Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dedicated servers ping is good but...

DYNAMICskills7
DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

...it feels like it’s underexagerated. I have ping spiking from 44 to 60, but it feels like I have 120 ping from old peer to peer connection. If I had 50 ms on peer to peer it felt instant. But dedicated not so much. It’s weird.

Also shoutout to gaymyers and forum management in general for no chance of a defence with bans given and promoting bullying. 👏 might be my last post.

Comments

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

i havent played for awhile due to the DC exploits going on, but if the games play like a 120 thats fine by me, usually im sitting at 150-200 with half the people i verse so ill take it, hopefully the DC bans will come in then ill play the game again

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

It feels different because ping is now additive as well. With peer to peer, if your ping to killer (or to Survivors) was 50, then it was 50. Being on a server, if your ping is 50, and their ping is 100... Well, your ping ain't gonna feel like 50, but more like 100.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

The only issues I have atm is when a killer downs another player or picks them up, I lag for a slight second. Not sure if it's their connection or something, but most matches run fine otherwise. This is on PS4.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Because that is exactly how it works. With the dedicated servers now both the killers and survivors have ping. In a best case scenerio where both the killer and the survivor has 60 ping, they would see each out 120 miliseconds late.

• DYNAMICskills7
    DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129
    edited April 2020

Any problems with windows? They are the only effected for me. Shack for example I have a second of spare time to get through the outer window on peer to peer 50 ms doing a medium vault, while killer vaulted inwards and chased out the back and around to the window. I never get hit but with dedicated he’s able to be fast enough to get me like the game didn’t time his vault properly for me to time it right. or maybe his body is further back than what I see, even on 50 ms.

EDIT thx dawnmad and finitethrills. It confirms what I thought was happening. Looks like this is the future for me. I wonder if this benefits killers or if they have many of their own problems. I swapped to being a survivor main atm.