Would an M1, 110%, perma-instadown killer be OP, UP, or just right?

Options

No other powers, and no addons, only M1, 110% and instadown. Where would they fit on the tier list?

Comments

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

What would their TR be?

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

It would be way too overpowered.

A Nurse at 94% speed can already get a free hit.

Pop on some Infectious Fright, BBQ, Enduring+Spirit Fury and call it a day.

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175
    Options

You do realize Nurse gets free hits because of her power, right? She's slower then survivors, how does she get free hits without it?

• BigBrainMegMain
    Options

Jesus Christ....

YouTube

"No Blink Nurse"

You'd be surprised how many people get a 4k at red Ranks.

And typically, you want to use your power as Nurse as soon as you SEE someone, but you can literally walk to a survivor and they'll get caught either way.

Spirit gets hits without the use of her power.

Hag gets hits without the use of her power.

Huntress gets hits without the use of her power.

Deathslinger gets hits without the use of his power.

All 110% speed killers. Making a 110% killer with a 1 hit ability would be insanely overpowered.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

It would be a noobstomper killer

Against inexperienced survivors they would be really good

Against experienced ones he would be useless

Plague with no fountains is bassicly this at 115% movement speed with the added benefit that hiding is harder against her

Now how many plague's do you see?

• BigBrainMegMain
    Options

I'm honestly done responding to someone who clearly has hardly any killer knowledge/experience.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I'm not a fan of the concept. There are already killers with instadowns and they are all 115% movement speed.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

But we already have Hillbilly/Leatherface, and they're 115% killers.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

So you want a slower Infinite Tier 3 Myers? Billy? Bubba?

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Yeah. Permanent Tier-III Myers is a perfect example.

But a 115% killer and vaults slightly faster. Still super painful even though it takes ages to build up to.

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175
    Options

You are literally slower then survivors without blinks. Those youtube videos have really dumb survivors if the killer 4K's, Nurse can only catch survivors if they ######### up, or if she fully bloodlusts, at which point she is slightly faster. She is slower then them without her power. The four you listed are all only slightly slower then other killers, but still are faster then survivors. Either way, I'm not arguing that those killers can get easy hits without powers. I main Deathslinger, I know personally that you can land those hits pretty easily. But Nurse definitely cannot do it easily. If a Nurse 4k's without using her power, the survivors are incredibly dumb.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

That's a rude way of saying "I'm out of arguments" it's even the first time you responded to me

Getting a free hit once in a while is not the same as winning chases or the game

Once again a Legion or a Plague where the survivors don't heal/cleanse is a stronger version of this concept

Do you think they are horrible overpowered too?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

That would be insanely boring.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

This kind of killer would be driven entirely by perks. Movement speed and TR reduction perks would pretty much determine how powerful they can be. But at base, they'll struggle against knowledgeable survivors.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Depends.

Against bad survivors, he would be overpowered af. Against really good survivor he would be worse then legion.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options
  • Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

I also just realized this killer would struggle to pip because one hit downs highly punish emblems.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Hiding is boring for most survivors who’ve been playing the game for a while, and for most killers. It’s not fun to run around the map looking for survivors for five minutes at a time. Plus there are so many aura reading and location reveal perks in the game at this point that it’s not really viable.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,595
    Options

It would both be UP and OP and also insanely boring ot play as and against. Just try it out yourself, play Huntress, use Devour and go for M1s all the time once you are on 3 Stacks. It is not entirely comparable because you will not have to deal with that many Pallets anymore, since the game already advanced, but you will see how frustrating it will be for both sides.

Either you get looped as Killer A LOT, which makes it frustrating. Or, when you are in an area where the Pallet is already gone or there is nothing to work with, it is a free Insta-Down without any chance for the Survivor.

• DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74
    Options

I really like this thought experiment. It's a thought experiment. I don't know why people are taking it so seriously.

Yeah. It would be boring. Obviously. That's not the point of the experiment.

I say underpowered. A 110-er (permanent insta down m1 or not) is very easy to loop. PWYF would instantly be meta and camping would be a nightmare, but overall a weak killer.

Still tiered higher than Legion or Clown though.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited April 2020
    Options

This is not about they don't use their power and get M1 hits. If you KNOW they don't have a power, they wouldn't get a hit. People running backwards looking to dodge hatchets, trying to mindgame pallets and stuff, you know? And no blink nurse should never even get a down, all the videos you see rely on potatoes. Ever watched Scratched Mirror Myers videos? He has wall hacks and 0 TR, that allow him to get easy hits. As soon as he is chasing, he is super easy to outplay, and he is >100% ms, not below.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

I think it would be even below that

Legion becomes a 115 ms killer with insta downs after the early game if the survivors don't heal so stricktly better

And Clown atleast has a decent chase

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited April 2020
    Options

Underpowered probably.

Unless their Terror Radius is close to 0 Survivors could just pre-throw pallets to keep them at bay.

With 110% and no traversal power they'd just get genrushed since Survivors can just split up and hold M1 until they hear Terror Radius.

If this Killer is a Stealth Killer tho, they might stomp solo queues by surprising people without Spine Chill/aura reading perks, but SWFs would just keep an eye and ear out and turn them into a slower trapless Trapper.

In any case, this Killer would have to have a VERY interesting personality for anyone to play them. All they'll really be doing gameplay-wise is holding WASD and pressing spacebar or M1 every once in a while.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

He would be too bad at chases. There would be no point in hiding from him when there is lower risk of being caught when just running away from him.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Due to consistency he would have a 24 metre TR which can be reduced to 16. Play with your food would be Godlike on this Killer since you only lose 1 stack per hit.

Probably a bit op.

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179
    Options

My experience playing huntress 110% killer is that i can hit a LOT of M1's. And Huntress has the lullaby, imagine without it and just a normal TR affected by TR perks...

That killer would be OP because even at 100% you can get hits on survivors because a lot of factors diminish the velocity of players, vaulting windows, pallets, change from walking to sprinting, falling...

Also first hit is very important when you are misspositioned because the survivor gets a boost to run to a safe structure. With instadown you get a free hook every time you surprise someone in the open. Also hiding against a M1 instadown its super risky, if the killer find someone crouching it's usually a guaranteed hit. Also Lunge attack would make him deadly in almost every situation. People hate NOED because M1 instadown is a strong attribute to have. It's a billy saw without charge and full 360º control, a Myers state without build up... a lot of killers can have this but temporary and with some requirements. Also this would make it impossible to block the killer path to a hook.

• Sonzaishinai
    edited April 2020
    Options

Kinda interresting how divided people are on this

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

I play almost exclusively killer for over 2 years and I agree with them. Against an experienced swf group that is communicating, using an OoO, and gen rushinh, this killer would be virtually helpless unless the survivors made a huge mistake.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

well, whatever it'd be i am sure it wouldnt see a lot of play.

the whole concept sounds very boring to play / play against thb.

they would probaply end up slaugthering bad players and get slaugthered by good players. cause 110%s get looped VERY easily without their power.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

In all honesty... would it be op though? No one cleansed against Plague which means you were insta down and it’s not like you couldn’t stealth either. Personally I don’t recall it being too hard when I faced her and it’s not like people complained a lot about her even though she was 115%.

It’s an incredibly plain power though...

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

So your defense is that YouTubers (people who play this game for a living) can pull this off with somewhat consistency thus its powerful? What about the thousands of people who can't or the matches they don't get the 4k? If the argument is "they can do it" then by that logic a killer standing still pretending to go AFK can also get free hits...

This seems like cherry picking.

Nurse moves slower than survivor base speed thus a non-potato survivor can run away from her indefinitely.

At bloodlust 1 she moves the same speed as a survivor meaning you can still get away easily if you don't cut corners at a worst angle than Nurse.

At bloodlust 2 nurse can finally gain distance on you, however the distance will be lost with the use of a single pallet toss. If the Nurse breaks that pallets she loses all bloodlust.

Anyway this thread isn't about Nurse but about the idea OP had regarding a killer with the specified abilities listed. My answer to that is, no they wouldn't be OP but they would be boring as hell and not an improvement to the game on either side.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

115% MS would be pretty balanced imo. Basically infinite Tier 3 Meyers but slightly worse at loops.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I feel like it would be a nightmare to play and play against.

I'd expect with that power, they'd have some serious limitations. So it's like, your either tortured by your leash as killer or your left depressed with "I guess I'll just die" moments as survivor.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

And guess what? The overwhelming majority of games are not sweaty object SWFs. They are potato solo Q players, who get 2 tapped by the demogorgon even at purple / red ranks.

It would be OP as hell, especially with the incoming map nerfs.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

A game should be balanced toward the top level of play without sacrificing the bottom. We already have Plague who is STRONGER than this hypothetical killer would be and she is fine. Even considered a litte underpowered.

• Shocktober
    Options

Plague needs a few minutes to build up to it, similar to perma tier 3 myers. I think nobody plays plague because her character design is pretty boring, as well as her gameplay. Not because she isn't strong.

I dread seeing a plague at high ranks because it means unless your team are all looping gods it's going to be a really annoying match. Or you get her on like Hawkins or something and now you are a 1 shot all game and every pallet is unsafe. Still better than having to go against Billy, Freddy, or Spirit for the 10th time in a row though.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

115ms is worth the build up tbh, Legion is in the same boat as survivors generally don't heal against them

So we have 2 killers that are bassicly insta downs with 115ms and they are both conciddert mediocre to bad

The hypothetical 110 ms oneshotter stands no chance against experienced survivors imo

• Shocktober
    Options

This hypothetical one shotter must not know about using chase perks, mindgames, doesn't know how to run tiles correctly, and just tunnels 1 person for 5 gens through god windows. Anyone who thinks a killer who gets free damage is bad is only comparing him against the best of the best red rank SWFs all running 4x second chance perks. Nobody stops to think how it will play out in your ordinary game, because you don't remember those games. Only the ones where you got stomped on by a SWF.

But honestly this one shotter is already in the game, and his name is Billy. And he comes with insane map pressure and 115 as well.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

@BigBrainMegMain

Unless a survivor royally messes up, a killer rarely gets a "free hit". All 110% movement speed killers have something to assist them to down survivors easier and with the majority of them it can be used as a mind game, this is most noticed on Spirit and Deathslinger. The only reason why Deathslinger can get so many M1's is the fear that they'll get speared. I've noticed they're just swerving or randomly turning left or right to try to predict when he's gonna shoot which ultimately makes them lose distance thus lending him a free hit. Would a 110% with insta down be overpowered? No, they would be effective against newer players but very ineffective against experienced. If you're thinking of a 4 man team with actual experience (not somebody with 50 hours and who magically climbed up to rank 1). They would consistently stomp a killer like this. Some loops are almost infinites for 110% and some are actual infinites as they're not fast enough to get bloodlust.

Would it be the weakest? No. Would it be the strongest? No.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

The OP did ask where the HoS (hypthetical one shotter) would fit in a tierlist so it's only fair to assume opposing survivors have atleast some clue what they are doing

Once again the closest thing that resembles this is Plague and Legion where the survivors stay injured all game

And they are 115ms killers that have stall/ a strong ranged attack for atleast a minute and are ussualy conciddert mediocre for most people. Even with proper mind games chase perks and running tiles correctly.

Note i'm not saying it's impossible to win with the HoS. Just that if you won with him you probably could have done the same if not better with the above mentioned killers. which once again are not concidert the best

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

People comparing him with plague forget that you can still use dead hard so i think the killer would be a little stronger

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

That would be the lamest killer in history. I would also say it's overpowered.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

OP vs 90% of the survivor population, UP against the other 10%.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

110% killers usually don’t chase survivors the same as others. You can loop 4 or 5 more times around certain places because of this speed.

But if you use PWYF and get that extra movement speed your basically have a permanent tier 3 miers whose even more powerful.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

Pyramid head, 110%, every 20 seconds he can swing with an insta down or take out a pallet, reduced recovery from hit or no recovery time at all, otherwise no way to hit survivors. With M2 he can completely and instantly remove his terror radius for 5 seconds, 40 second cooldown.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

I hate instant down killers. I think they take away the main element of the game. Not saying that they're broken, because most of them have weaknesses. But DBD is pretty much like a game of tag. And when you take away chases from the game it's just kinda not the same game.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

It's definitely an interesting thought. But I think it would be likely to be overpowered. If we assume a 24m TR M&A knocks it down to 16. Which is really tiny. Then I'd personally run Brutal, Enduring, Spirit Fury. Depending on the map, you get easy hits because they were out of position. Or you shred through pallets like they're nothing.

As a side question. What the killer addons do? At this point there power is always active. So addons would have no use.

While interesting, I'd say it's probably a really bad idea.