Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Easy Nerf to No ED

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

No ED's speed boost activates once the second to last generator is completed and the totem starts to glow. The exposed status doesn't activate until the last generator is complete.

That way there are subtle telltales that No ED is in play. In mid/low ranks, Survivors might not notice and still get punished, but the counterplay will exist so they can only blame themselves. In high ranks, No ED will become a late game slowdown because instead of rushing the last gen the game turns into a totem hunt, which buys the Killer time to take more chases and possibly get more Pops etc.

Comments

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

theres already couterplay with perks to helps and a built-in disadvantage for using it it needs no nerfs

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

This will pretty much not slow them down, as it will be a hidden hex (unless you mean it otherwise, but wouldn't know what should trigger the hex to the survivors, like a skillcheck wouldn't make sense). So they would not know that NOED is active unless they stumble across it by chance, therefore not wastin any time to search for it.

• gatsby

Getting a kill because of the increased movement speed triggers the No ED notification (I know because sometimes injured Survivors go down and everyone still gets the notification of the perk)

• Deadeye

Beneath that, I would prefer Devour Hope over it, because it is the bigger threat with a higher chance to make the difference. NOED might give you the hidden speed boost, but DH gives you the midgame insta downs, and you have round about the same chance of getting the exposed effect activated before it gets cleansed

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Run hope

• Deadeye

A kill? If that is not already at last gen, the game is almost slowed down enough by the kill. That would be rare happenings, where the totem slowdown would make a difference. Still wouldn't choose it over DH

• Deadeye

Thought about it again and I think this version wouldn't fix anything. Currently survivors complain about bad play reward, this has not changed with your version. Killers complain about survivors yelling for ez counter while being too lazy to do totems. If they have a clear sign of NOED, they could simply go on rushing until last gen, could even go on and 99 them and deny the killer the exposed effect, until the totem is cleansed. So they could still be lazy until a point where the game is theoretically lost for the killer, unless he wants to camp his totem and let 3 gens get 99'ed

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

How about making survivors who use DS glow red as long as their DS is active to provide additional counterplay ? Since you as killer can't know which survivors and how many DSes are in a match just like you don't know with NOED so adding this would be just as fair. If you would agree with such change to DS I would be more then happy to agree with yours for NOED.

• Superstar_Saga95
    Superstar_Saga95 Member Posts: 90

I still think adding a totem counter would be a good balancing option. That way saying “do bones” would have more weight to it. With a counter you can also know if your team is doing totems as well.

• gatsby

Honestly, I'd settle for the Obession always being someone with an Obession perk. Right now I think that running Decisive only increases your odds of being the obession by like 3%. It's very, very common for random people to be the Obession right now

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Fine, if nobody else is going to do it, I'll be that guy who makes stupid jokes based on the messed up way they spelled out NOED.

If you want an easy nerf to No ED, then try alcohol. Because it thins the blood it has been known to cause erectile dysfunction, which would successfully nerf any No ED issue with an easy to obtain substance and help provide the ED you're looking for.

• Kebek

I don't care what killers do, if they want to tunnel then so be it. But I would love some kind of notification of when DS expires, it's extremely annoying ot have to count in my head and have to remember each and every survivors I hooked so that I don't accidently get hit by random DS.

Any change to that aspect would be welcomed that wouldn't weaken the perk, only reduce the annoying part of forcing killers to have several countdowns in their heads each time someone gets unhooked.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

Why is this still being talked about I think a mod actually posted in another discussion about why this perk isn't on the list. Anyway Noed is fine the way it is. Most people will break all the totems before endgame any way so its not too much of a factor the only time this perk is complained about is by people who get cocky and gen rush a Killer. Even when I play Survivor and get hit by this perk I feel like I failed to find all the totems. I generally take it upon myself at the last gen to find all the totems on the map.

So in short stop blaming this perk for your negligence.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Just do the damn bones. If you're having THAT much trouble, swap one of your meta perks for Small Game or Detective's Hunch.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I would be all for a 60 second timer over a survivor's icon when they're unhooked, whether or not they have DS of course.

• Kebek

Yes, that would be very nice change. If that got implemented, I would be 100% ok with DS forever. Pity that such slight change to HUD will most likely not happen since devs seem to ignore any QoL for HUD on both sides. It's been so long since any positive changes for HUD even when there are so many things to improve on it.

• Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 90

Nerf NOED? Fine but then DS better stop working once someone else is hooked

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

soooo you want to negate the entire function of it and just have it taken out as soon as the match starts so people can just gen rush without a care in the world.... yeah ok

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Here's an idea, it's crazy but bear with me...

Break Totems.

I also thought it was called NOED because that meant that even though survivors completed the objectives, they still can't escape so easily, but what do I know. *shrugs* Your version should be called NOAED, which sounds silly. Just follow my crazy idea and you won't have to worry about NOED.

• Waffleyumboy

Breaking totems isn't the counter to NOED, also they weren't asking how to counter NOED. They were suggesting a change to the perk to make it feel more fair and interactive. Actual criticism would probably be appreciated, OP gets enough hate as is.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

It is THE counter to NoeD....no totems = no NoeD.

NoeD is a slow down perk, you take the risk by not doing totems, if you do play it save and do totems, that gives the killer some time for an extra hook or 2, that is the point.

• Waffleyumboy

NOED can be countered like any other hex perk or exposed effect. These ways of countering it are way better than its unique way of countering it which is unreliable and like you said still gives the killer an advantage. I'd rather die at the gates to NOED 50% of my games than die with 1 gen left 100% of my games. Even then, NOED is unreliable and in those 50% of NOED games the killer will probably get a kill from it only 10% of the time.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I like the idea of a totem counter baring two things.

1. The buff for kniwing how many are left (while not huge) should be ofset by something, what i dunno but it is a lot of information when there are.perks to find them.

2. I feel that it wont stop people from complaining about doing totems, all it will do is change the complaining from "Totems are hidden to well and noone does them" to " uuugghhh totems are boring and hard why should i have to worry about it just remove the totems cause its unfair that we have to do 5 whole totems and 5 whole generators"

could be wrong but i see a lit of complaint abuse with it