The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This just isnt fair at this point

matchmakingworksfine
matchmakingworksfine Member Posts: 240
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

Is there such a lack of killers on console that me? A level 8? Had to go against this level of inexperienced players? This is in no way fair for them. The ruin nerf didnt help new players. It killed off so many killers it did the exact opposite. If any of the players from that match see this. I'm sorry matchmaking had to put you through this

Post edited by matchmakingworksfine on

Comments

• Kon
    Kon Member Posts: 76

for real, my lvl 13 killer (cause i only dbl hook and dont kill cause im kinda meh) had to go against a swf of all rank 2's just yesterday

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

I'm having the opposite issue tonight. Earlier, I was playing with some friends. I'm rank 10, one friend is rank 11, and the other is rank 16. Went up against 6 rank 20 killers in a row that had nothing equipped.

• MorsNoxFleuret
    MorsNoxFleuret Member Posts: 16

Its within the +/- 6 queue, if you lost all I can say is git gud and that's from a survivor main

• MorsNoxFleuret
    MorsNoxFleuret Member Posts: 16

My bad didn't see that rank 17 I redact my last comment lol

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

You should probably censor the names before the mods see this and give you a warning

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

Why, this isnt naming and shaming?

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Yeah, it's the other way around on PC.

Fairly often my rank 17 killer will get a lobby of "2, 4, 8, 15" or something similar. And it's not even a long queue, so it's clear that the matchmaking is doing this intentionally. Probably basing it off the lowest rank person in the group.

I suppose the only blessing is that when they realize I'm not going to kill them they spend so much time teabagging and clicking flashlights and goofing off that I still get a fair amount of BP. I guess.

• Brendan_12
    Brendan_12 Member Posts: 23

Though it is good of you to point out the imbalance - as a mainly survivor player on console - I have got to say it doesn't really matter. Its a bit of fun. Also, think of the experience they're getting by playing off against you. It will give them an insight. And if they can't handle being hooked and killed, is this the game for them?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2020

The ranking system in this game is a joke. It reflects time played that month rather than actual skill. Reset used to set you back farther than it does now. A r1 would be sent back to r10. Then they changed it to try to keep the red ranks out of new player matches. Then the ruin nerf came. It made survivors job easier so more survivors ranked up. Killers have been leaving in droves so there's a shortage. Now MM ignores rank and throws the first available killer at the 4 survivors that have been waiting the longest. Rank be damned. The way MM is right now. I can't imagine this game keeping any new players. If I just got this game and that was my first match, id get a refund.

• Claymoreking
    Claymoreking Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2020

Hmm I am only lvl15 because I do not junk this game my rank sinks because I'm afk but doesn't mean I'm bad.

I would prefer to play against lvl2 killer instead of waiting 40min for getting in a lobby or find a killer

• xXPoultrygeistXx
    xXPoultrygeistXx Member Posts: 1

Matchmaking it's on one lately. I'm assuming it's because they're doing some reworking of it to save on que times. My matches have started much faster lately (console), but I agree it's a little wonky. Example, I just started playing killer, I just purchased the game in the past few months. My 10th match as killer (rank 17) i got matched with 7,7,7,4, and I'm pretty sure you already know what happened. But I'll stick with it, never get any better killing lower ranks really

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Honestly as Killer main, if I know ranking overall on Survivors (I mean no need to specific, but able to know the average Rank of 4 Survivors, I will pick Killer - addon - perk that to fit in with the game.

I feel so bad when I go so hard to just see 4x below Rank 13, or try to meme around and get 4x Red rank

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

He's the killer in this situation, judging by the highlight. The only one within +/- 6 is the one guy who DCed. Not to mention, it's not uncommon to see this same thing, but we'll beyond 6 levels. I've seen people still in the newbie basement against red ranks.

Either way, you missed more than the 17, as the 20 and 16 are also outside 6 ranks.

• finitethrills

Because there's NO shaming going on at all?

He's the killer and lamenting that he got matched to a bunch of low ranking potatoes, which wasn't very fair to THEM.

That being said, yes, he should probably edit out names so as not to get in trouble.

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281

I play ps4 as well and there is a huge lack of killers. It takes usually more than 10 minutes to get into a survivor lobby whereas killer is almost instant. Makes it not worth playing because of the amount of time you have to wait.

I think you misinterpreted that, theyre agreeing with what you're saying

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

There's new ways to use ruin in conjunction with other perks now. As for the longer que times i'd say a lot enjoy the ptb better with the new map changes. There's a lot of surv exploits rn

• finitethrills

You're correct, I read that as "why isn't this naming and shaming", my bad. Thanks for pointing that out.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited April 2020

Yeah I'm a brand new player to both killer and survivor and last night we got ranked with a killer that was clearly out of our league so I feel your pain. Some players may say use this opportunity to "get good", but it's hard to "get good" when you're getting wrecked match after match because you don't have the experience or the perks to barely last 5 minutes. This is what causes multiplayer only games to have dwindling player bases.

• SpookyMeerkat
    SpookyMeerkat Member Posts: 23

This absolutely. If you are brand new and have no idea how looping and such work. How are you to learn at all if much more skilled killers down you in 2 seconds. You can't get good if there is no opportunity to learn.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Sometimes when a killer finds me he stays on me the entire time. My team tries to take hits but he just refuses to hit them. And then I get hate messages saying that I bullied him. The killers I face are good its just that they shouldnt chase someone for that long. I barely get points and the killer depips. So who won?

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited April 2020

I had a match against leatherface and the person playing as leatherface camped each player he hooked. Once we realized what he was doing we just informed the last surviving member to just go for the hatch because the killer isn't giving us a chance to play the game any more. When the match was done he was ranked 9 versus our levels of 18, 19, and 20. Now I see how he got to be so high in level.

But as much as I want to be angry at his preferred play style, I was more upset with the matchmaking system. Had the matchmaking system been better, we never would have faced someone like that.

Post edited by SweetTerror on
  • ZackSax
    ZackSax Member Posts: 18

I would have been happy to go against these Survivors lmao.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

This is true. That play style is really stupid and takes no skill at all but matchmaking needs to change, I dont want any more killers saying that I make their gameplay hell for them when they refuse to go after anyone else!

• matchmakingworksfine

Oh yeah i was gonna say lol I wasnt one of the survivors

• karlofflugosi
    karlofflugosi Member Posts: 63

My experienceis the opposite. I'm a lvl 15 to 17 killer (usually) that constantly gets paired with lvl 2 to 5 swf squads. Thats a lot of fun for a casual player. Not.

• matchmakingworksfine
    edited April 2020

I mean. I wasnt shaming the survivrors or bragging about the 4k. I felt genuinely bad for these guys because of how badly matchmaking was for them. This wasnt a shame post or anything. What even made you think that?

• matchmakingworksfine

where did I ever shame the survivors? I'm pointing out how bad the matchmaking is on ps4 and the huge lack of killers

• DeadbyDeathGarden
    DeadbyDeathGarden Member Posts: 117

He's actually apologising to the people not shaming them, he's pointing them out thus naming and improving.

• matchmakingworksfine

Finally. Someone that can tell I'm being sympathetic to them.

• DeadbyDeathGarden
    DeadbyDeathGarden Member Posts: 117

It's not that hard to tell mate but some people are a bit dumb, smh

• FixUrGame
    FixUrGame Member Posts: 5

Fr his picture is always the opposite for me im a rank 11 killer and get red ranks almost every game to go against.its always appaling to me when they send hate messages when I happen to get a 4 k as well.

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

I'm not sure what they can do about matchmaking without drastically increasing queue times. Hopefully there is a solution, and I remain optimistic about the changes coming to matchmaking soon.

• Jollykins
    Jollykins Member Posts: 43

I don't even attempt to play killer anymore. No amount of easy daily rituals will make me want to play it otherwise. I play so little as killer than it remains at rank 20 but I face red rank survivors who BM the everliving hell out of me. They don't even know I'm a fellow survivor just trying to unlock some lore. The ranks are so garbage, I can't stand playing killer anymore, I can't imagine anyone who enjoys it. I don't want any new killers or survivors, I just want the game to work😤

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

75% of my matches are like this. It's frustrating, and discouraging. The +/-6 thing is a joke. I'm going to quote what someone else has said recently. Red should be paired with red and purple. Purple with purple and green. Green with green and yellow. Yellow with yellow and brown.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

The game is starting to not be enjoyable. I have to convince myself it is because I love it so much. But a lot of the time I wouldn't consider my experience fun by any means. The queue's for survivor are ridiculously long. So I main killer. I used to go back and forth,but I just don't have the time or patience to sit and wait ten minutes.

As a killer I'm pretty much gauranteed to lose. If I play "fair" someone is escaping, really doesn't matter who I pick or what I do. I don't think I can get any more "gud". Everyone has their peak. I don't have all the killers or all the perks for everyone. The only time I get a 4k or do decent,is if the game matches me against players of my rank (green) or below. Might kill a red here and there.

I just don't buy the whole "rank doesn't mean anything" deal anymore. At the very least the reds are dedicated players that get more game time or wins. But its usually they know every trick in the book,and will use any exploit or mechanic to their advantage,and then act a fool on top of it. It just gets old.

I've learned a lot though,so I don't totally disagree with everyone. And I continue to come back and play and buy the rift passes and all that stuff,lol. Just kinda wish the matchmaking worked a different way.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

I dont understand youre line of thinking because if they could git gud they wlike be higher rank I have had some crap teammates because of bad matchmaking and really a 6 rank difference is crap matchmaking we need to be with people of same rank of possible because skill in ranks is a thing a rank 20 or even 13 wont be as good as a red rank unless they are smurfing rank matters more than people say it doesn't matter when in the same color

• The_architect
    The_architect Member Posts: 120

As a killer main (legion main) * screams of rage* yes, i know, i suck. But i keep my rank at 20 for my level 24 legion, but thats because i don't go for completions, i give the survivors a chance, so who ever is the last survivor, wins, that's if i get the rest, and if they unhook a person i camp *INTENSE RAGE* i let them go, for my bad skill. or there great skill don't care to much, see i know legion is broken, so i play him in a passive manner, (and don't use cancer perks, like barbecue and chilli, or whatever. I play the game of, TAX, which is another word for you unhook you pay half your life, then i let them go........yeah, sorry guys, but the killers are in a state of cancer (oni,nurse,spirit,)

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

It's still not matchmakings fault you get killers like that. Some people just prefer to play like that even when they're decent, happens a lot even when you're matched properly unfortunately. Especially if they get upset during a match for any reason, they'll go from normal game play to '######### you, I'm securing a kill'.

Had a spirit tunneling my whole team off hook (solo) so when she missed a hit on one I clicked my flashlight at her to steer her away from the freshly unhooked teammate as she hadn't chased or hooked me once all game. Long story short, I needed to leave to go to work so I let her have me. At this point the last gen had been done and the only other teammate left that I had saved from being tunneled earlier had a door 99'd. I could have ran her more, but she proceeds to message me and brag about how good she was because she caught me after what felt like a 10 minute chase and 'that's what you get for clicking your flashlight' as if me doing that was the worst thing that happened in that match. Lmao.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

bullying a killer... you need help. You’re given Mori’s, speed, ez one hit down abilities and you’re talking about getting bullied 😂 just improve your skill please.

• SurviveByDaylight

I don’t know why they haven’t done anything to help out survivors particularly solo play. It’s infuriating that they implement ban systems for a game that we can still just hook suicide. Which tells me the ban system is a killer buff 🤷‍♂️ It’s all I’ve seen recently. Iridescent hatchets/infantry belt. Mori. It sucks because I haven’t really had fun with this game as much as I have had games that are fun while playing survivor. The ratio is off to me. I don’t know why they hand bad killers ez victories 😂 oh wait.. they complain.

• SurviveByDaylight

Or you can learn better tactics and win. Hag is middle tier anyways which is what I think you used? She’s good at cutting off hook rescueS and loops. But There are killers that need to be nerfed like the huntress and her 3 iri heads every locker reload. or just the ebony Mori’s :)

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I'll quote this the next thread about survivors whining about camping, tunneling, noed, ruin, X killer ect. Oh wait that's right. Survivors don't have to improve their skill. The devs cater to them. Silly me >.>

• Pulvoriser
    Pulvoriser Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2020

I play ps4 and it's awful. 10min wait times for survivor but almost instantly for killers. Rank 16 to 17 killer and I normally end up with four rank 5s and lower, It's pretty bad because you almost can't fight against them, and if you do manage to kill one you get accused of camping (even if you dont) and told off generally, all while they teabag and light you, but with how they play and the disadvantages you sometimes do have to camp. I've taken to playing leatherface and chainsawing anyone near me just to prove a point with some of these people.

I'm a level 11 survivor so I know the struggle, I understand why killers have to play dirty, I've never taken to trolling a killer, and I've never had a killer give me mean messages. This game is very survival based.

• matchmakingworksfine

Yes because it is hard to play as a 4 man swf running 4 toolboxes and locker perks. This is a thread about matchmaking. Not a vent session for your frustrations with survivor the easiest thing to play in the game

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315

Look at this

• Achioino
    Achioino Member Posts: 11

Any reason the game isnt cross platform? I feel like the que issues would be solved if so... At least maybe for consoles excluding xbox. Since microsoft is pretty **** about cross platforming.