often then I see a killer be mean.

• coffeebot99
    coffeebot99 Member Posts: 8

I send it as a response to hate mail other wise I just say GGWP

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    edited April 2020

I have a few questions because the answers were a bit vague. Why would I send hate mail after I won? and I assume this means in post-chat not like stalking streamers or profiles but I guess it could be all of the above. I said sometimes, but it would be restricted post-chat, I don't search for people beyond the match, that would be weird. And hate-mail like "Why did you tunnel me to death?" or like "I would have been your Dad but a dog beat me over the fence." I keep my chat match relevant.

I will also say I have been known to get on fellow survivor team mates for being ridiculous to killers who maybe didn't do real well. I will tell them that this is why they get face-camped because some cocky survivor was all GGEZ, baby killer in the previous round.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Depends

For me to do a survivor must get really on my nerves

yesterday I had a match where a survivor saw trapper put a trap in front of him, he didn't deactivated, and I ran into it, the survivor was literally next to me and all he did was hide inside a locker

Wanted to put a -rep and explain what he should do but sometimes whats the point

• Tingly4Trapper
    Tingly4Trapper Member Posts: 53

I once had a dbd player bring their buddies to my stream profile and spam all of my reviews, artwork, and dash--all because I played a killer they didn't like. The next day all my computer accounts got hacked, and to this day, I'm really not sure if it was the same person who hacked me, and I'm kinda too scared to know. Whenever i play killer, I get tons of bs even though I play fair and don't mind losing. It's really demoralizing and makes me want to play killer less.