which survivor would you meet in real life if you could?

toxicmegg
toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

which survivor in lore is your "favorite" as a person? who seems like a great person? who has the best backstory? who is someone you'd really like to meet and talk to and why? and who do you dislike the most regarding to their personality/lore?

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,209

Favorite - Probably Adam.

Great Person - Again, Adam. If the Entity didn't take him, he would have given his life to save that girl, even when he JUST got his life figured out.

Best Backstory - Kate, by a fairly large margin. Although, if we exclude the Archives, I would say Jane.

Meet - Min (NOT FENG PEOPLE). We have pretty similar personalities (lone wolf gamers). In addition, I know three people that could help me speak to her in her native language (and vice versa).

Dislike Personality - David King and Steve. Jocks and I do not tend to get along.

Dislike Lore - I know I said that if it wasn't for the Archives, I would say Jane was one of the best. However, her Archive (or at least where I am) is a massive social justice fever dream that leaves a horrible taste behind. I gave Yui a pass because 1. It was BHVR's first foray into it and 2. Yui actually still feels human. And I'm noticing something. Jane was a famous celebrity. People played a lot of Jane. Yui is a celebrity. Zarina is somewhat of a celebrity. Yui delved into social justice and political commentary. People played a lot of Yui. Zarina and Jane are now delving into political commentary and, in Jane's case, social justice. BHVR, this is NOT why people play these characters. They play Yui because she's kind of cute (IMO). They play Jane because... do I even NEED to say why? All of these correlate to why I dislike Jane the most lorewise (not saying she has the worst lore, since that honor goes to Meg, Nancy, Laurie and Steve, but I dislike hers the most).

• Dwight seems like a nice guy.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

Favourite's Jeff.

Adam's probably who I'd rank as the best person.

Best backstory's a bit tough but I think I like Jeff's the most. It's simple, humble, and short but gets everything about him across pretty nice.

Regarding meeting someone, Feng Min would be cool due to obvious interests overlap and I think that's the answer you'd get from most other people here too, but Claudette would also be pretty cool IMO, even if her main hobby is collecting spores, mold, and fungus. Ash would also be neat, even if the encounter would certainly involve my death at the hands of Deadites at some point.

Dislike re. personality, this might be in-game stuff clouding my POV but Nea kinda seems like a jackass. Tapp would also probably be on the boring side to hang out with. Even though someone like David King is a jerk outwardly his whole compassionate interior shtick would probably make him good for a few drinks or something.

Dislike re. lore, imma be controversial and say that Kate has always felt too perfect and one-note to me.

• Richel
    Richel Member Posts: 39

I need to say as a main Kate, that I agree with u, seriously. I really hope that the archives bring us something dark about her "shiny and perfect" life (boriiiiiing).

• Monfuiser
    Monfuiser Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2020

Favorite- Quentin

Best person- Kate or Adam, Kate is perfect while Adam risked his life for a little girl.

Favorite Backstory- David’s if we include archives because that gasoline trick he did was super badass. No archives, Ace because I like he was just running from the mafia.

Meet- Min has interest in video games, but I think she is too cold to people so maybe Dwight because he has nerdy interests but a little nicer.

Worst personality- I don’t hate any survivor but I think I have to go with Min because of her not helping people in danger.

Worst Lore- Jane’s archive is too political for me and isn’t fun to listen to at all. Worst backstory is Nancy and Steve’s.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I don't want a survivor, I want Myers.

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

Everyone's thirsting over David so much that they forget how much of a butthole he is. And I think that discussing social justice issues suits Jane. She's a female minority with her own TV show who likes to discuss controversial topics, she's bound to talk about social justice. And after reading her tome, I don't think it was actually executed all that bad. Most of what happens in it are things that have happened and will happen in real life. I can understand how frustrated she felt when the play director asked her to perpetuate a stereotype, something that she had tried so hard to avoid doing in the past to the point of turning down career opportunities even though acting was her lifelong dream. People go through this sort of thing all the time, and it's reassuring to see popular characters go through the same things that they go through.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,209

When I typed my rant on Jane, I was only on part four of her Archive, before she got the job. After completing it, my opinion has shifted a bit (I mean, it's still my least favorite Archive, but not to the degree it was at). I like how it connected to her being the host of Quick Talk at the end. I feel Dwayne's political commentary on minority films was actually pretty well done. And I like how Jane didn't sell out at the end. Those things saved it from being a complete dumpster fire.

But there are things that still irritate me. If she was a halfway decent actress, she shouldn't have the trouble she does getting a non-stereotypical role. This tells me one of two things: either she's not a good actress and doesn't want to admit it OR she has an atrocious agent that needs to be fired immediately (I want to say it's the latter). The director's actions were also straight up infuriating. It's the day before opening night, and NOW you decide to turn a major character into comic relief with an accent (which isn't even close to comedy, by the way, given it's how people actually talk)? What drugs did he take that made this look like a good idea?

Those points make me stand by my original statement of Jane being my least favorite lorewise, but not to the degree that she was before. Not even close.

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

The point of only getting minority roles was that she kept getting typecasted into stereotypical minority roles. I very much doubt that Jane Romero is a bad actor seeing how famous she is, so I think your theory about the agent sucking is probably true. And yes, the director did think it would be a good idea to give Jane an accent before opening night, since he actually did that. He probably thought that it was just a small change to improve the play's overall quality, not nonchalantly mocking an entire race of people. People think like that. Other than those two things, I don't really know why you disliked Jane's tome.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Jeff, to hang around.

Feng, Kate, Yui and Jane, for science.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Great person to hang out - Jeff and Min.

Best lore - I'd say Jeff again. It's well-written, appealing and charming in its own way.

Best personality - Bill. Literally sacrificed himself for his friends without hesitation and died horribly. Badass asf.

2-d place probably goes for Steve. Guy is walking meme, if you watched the show.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

Ash and Jeff. Jeff is painter Jesus and Ash is Bruce Campbell, arguments automatically invalid.

• Crackgear
    Crackgear Member Posts: 279

As I am a musician and an artist , i tend to travel alot ...mostly from town to town or city to city.

I f i was rebellious and was aroud Kate's year , I would definetely have met her. Or fast forward to present, visit her memorial or learn about her past .

Second would be Jeff as he is an Artist like me , we could share a couple of art opinions and a cold one , while we chill towards the cold mountains of the alps.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Definitely Kate, I would marry a girl like her.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2020

David because he's

jkjkjk

No, from his character description he sounds like a great guy and his personality type sounds like some people I know irl, he'd be the cool and open minded person who'd interactact with me and not judge me for being weird or different.

I'd probably get to know Feng too. Maybe we'd play games together or do game tournaments. Would probably chat and hangout in her discord chat. Talk about how much we're loving Chromaitca and telling all friends and fans to go stream Sour Candy and the rest of the album.

Frank and Julie sound exactly like the type of people who'd exploit my personality and insecurities into their little cult. lol.

Post edited by mistar_z on
  • Saucynuggets43
    Saucynuggets43 Member Posts: 22

Steve. I would meet him because first of all he’s Steve frickin Harrington. And he seems like an overall funny and cool guy to hang around. At least when he isn’t a jock.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

Well, technically you can meet the licensed characters like Laurie Strode (Jaimie Lee Curtis), Steve Harrington (Joe Kerry) or Ash Williams (Bruce Campbell).

• MisterNegatives
    MisterNegatives Member Posts: 32
  • Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Steve doesn't look like a funny guy. He looks like he'd say something thats funny in his head, but in reality no one laughs.

• SeeYoureWrong
    SeeYoureWrong Member Posts: 88

I think Claudette is my favorite, purely because how much of a personality similarity we have. Contrary to everyone who plays her, she's really introverted and prefers to not get into the heat of things? I guess? The best personality to me is Jane. She's sympathetic according to Solidarity and she's a brave soul, determined and always looking forward, like with Head On and Poised. The next one is probably Adam to me. He had humble beginnings and almost died trying to save someone he didn't know. A man pure of heart **unlike people who play him**. And I think I wouldn't like David because of my own principles

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2020

Jeff and Jake, they seem like nice guys.

Someone who I wouldn't want to meet is David King and Ash. The former is kind of a terrible person and a criminal, the latter is a huge moron.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

Ash, Steve and Cheryl i really love them!

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715