Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The "DC bug", proof.

Donleov
Donleov Member Posts: 117

Hi, 

I hope you are having a nice day. 

(I'm not a native english speaker, so... sorry for any typos)

By some months ago, I'm pretty sure everyone heard the "stories" about people being unfairly disconnected from the game and getting penalized. But no one seemed to show any proof of it. So here it is. 

First I'll show you how the game behaves when you don't get internet connection, then the bug and the proof. 

1 - No internet connection. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1acJ_66TbU

When the internet is not avaliable, the game prevents the player from joining another game going back to the title screen. 

2 - The bug

When this happens the game kicks you out of the match, gives you a DC penalty, but doesn't say that there is no internet connection. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpuLMeJsr2M

3 - Proof. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOf8H4k1Svk

This happens to streamers as well, but their stream does not go down, it doesn't even change. 

You can find the VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/589672514

At: 01:30:00

By the last month I've been banned for 72h 3x in a row, but have not clicked the disconnection buttom once (that happened because the decay rate is very low, I would try play a day after the penalty and have the bug again. Now I'll have to wait until 04/24 to be able to play in my main account). I'm not attacking the DC penalty, I think it's fair, but with a bug like this in play? When people can just kill themselves on hook... It makes me feel that it's a bit unfair to some people.  

There is a sub-section (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/DPP_RankUpdateError) to the forum dedicated to this, but the mods didn't say anything about it there.

Discord still works when this happens. I have people in my family that can still use the internet normally when this happens, playing even LoL with no issue right by my side. 

Do you know what I think? I think we did a pretty good job so far. 

Stay safe out there. 

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I've had the same happen on PS4. Just playing away as killer and in the middle of a chase 'You require an internet connection' and boom, DC's me to the title screen. Luckily it doesn't happen frequently, but the fact it happens at all, despite the internet connection being fine since my PSN remains online says DbD Servers are slightly broken!

• TheAbysswalker4223
    TheAbysswalker4223 Member Posts: 2

Yeah, i feel that. I just got a 13 minute block in the queue because DbD just disconnected me in the middle of the game 3 times in 2 days. This is horrible, i lost a game with a Cake because of this, lots of bloodpoints. I play in green ping, so i dont know what could be causing this

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

The penalty escalates a bit too fast when there are bugs like this. There needs to be a bit more leeway to avoid punishing players who might not be at fault. I'm not saying they should get rid of the penalty, but I think it should be much harder to reach the 6 hour penalty and beyond than it currently is.

• Donleov

Yeah, and the decay rate is very slow, I got 72h ban, didn't play for an entire day and still got 72h ban again.

• Donleov

I don't remember where I read they were thinking about it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I think the decay rate once you get a 6 hour ban is slower. I got a 6 hour ban after some internet problems over the course of three days mixed with a couple crashes, and then my internet went out 36 hours later, and I got ANOTHER 6 hour ban.

I finally quit playing for a bit, and when I get kicked from matches for no good reason it's only a 5 or 15 minute ban.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253

I really hope this issue is resolved because its been annoying in so many situations. I have been running through the exit gates and it kicks me likr why would i dissconect there.

• DYNAMICskills7
    DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129

I have also had lag and the server freeze on Xbox. I though he was lag switching but also realised dedicated servers were released recently getting rid of lag switchers.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

They don’t care dude. Disconnects have gone down and that’s all that apparently matters, they’re just trying to please all the whiny people here who will insist you’re lying and that any disconnects are your own fault.

• NoorNeon
    NoorNeon Member Posts: 1

I got banned for 2 days because of this problem and I even talked to the support and emailed them and they said that there is nothing they can do about it but actually there is they should atleast add any servers near asia or middle East or it might me in europe im not sure cuz im in middle east. So they can atleast add good servers for us or just try to fix this problem.