Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dedicated xbox

Thank you devs! Games been great this weekend. Ping has been awesome, had just a little lag on Thompson's house playing huntress but nothing like it was before.

Appreciate the upgrade!

Comments

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253

Ok so im not trying to be rude but just wait about two weeks or so then youll see why people say they got dedicated so much. Honestly the servers are anoying most of the time.

• Deoblo
    Deoblo Member Posts: 27

Idk what servers YOU guys are playing on, but EVERYONE in my circle has stopped playing. Survivor side is frustrating because the hits that land are questionable. As the killer, hits become whiffs and the nurse travels 2 feet with a fully charged blink. Who cares though? The devs are forcing it on us anyway. In reality, they're just forcing us to play other games. 🤷‍♂️

• chaosdriver
    chaosdriver Member Posts: 74

I love the dedicated servers on xbox! Thanks devs! My only complaint is the fps drops when something happens like bloodlust or haunted grounds getting activated.

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169

I want your servers.. As survivor I have to now deal with being matched to rank 16+ killers at rank 10 with a 10 minute wait time and hits that should not have registered. As a Killer, I can no longer tell when I'm facing an SWF or not, and am being matched with rank 13s and 16s when I'm rank 1. It's irritating no matter what I do. And that's when I'm sitting at around 50ms.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Dont kniw about the nurse but all that was happening before the servers

Matchmaking has nothing to do with servers. Matchmaking sucks regardless.

Everyone not on xbox has been on dedicated servers for months now. Everyone I think has forgotten what it was like before.

My games both survivor and killer have been much better overall experiences. Whatever they did during the time they disabled them to now has been great. Not being a cheerleader just giving credit where its due. If things change i will be on here talking about it. For now though, great job devs!

• Deoblo
    Deoblo Member Posts: 27

@csandman1977 I tried about 5 games as survivor last night. It wasn't too bad. I woke up and played a killer match.... if only bhvr let us upload vids....#feelsbadman

Yes, mishaps happened before, but we had a choice to play on the displayed ping. It's more frustrating when I'm looking at good latency displays, yet the gameplay doesn't correspond.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

i havent played the game since just before the servers dropped, seeing this post fills me with joy tbh. i often see so many PC/PS4 players say its terrible but honestly without i got so many bad connection games and the average ping id get was 150ms and some times alot worse, people need to understand servers are never perfect and things can happen. ill be looking forward to playing the new tome on dedicated along side DC bans! honestly so happy

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Like I said, and i can only go by my own experiences, i havent gotten anything really bad. I had one game as huntress where a meg was twitching around, but all the other survivors weren't. I am not going to say that's the server when only 1 person was affected.

Are there fram drops? Oh yes. But they are less frequent than before. Now i don't have very many games on servers. I haven't been playing much since i completed the last tome.

If they get unplayable like alot of people say they are i will of course report that. I love this game but am not beholden to this company. Im just a consumer that wants an enjoyable hobby.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Matchmaking does have something do with servers has you can only play with people on the same server.

Depending on the region/area can be less people, also leading to less people in specific ranks = to possible longer queues

• Mikey4Hire
    Mikey4Hire Member Posts: 271

Yeah, I get hit when killers are 20 feet away and running into a wall. Good job devs!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

They feel better than last time, but there are still a lot of stupid things that happen. I was playing Billy and just passed through a survivor with my chainsaw and hit a wall. I've been hit from 10m away as survivor. One game I got booted after I got desync'ed and the killer downed me no where near where I actually was, I teleport downstairs when he picked me up, could not wiggle, then the game boots me and gives me a timeout for quitting. Complete BS.

I am happy for quit penalties but when the game ######### up and punishes you that's really ######### stupid.

• SeeYoureWrong
    SeeYoureWrong Member Posts: 88

It’s a mixed bag for me. On one hand I’m not rubber banding so much anymore. On the other hand, I’m having Dwight body block and I get hit from 5 feet away

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

It's great, a few times there's been some weird stuff, maybe like a ping spike where i'll see someone get downed from 20 yards away but having 38 ping a game is much better than the 150ms i'd get on a killer. Let's hope we can get crossplay next!