What's up with everyone using OoO all of the sudden?

Options
DelsKibara
DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I don't hate going against OoO, in fact I love it because it gives me an extra challenge as a killer. But lately I've been noticing a LOT of people running OoO. I even had 5 games in a ROW where people brought this perk.

Did OoO suddenly become meta or something? Because some of these people who run it aren't even good runners or loopers. Just a genuine question, because this was a weird morning.

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

My buds run OoO while solo queue, (we can't play together because I play on ps4 and he on pc) and well he uses OoO just to practice how to loop and run tiles, maybe that is what is happening to you? People want to practice looping.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Hmm, I do know someone on PS4 who also does that. Maybe that is the case. Still, it is rather strange to find match after match of people using OoO all of the sudden

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

One good reason we should implement balance for SWF so we can stop having that excuse. I'm tired of it too.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Because people love broken perks lol

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251
    Options

People run OOO as a distraction perk in SWF’s (The person who’s really good at chases in the group will most likely be running it to buy time for teammates to do gens)

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623
    Options

Is this just a PC SWF thing? I primarily solo survivor at red rank on PS4, but I never see other survivors use it.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

When I run OoO is because I want to train looping, I'm bad at it and I'm a solo survivor.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

People just realized how broken it is. I'm actually surprised this spike didn't happen earlier.

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198
    Options

I dunno, I find it as a swf perk, but it could just be that people actually want the sight.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

And just how would you do that, because I don't think there is a way..

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

I know there are legitimate reasons against forced voice chat, I think if we at least offer the option and assume everyone uses it and therefor is basically SWF, we can balance the game around that and all survivors are suddenly on an equal playing field theoretically and there's no worry about what's balanced for solo play but busted with SWFx4 abuse.

It's not the only way, just the one I see best right now. I'm sure there's others ways but it can't go on like this. We can't have solo and SWF be so vastly different in experience and strength.

• Fumbipedia
    Fumbipedia Member Posts: 15
    Options

I love using it because doing gens is boring as f*ck. It doesn't really change much for me because there are a lot of killers that play extremely boring and tunnel of off hook. This way I at least get so see what's happening in the match since I'm always solo queueing.

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101
    Options

I've had the same problem. And on top of that, I feel like survs have been just a lil tiny bit extra toxic. And by that I mean every other group has been a nightmare but the remainder have been mostly fine. As a Ghostface main I am not thrilled about the OoO thing. I'm also a returning vet in green ranks and get matched up almost exclusively with rank 1s and rank 2s, and my skills are just really not yet up to snuff for this. It's making playing killer like it was when I stopped playing in January, and I was just starting to think the game was kinda balanced (albeit broken).

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Unlucky. I haven't run into OoO in months.

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75
    Options

Oh ######### i lost uhm uhh "gg swf" cause im defintely just not bad or anything

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75
    Options

I think its funny look at thr profile pictures and i can see the giant divide in opinion before i even see what they said.

• kiku
    kiku Member Posts: 11
    Options

it might be cuz of Otz's stream when he went against swf with one ooo in the team, there was this loong discussion about this perk being toxic, so some people probably run it on purpose to be toxic, now that it was mentioned at stream.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

I've been running OoO in my standard survivor loadout for a while. I enjoy chases and this is a good way to ensure I get chased for most of the match.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

I don't mind voice chat. My squad did it when we played. They have since moved on to other games, so now I solo mostly. I just want the old ruin back, and match making fixed as killer, and teammates that aren't boosted potatoe heads as survivor.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

I've noticed the same and I honestly love it. Before I would guess about 1 percent of my matches had an object user. These people were normally really, really, really good runners. Now many more people are using it and they are flat out horrible at running so they are very easy prey.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
    Options

Can't speak for any other platform other than PS4 but its mostly used by cocky swf. Mostly used by the one who is considered the best looper among the 4. They get your attention and hold it while the others Rush Gen's.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

obviously they wanna get facecamped

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,603
    Options

SWF.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

I don't know but they never run sole survivor.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I use it when I want to get some runs in. I have a strange habit of cranking out 3 gens while never seeing the killer because I tend to run away from healthy teammates. I'm always solo queue, so it's bait or information for me.

• gamemaster1
    gamemaster1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

OoO

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

This ended up on my Google news page, tf?

To answer though, it's an swf powerhouse perk.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Here's the problem with that. If the killer choose's not to entertain the OoO user, than that survivor gets free information to tell their swf. I avoid OoO user's because you ain't getting none with obvious bait, but it put's the killer at a significant disadvantage though. It's why I believe that OoO needs a cooldown since it gives too much information.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Thats the main reason. OoO provides three people wallhacks without downside in a swf.

• GoddamnBananas
    GoddamnBananas Member Posts: 54
    Options

Pretty sure this is just a PC thing. I'm a mostly solo queue player at red ranks on PS4 and I've almost never seen my teammates running it. If a solo queue player DOES run it, it's usually just to take the aggro to make the game more interesting for themselves, since many feel that the chase is the most entertaining part of the game.

• ShadowReaper11
    ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 56
    Options

it is a good way to become better at looping killers and trying out new tricks like the dumb tech

• Zerog
    Zerog Member Posts: 27
    Options

Play ghosgface or other stealthy killer, ergo, suddenly its not such a good perk