We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Can we please do something about hatch 'tech?'

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Not only did I have to deal with the god loop in Rancid Abattor AND a SWF, but then I had the dcing for the hatch. Black pipped, though I would have pipped with one more hook. Didn't the devs say something about husks or something when somebody dc's? I know the dc timers were put in place for this, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Comments

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I personally would prefer old hatch back. The test of wills was fun IMO.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I do also think that these scenarios of giving someone the hatch by dcing is not a big deal at all, especially when the killer is slugging for the 4k. But are you seriously calling a killer in this game now toxic? Like, are we seriously at this point where people are now blamed to be toxic for playing a certain killer? Like what the hell? How can a killer that you are allowed to play as in the game be toxic?

Also, you can technically heal against Plague, you just have to use the fountains on a map, instead of healing normally. That's what her design is about. You can heal, and pretty fast, but you give Plague access to her very strong power in return.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

People snap at me because i hate on survivors entitlement way more than killers. But this entire thread is the reson why. "ItS oK To dC bEcAuSe YoU mUsT hAvE sLuGgEd FoR 4k TrAsH kIlLeR bAD" If you DC as second to last kill, and the hatch would normally spawn it should either do one of two things,

1. Not spawn (Unfair for Survivor but more fair for killer)

Or

2. Carry double the penalty of a normal DC (Unfair for the killer because of niche situations like this, however the increased penalty will help more v cucking)

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Popping that last gen is lazy and cheap. The killer didnt lose. They just got ######### over.

No one is entitled to a win. Everyone is trying to do their objectives as well as possible. Survivors try to escape. Killers try to kill. A killer attempting to do his objective goes from a 3-4k win to a tie because a survivir decided to be a ######### and break rules that are enforced with play time bans is supposed to be ok?

You Dont like being slugged? I get it. But its not cheating its not toxic its not unsportsmanlike. Its a built in part of the game.

The outcry would be even worse if killers constantly dc'd before gates were open.

Yes some do and they should be punished. But unlike dc'ing for hatch, it's not actively encouraged and justified

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

Honestly if you slug third survivor for 4k it's extremely sweaty, so don't be surprised if other party is using sweaty tactics as well. I personally think survivor should have option to die in that situation and take their points and move to the next game

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,157

I don't like it but I'm not going to blame a survivor for saying "######### this ######### I'm out" at the end like that.

I don't want to lie there for four minutes when the game is over (especially if it's the last game of the night or something). I get it's a "legit tactic" for the killer to do it but to be blunt, it's a really dumb design that should probably be addressed one day by the devs.

• unlit101
    unlit101 Member Posts: 1

Well I don't know how this app works put I think this is where you post anyways I thought you meant hatch hatch tech for a killer where you block the hatch and exit gates that reset themselves it's and easy win but it's not big of a deal if they dc or loop you it's your fault and if your that mad then play another game seems like you don't have fun

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

"How dare a player complain that the opponent dc's to give their teammates an advantage, or even a free escape!"

Seriously, I find slugging for the 4k super boring, too. Just make the difference in points between a 3k and a 4k irrelevant, and everybody can move on to the next match.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,480
    edited April 2020

Imagine thinking slugging which is a viable strategy amounts to dcing which is a exploit by the devs. They exploited and should be banned appropriately. He did nothing wrong he didnt abuse the game.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,480
    edited April 2020

Imagine if your team does bad you think you deserve a free escape and then when the killer attempts to deny that you exploit (and yes the devs have called this a exploit so you are cheating) to screw the killer out of a bunch of points and possibly a pip. Like it or not he did nothing wrong sluggings a strategy you have unbreakable and adrenaline. Dcing to give hatch is a exploit. And the rules thing? Well theres 2 survivors alive if im slugging so the hatch doesn't open. Once i kill the other person then itll open ill come over grab the downed person and put them on the hook. I did nothing wrong.

• Kakateve
    Kakateve Member Posts: 287

Nothing is sweaty about doing your objective. The killer have the right to decide whenever the last survivor deserved the hatch or not. (With 5 gens left, there is no way any of the suckers gonna escape). But disconnecting to give your piss poor teammate the hatch, is not a tactic but the most stupid thing ever. Anyone who think that’s fine should seek education.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120

Lol depending on the killer its the best way to 4k. Dont wanna get slugged? Bring unbreakable 4head. And i agree i still get people dcing in my games all the time. People who will leave just to deny the killer the extra points towards the pip is a real thing.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120

If he kills and downs everyone than i would say hes earned it. Especially on a map with so many absurdly good loops.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602

Even without slugging, they still DC to give hatch.

I had a match last week against an over confident SWF. Sacrificed two of them and then started to chase the third. She ran into the corner of the map into a dead area and before I could down her, she DCs. After running around I found the last person on the other side of the map dancing on the hatch.

The claudette purposely led me to a nothing area to DC so her friend gets out? Long live the unsporting behavior in DBD!

• TheObamacare
    TheObamacare Member Posts: 29

*Justifying DC's intensifies* ... Yikes guys.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

I bet the people in these comments would be fine with 3 survivors escaping with a key at 1 gen left because "stop being so entitled you don't need to 4k every game"

The fact that everyone is saying that is completely atrocious as they try to justify their stupid points.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

Why should we have to play around survivors? This is how it goes everytime and the survivors will always win. The survivors need to learn how to play around the killer for once

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Not sure if a husk would help you in this scenario or not. Depends on how fast after the first guy DC'd that the other guy found the hatch. If it was immediate, a husk wouldn't help. But I'm not opposed to killers being allowed to hang a husk.

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99

Yep been there a few times unfortunately.

I just don't get the kind of behaviour I see on dbd. Im a killer main (because frankly I suck at being a survivor lol) but I don't want to slug just to get 4k, I want to have a fun and exciting game-if it means I don't kill everyone then so be it. Do I slug sometimes? Ofcourse I do, it's a strategy-ill leave someone laying there while I go chase others then come back and hook, i won't knock everyone down-but I don't do it just so I can get 4k. Similarly I don't camp hooks but if I happen to turn round and someone is there then I'm going for whoever I reach first. And when I do play survivor I don't mind when I get slugged, I just think my teammates better come help me quickly, it never crosses my mind to dc. It really saddens me that a game which can be so much fun like dbd sometimes gets cheapened

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Whether you think they "slugged for the 4k" or whatever excuse you have to make to say they deserved it, it's sad to try to justify somebody DCing.

That's exactly why these penalties are in place and aren't going away.