Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ghostface reveal is still bonkers

Simply put, it still feels awful for both sides.

As survivor, it either never reveals when you are looking at him due to the servers and the "30% of his body requirement" which doesn't work with how loops are, or you reveal him when you could be staring at the clouds, its really gross.

The same is true for the killer POV, they could be trying to sneak up and get revealed through a wall.

Not to mention being able to spam reset being revealed while still exposing people just feels like a cheap down.

I try to be as neutral as I can, but come on

Comments

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

And sadly it's probably something that will never get fixed

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Maybe because what he's saying is true, devs only make pro killer changes.

• BruhMoment
    BruhMoment Member Posts: 39

In my experience in facing against him, the only way to actually reveal him is if you center him on your screen. Essentially, imagine that theres a decently sized rectangle or square in the middle of your screen, as long as hes in that square you can reveal him. The best way to do it is just to center him on your screen though, or try to get as close as possible to that. As for the rest of what you said, I agree. I don't know anything about the spam reset though, how do they do that?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Yep, GF can be a pain sometimes.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2020

People don't seem to have any trouble kicking me out of stealth when I play GF.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah i think clicky has forgotten about the Ruin rework. [They also seem to think anyone who plays killer or at least main killer, seems to be the scum of the earth.] Now survivors can just hit good skill checks and they are golden. No need to worry about great check skills or gen tapping. Survivors will soon be able to get easier protection hits. Making it a buff to two survivor perks. We're gonna live forever and the one Ash perk. Not everything is just a killer buff in the new balance patch. Which i for one, am going to love the change to protection hits. More stacks for we're gonna live forever, when i run it. That and prove thyself numbers are getting change, to keep the perk at the same level of power it currently has. They could of kept it at 10% rather than changing it to 15%, if they truly wanted to screw over survivors and just favor killers. Yet they didn't, they made sure the perk would have the same role as it did in the past. To remove the negative bonus for working together on a gen with a friend.

Which yeah as for ghostface. Yeah reveal can work in ghostface favor or screw him over. Sometimes you can't reveal him to save your life, other times you can reveal him while hiding behind a tree or a wall. It does seem to lack any sort of consistency. Which is what i would say makes it most annoying. The lack of consistency. Be it playing as him or against him.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I don't use his stalk I just use his night shroud for sneaky things. So getting broken out doesn't really bother me. But i do agree his breaking him out is a little fimmicky. Half the time i can't seem to break him out of it.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

This is why I hate facing Ghostface.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

I'd just ignore Clicky, they think Bubba is a good killer.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

The spam reset means GF dashes in and out of cover (imagine a windshield wiper) and stalks you briefly every time. He's able to expose you without you breaking him out of shroud, because stalk progress doesn't reset (unless he hits you, ofc), but reveal progress does.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Okay, things to point out from that clip:

1) he's clearly being mostly obscured, preventing the reveal.

2) The survivor isn't even keeping him centered on the screen, let alone looking at him correctly.

3) biggest rookie mistake vs Ghost Face is to stand there and stare at him when he could be preventing your reveal play and you easily feeding him the mark.

This isn't his power being busted, this is just bad gameplay.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Did you see how ######### he was upon release? You wouldn't even look at him and you'd be able to get him and you could hear if he went into night shroud if he was within 40 meters of you.

Now it's still broken, but it goes both ways now instead of favouring the survivor. I've had times where I've looked right at them and it's done ######### all, but I've also had times where they've been behind a rock and I've seen them.

Don't focus to much on revealing him, because if he tries to stalk you then he slows down giving you enough time to get to a loop.

He is the worst killer in the game for who needs to have some bug fixes, but please stop showing your bias and actually recognise that it goes both ways.

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126

I guess the Ruin rework, Nurse nerf, Spirit nerf , Freddy add-ons nerf, Legion nerf, etc., were all things that happened in another world.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

Revealing is supposed to occur when at least 20% of the killer is able to be seen, in the video, the least you can see at any time the survivor is trying to reveal him is around 25-33% and even if this one video wasn't the best attempt at revealing him, you cannot seriously be arguing that the mechanic works as it should in its current form.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I've broken him out looking at him from halfway across the map

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I tested this sometime ago, I was running right behind a ghostface and he would not get revealed no matter what I did until I looked away (made sure he wasn't visible on the screen) and started looking at him again, then he finally got revealed. That might be a way to get around this but I don't know if it works consistently.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Dude I played someone with the exact same name as you the other week on the ptb. Can’t imagine there are too many people with that username on the ptb. You facecamped every hook as wraith, literally stood by the hook invisible.

gtfo ->

• ClickyClicky

Lmfao it does NOT go “both ways”

Sure killer can be a little inconsistent but this MASSIVELY favours killer.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited April 2020
    1. that doesn’t stop me from seeing him, being able to constantly reset reveal while not losing stalk is bad design. Even spirit cannot spam her power and has to recharge.
    2. Sorry let me look at him correctly, maybe I should look at the sky next time to reveal since that is more consistent. I’m sure you would also try and justify all the clips and vids from everyone from Zubat to monto to other people who post here saying how they should just “look harder 4head”
    3. you can’t reveal him, so you get exposed weather you try to hide at the loop or run out, whereas someone like Huntress has to risk throwing a hatchet, or someone like nurse can risk blinking. GF and Freddy players don’t have risks, hence why they are prone to bloodlusting and having the rep that they have.
    4. Thanks for objective, unbiased feedback Ghost_Face_Main
  • ClickyClicky

Literally never said Bubba is good. Maybe underrated IF (keyword if) he’s running certain add ons and a good build but nope never thought he was good.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

So he spits truth onto you and you try to belittle him by trying to lie and say he did something that a bad player would do. Grow up man.

• ClickyClicky
    edited April 2020

Lie? Lol why don’t you grow up. When have I ever called out a player like that? Never. Only reason Im doing it now was because its true.

Didnt realize it was that username until the end screen so couldnt record it.

it was ptb so might have just been screwing around but still...

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

At no point did you get 30% of his body in your POV. You had a brick wall standing in the way aswell.

• djsponge10

Lol guess ruin change was a killer sided change, or not changing deathslinger to not be a below average killer. The ruin change completely messed up the meta. Chase used to be a huge part of the game, but now who cares? Legion is actually a good killer nowadays because of the new map pressure meta which is really really weird. I know how big this meta change is because I never used old ruin unless I’m playing trapper or hag. Because old ruin still had an effect even if you didn’t run it, and that was the 1-3 survivors automatically looking around to see if ruin is around them or to instantly try to find ruin. This gave an extra 1-2 minutes in the early game. Today there is no early game. There is just “can I get a hook before the first gen pops?” Which wasn’t a question before the ruin change. As soon as the change initiated my games began to just get worse and worse I was losing way more than I ever imagined, now after adapting to the new gen pressure is king meta. It’s gotten waaaaay easier than it was day 1 of ruin removal, but it negates a lot of killers, clown and bubba are somehow even worse than before, and killers with absolutely zero map pressure like deathslinger are incredibly underwhelming. Like imagine if old ruin was still in the game today for deathslinger he would be looked as a really great killer. But no, he 100% has one of the best chase in the whole game easily top 5, but with the zero map pressure and a slower movement speed, with a bunch of things that slow him dow in his kit like a missed shot, reloading after every shot, reeling in a survivor, getting stunned, breaking a chain prematurely, with of course a slower movement speed. He is just so underwhelming and that much “slowdown” in his kit just really hurts him as a killer tremendously. And just the change of ruin did all of this plus infinitely more to the game.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    edited April 2020

Playing 50/50, I've seen players that know what to do against it because it's easier than it looks, and then there are most who are unsure of what to make of it, so they conclude it is broken. Take the elements of how the killer counters the survivor's action to deactivate his power, and combine that with a survivor attempting while the killer is in a secure spot. There's no bias from me just because I like playing him, but I play plenty of survivor too FYI. Playing both roles gives the benefit of knowing and understanding game mechanics the most opposed to someone who plays one role only.

Best solution is to break LoS and force him in the open to reveal him easier. It is definitely harder to break him when you can only see half of him behind a wall, but that's his counterplay. You can't say it's bad designing either because compared to The Shape's stalk mechanic, it's more down to earth with a couple weaker aspects that work just right. Simply put, it is not broken, but it just appears broken to someone with lack of knowledge regarding it. Thanks for the critique on my words BigTimeGamer

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Correction: it’s 20%

but tell me how my human eyes didn’t see him; the joke of “just look 4head” is ironically becoming people’s advice now lol

• djsponge10

I mean, you are lying. I don’t need to grow up. Just because you’ve said you’ve never called someone out like that before (just assuming, I’m not gonna check your 1800 posts) doesn’t give you that right to do so. Like you just said, he could’ve been memeing (if you are actually telling the truth and actually saw him in game)

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

It does go both ways even if the survivor usually suffers more, you can still break him out of stealth when he's not even visible sometimes. Also your posts are getting extremely conspiratorial, like to the same level of "sound bugs = deliberate spirit shadownerf bc devs hate killers"

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Well either you're really unlucky or you're stuck in your own world where the devs for some reason hate survivors.

• Ghost_Face_Main

I've had an ongoing streak of easily breaking Night Shroud with little to no difficulty. Only times I wouldn't is when he is too obscured to do so. It becomes tedious seeing players think that the game revolves around what they visually see with their own eyes, and not what is required of gameplay to succeed. You ever wonder why they haven't touched him since launch with all the various clips of how " broken" it is? Don't assume I'm taking all of this from OP's clip alone.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

In my opinion, after viewing your video, you were doing it wrong. I play a lot of GF and defend against being exposed a lot. I also have exposed a lot of GF, it's really easy, but you need clear line of sight, center him on your screen, and hold for a sec. No obstructions between you. You need a clear line of sight and those short walls are blocking your view to him. It shouldn't be super easy to expose him. You shouldn't just see him and remove his cloak. Imagine that you are exposing his heart, not his head, you will have better aim.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

Same here. Swear to God if I'm within a mile of someone that isn't even looking at me I get popped out. Could be a server thing as some people are saying. Some people have different skill levels as well so idk,lol.

• dwightdotexe
    dwightdotexe Member Posts: 22

I’m gonna start this off by saying that you aren’t wrong when you say that it’s bad for both sides. But when it doesn’t work the way it should, the result is 10 times worse for survivor. The survivor gets exposed, effectively cutting chase time in HALF. When it doesn’t work for killer they have to gasp chase without an instadown at 115% movement speed. The horror.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

It does feel random sometimes. I've had people reveal me through trees. Maybe they revealed me before I got behind the tree due to lag? I don't really expose people as GF unless they don't know I'm there. I tend to use his power to get a hit in before the chase begins.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113

LOL WHAT.

So Ruin Nerf was a Pro killer change? How about enduring not being able to counter DS is that also pro-killer? Or what about when bloodlust got changed to take longer to get? Or freddies original nerf after release? Spirit nerf? Nurse nerf?

But I guess we'll ignore. DS being guaranteed its 6 second stun, more pallet spawns, maps with more god pallet spawns, or how about when cool downs got decreased for exhaustion perks?

You're either new and don't actually read the patch notes, or are just ignorant and think that "GoD lO0pS aRE Fa1R".

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113

You mean kinda like Trapper? One of the worst killers right now?

• Engetsuren
    Engetsuren Member Posts: 8

I think it's more of line of sight than you got him on your screen. Think how the flashlight works.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

They should just rework it. Give us the option to reveal him or not. There has been so many times I've been trying to hide from GF but his reveal system screws me.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I never facecamp with any killer. Way to boring. Especially not on the ptb. So it must have been someone else or I played normally and you still blamed ne for facecamping, because there are some people that will accuse anyone of Camping that doesn‘t always let survivors unhook for free.

The ptb was full of flashlight clicking survivors that were always hovering around me, so i wouldn‘t be surprised if one of those were you. Then i would of course understand why someone like you would accuse me of facecamping, even though i didn‘t, lol.

Anyways, great Argument.

• ad19970

As you probably already guessed, what he was saying isn't the truth at all. I actually highly despise camping in this game and hope that it gets nerfed in a future patch. And I certainly wasn't face camping in a ptb. So Clicky Clicky is either mistaking me for someone else, because sadly there were campers in the ptb, or he is just lying about me to try and belittle me.

• ad19970

So the nerf to Nurse, Spirit and Ruin were all in favor of the killers? The devs have made balance changes that were good for both sides, they don't only care for killers. And whining about that in every second thread won't get the devs to take you serious.

• joeyprtr
    joeyprtr Member Posts: 42

as much people complain and see no results, they need to consider alternative tactics. I mean if people that get so frustrated would just throw in the towel and say that's it I'm done what would happen. Well let's think the same people who profit from sales of dlc and currency all of sudden were hit with a loss of revenue. Well then they would have to consider actually paying attention to peoples concerns. Many games are flawed but when sales and revenue drop they are forced to change. Insanity by definition is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah it seems rather clear clicky is not being truthful. For their past history makes it clear, the thing they seem to hate is camping and tunneling killers. While ignoring the main point of the thread, being about ghostface reveal. They don't bring up a single point as to how the devs are favoring killer or are killer sided [in this thread at least]. So there is nothing to really debunk there. All you did was challenge his claims and state, yeah ghostface reveal can be a pain for both sides. Killer or survivor. Doubting his statement the way ghostface reveal work always in the favor of ghostface aka the killer.

Than for disagreeing with clicky. You suddenly become the camping killer clicky has made clear in the past they hate. So you disagree with him and now you are the thing they hate, you are now the out group. Sounds like the comic industry, disney star wars, doctor who and other ips. Where you challenge their claims or disagree with them. No matter how logical your points are. You suddenly become some sort of ism or ist, in this case a face camping killer. For they can't challenge your points, so have to demonized you, to try and discredit you. While ignoring all the counter points, people have brought up in this very thread, as to changes that didn't buff or favor killers. Since well a nerf to certain killers, like nurse, does sound like it benefits survivors, since they will have a easier time vs that certain killer. Beside certain things clicky over looked. He has nothing to back up a single claim he has made against you. It seems rather clear clicky is lying out their rear about you. Which you are far kinder than me, to give clicky the possible benefit of the doubt he mix you up with someone else. For i seen the tactic clicky has used way to many times in the past, to discredit and demonized people with legit point and logic to give out that benefit of the doubt.

Which yeah i have no idea why people find face camping fun. Just watching someone sit on a hook until they die. Sounds like a very boring way to play. That and as someone who has suffer that face before from a face camping bubba. It truly is "fun", to just not be able to play the game, due to being the "lucky" person who was found first. Of course i have seen a few who have a odd idea of camping. Three gen, going from gen to gen, to keep the survivors off of it. Is camping. Keeping the survivors off the last three gens is toxic and camping.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

That's because you aren't looking at him. In the patch where GF was fixed it says that you have to look at him with the middle of your screen, in this video you are looking at him with the top of your screen. Use a crosshair or put a piece of tape on the middle of your screen and look at GF with that angle, you will get used to this pretty fast.