Matchmaking Bans

ButThatBootyTho
ButThatBootyTho Member Posts: 8
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

This is the most stupidest thing you guys added ever. If people quit because killers are toxic than that’s fine let them leave. No killer plays by the rules unlike me where I make it fair. I don’t camp or tunnel survivors unlike majority of the people in this game. Maybe fix some things on the killers end or bump up the hook escape to 50%. But please take out this ban for the survivor side of it or add reasons of why u left. I hate getting a ban when u have to use the bathroom so u don’t wanna sit there in afk and let the killer get a free kill.

Comments

• ButThatBootyTho
    ButThatBootyTho Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2020

This is absolutely the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in gaming. Getting banned for Dcing because killers are camping or being toxic is not acceptable. The killers should only have this banned thing if they quit not survivors. Maybe u should fix your gameplay and issues to make it more balanced. I mean people go to college to learn this ######### but don’t do anything when they get a job is pathetic. Might as well sign this games rights to Naughty Dog or Sony to run if you guys can’t keep updating this game and letting run poorly especially trying to join a lobby with friends and it keeps kicking u out all the time. I hope u lose thousands of fans for this game than maybe it’ll teach yeah to use your heads.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

Easy solution is to remove self unhook by default, allowing it only by Deliverance, and force people to learn how to play this game with three randos :)

I've been playing a lot of solo Survivor recently and most matches are straight up ruined by the first guy caught in a chase suiciding on first hook because he does not want to play against Spirit or some dumb reason like that.

"No killer plays by the rules unlike me where I make it fair" makes me think this is a bait post but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt today, Mr. New Account.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Actually I think that people like OP are fine to get banned. If I read that people DC because they go to the toilet...

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Killers don't have any rules. Remember that.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

As a survivor mainly, i want those banns. Because whatever you think, you dont hurt the killer by dc´ing. You hurt your team. And they wait 20 minutes for a game as well, and when you just dc, they lost as well most of the time.

The killer just benefits from you dc´ing, even if he loses a stack of bbq and some hooking points (unless you give the last survivor the hatch this way, then he loses more)

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

If you don't like being tunnelled and camped then DC. If you don't like the killer/survivor, DC. If you don't like a Map/Addon/perk/item.....you can still DC. The option is still there for you. However as with all things in life for adults, there are now consequences for that, and I hope like heck they keep it that way.

I'm sick of ending up 3 or two men teams because someone threw a hissy fit and DC's. Fed up of the rare time i play killer and someone DC's because they got found first. For the killers that DON'T tunnel and camp, and there are plenty, they still got DC'd on multiple times because people don't like losing. Same with killers who did it when the 5th gen went off.

You all have the ability to DC, and unless you're doing it every game, it's a minor penalty at that. I'll take a few minute ban for a legitimate time out or internet blip, rather than go back to the old mess.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited March 2020

If you really need to use the bathroom, five minutes shouldn't be a big deal. By the time you come back, the timer will be almost over anyway. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly to be sure.

And why does it matter if you give the killer a free kill instead of disconnecting? It doesn't hurt you, it's better for both the killer and the rest of your team, and you'll be able to get right back to playing when you come back from your extremely short bathroom break.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

This.

As killer I hate it when someone dc's because I know I'm going to catch flak from the remaining survivors. "Your teammate screwed you over. Why are you yelling at me?" It also hurts my pips but I don't care about that. I got my r1 achievement and MM puts me against any and everyone so my rank means nothing to me.

As for ban victims. If you quit during a match, I don't want you in this game. The only time I consider it acceptable to quit is if someone is "actually" hacking/cheating or real life stuff happened(bathroom). I say "actually" cheating because there is a ton of stuff that is perfectly legit but people think it's cheating. Like tunneling/camping/NOED/hitting the survivors. If the devs have to come out and say "These are not re-portable offenses" you know people are sore losers. Or there's some really suspicious stuff that looks like hacking but it could be technical issues. In like 800 hours I put into this game I've only reported like 2 people for hacking. It was blatantly clear they were. At the same I've seen dozens of odd looking stuff that made me suspect something but not enough to believe someone was cheating.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

OP is exactly the reason why we have disconnecting bans. "I dont like how you play the game so I'm quitting." What are you, 12 years old? How about improvising? If the killer camps, go rush gens.

I play a pretty equal amount of killer and survivor and have NEVER quit a match...even when the other players are playing scummy. If one match doesn't go very well, I move on to the next one.

• Sonic249
    Sonic249 Member Posts: 9

I read in these comments that the game is more for the survivors than it is killers. That’s absolutely not true. I also read in the same comment that a killer can play how they see fit and if they are toxic or tunnel that’s no reason to quit. Yet even survivors play how they want you killers cry to the devs to get the rules changed in your favor. I.E the hatch/end game timer/toolboxes

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I agree. You shouldn't be forced to play the game with someone who is hellbent on using every method possible to stay within the official rules of the game whilst making the game miserable for everyone else involved. The idea that the expectation that people play in a way that is mildly considerate of the fact that everyone is playing to have fun is somehow childish, is in itself childish. You learn good sportsmanship in kindergarten and the older you get the more you realize putting up with others ######### is a poor way to spend your finite free time.

At the same time, having to pee is a terrible reason to DC. 😂 Losing a chase. Being the first downed. Not liking the character you're playing against or the map you're playing on - all lame reasons to DC. If you enter a match and need to go afk for IRL stuff - just hide in a locker. If you're so long you end up getting caught, that's fair. The rest of the people in the match were playing the game while you were AFK. You got found, thus you deserve to die and they deserve to get points off your taking up space in the match from someone who could have been more productive.

I also like the idea of having a post-DC report option, specifically dedicated to determining the reason behind DCs and who is DCing frequently and who is getting DC'd on frequently, because I do feel like DCs were incredibly rampant because of in-game behavior that people really hate. Adding the DC ban is treating the symptom of a bigger problem, not the problem itself. I think the more info you can gather about the topic, the better.

I also think the pip/ranking system needs a serious adjustment (although I know people keep saying its getting a complete overhaul, which is great, it needs one). If I put in an effort to get 25k BP on a survivor, I likely pipped or maybe even double pipped, even if I don't escape. If I put in the effort to get 25k on a killer, I may have depipped. I'm not justifying people who solely play extremely sweaty as killer to the utter lack of enjoyment for their opponents - but if they were equally rewarded for their efforts, they might be less inclined to feel the need to go so hard.

Just my 2 cents.

• faultylucy
    faultylucy Member Posts: 1

I'm both a survivor and killer main. Sometimes my wifi stops working after working perfectly mid game and I'm forced to disconnect. And I'm still banned for it. I'm not even the one to actually disconnect and I get a ban. That makes me very aggravated. These bans are sort of stupid and honestly banning and reporting should be left to the players. I'm completely fine as a killer reporting a toxic player or someone for disconnecting for no reason.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yeah, that would just allow people free DCs.

"It wasn't my fault, it was the wi-fi!"

• shadowninja2012
    shadowninja2012 Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2020

finally someone thinks the same way as me, i get disconnected 1, by the internet outage when someone sneeze on the main line, or 2, people use lag or wat ever to get you banned, people say there's a reset timeout every 24 hours, 3 days after the last penalty, lets see, 3 X 24 = 72 hours, and i don't see a reset happening, i wonder what sony playstation would do if they hear about this penalty thing happening, if it was me that own playstation company, i would kick DBD out of the store and disable the network like they did with tekken revolution that was broken when it came out

• shadowninja2012

free dc? it doesn't give the DBD any rights to ban people for loosing connection, its called discrimination, if they gonna end up banning everyone for loosing connection or dc because they don't know if its intentionally or not, i don't even think thats even legal

• Orion

It's not discrimination. If your hardware is not up to snuff, that's your problem. They don't let people play without an internet connection either, almost like having one is a requirement or something.

Either get better internet (maybe use an ethernet cable instead of relying on unstable wi-fi) or play an offline game, but don't pretend you're being discriminated against when you don't meet the requirements for playing an online multiplayer game.

• shadowninja2012

oh, i have the requirements to play buddy, that how im even in this forum, this penalty thing is way to far, and not just the DBD discriminating gamers, its also the salty people like you, that don't understand a dam thing, it is discriminating if they ban you for the wrong reason, im tired of people saying that, it my fault that my internet goes out, if that is true, then why am i not allowed to fix it, or why am i not like god or jesus that can prevent this [Bad Word] from happening, in my area, getting better internet is impossible until they bring in better internet, you see, in my area, everyone receiving internet issues, and its neither mine nor the internet provider, even if we do get better internet, it wouldn't do any good, because thanks to the coronavirus, everyone is on the internet in my area, not on mine specificly, just that everyone on the same kind, because internet lines cross over 1 another, that sabotage everyones internet speed no matter what they paid for, and im defininantly not getting frontier, their the worse, and their outage is also worse, and there speed, OMG!!!!!!!!!! it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suddenlink internet has outage themselves, depending on the weather, we get outages like crazy, because suddenlink hasn't fixed their main line yet, so if you don't want to help us, then stfu and mind your own dam business, because we don't need your discriminating comments in here, we need this issue to be resolved, not make it worse, this penalty had made this game worse than any other games, especially when there is only 1 game mode that this game has to offer, very bad move if they expect a game to have 1 game mode, and then put a penalty on it, i wouldn't even bought the game if i knew they where gonna add this crap in here, and knew how it effects people like me, oh, keeping people in the match that they don't want to be in, due to trolls and cheaters, well, thats basicly holding us hostage, we don't want to deal with that kind of mess, like me on call of duty, i see a cheater, i want out of the match pronto, and find a different match, if people have to stay in the match to deal with this crap, its a very bad idea, my mental state especially can't handle being in a match with a cheater, nor handle a penalty ban, thats why im here, to demand a resolve with the issue, it appears that this is created just for the cheaters and the trolls to take advantage of, [Bad Word] people off, and they quit, and the timer gets added, theres no reset on the timer which frustrates me even worse, and there no limit to the penalty, DBD has discriminated me 3 times already, which is giving itself a bad name, and you guys supporting the rule so it would give you guys a reason to bully till the point they go absolute insane and then come onto the forum to discriminate people on it till they go insane, thats the only reason why you even searched for this specific forum, so you discrinators can make matters worse, either help us, or stay out of our way

• Orion

I'm not reading that wall of text. Put some paragraphs in there.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

There's this nifty button that most (if not all!) keyboards have. It's called "enter" or "return". Use it.

• shadowninja2012

rage quitting is and issue, but everyone should not be punished because some salty looser wants to disconnect from the match, punishing everyone for getting disconnected because they either ran into crash or there internet went out, is childish, even stacking penalty's so high is also childish, stacking it like that is over doing it no matter what the reason, im starting to feel like there's a bunch a 10 year old that run this game, and it starts to sound like a bunch of 10 year olds that supports the rule

• shadowninja2012
    edited May 2020

i have no clue ######### you even talking about, i mean, seriously, your not making any sense at all

• Orion

You are responsible for your connection. If it goes down frequently, contact your ISP, because that service is #########. As for crashes, those can be worked on. Write up a bug report during the 5 minutes you're waiting. If it crashes regularly, then stop playing until they fix it. That's just common sense, why would you be playing a game that you can't play because of it crashing?

Nobody is being punished for someone else disconnecting. I've had survivors disconnect, the only "punishment" was the fact that I was now short one teammate and had to repair more generators by myself.

Stacking penalties is so you learn not to DC as much.

• Orion

He's telling you to put paragraphs in that wall of text.

• shadowninja2012
    edited May 2020

i guess you miss read the post, i knew it, there are a bunch a 10 year old supporting this, who else would, lmfao, learn to read before responding something thats out of topic, i mean, i didn't say im getting penalized because someone rage quit, im saying that punishment is created to punish everyone because some brat think that everyone is guilty when they get disconnected no matter how, or what the reason was, stop acting like a bunch of children and help make the game playable again, theres nothing no other games that i hate than a unplayable game because a rage quitter made DBD creators to decide to set this penalty up where everyone getting banned if they don't have a perfect internet, well sorry to put to you, but, no internets perfect, and im sure, if i get banned over 30 minutes for any reason what so ever, then the game will be deleted, permanently, because i don't have time to deal with this BS all the god dang time, i want to report this game so badly, but don't know who to report it to, i want a playable game, not a gambling game for your access to the server, starting to look like fortnite ain't the worse game after all

• Orion
    edited May 2020

The game is perfectly playable. If you're having problems with the DC penalty, then one of two things are happening:

1. You're DCing often
    2. The game is crashing often

If it's 2, then you have two choices:

1. Keep trying to play the game and stack up multiple DC penalties to the point you can't actually play the game any more
    2. Write up a bug report and help the devs figure out why the game is crashing so often

If you go with 1, that's on you.

EDIT: Also, I can read just fine, but your English is atrocious. Learn to write and we won't have any problems.

• shadowninja2012

im not DCing often, the penalty isn't resetting, which means the stacks are permanent

• Orion
    edited May 2020

The penalty resets after a certain amount of time without DCing (someone said 72 hours, but I doubt anyone knows for sure). Have you tried just not DCing at all? Y'know, playing the game as intended. I never had to endure any DC penalties by simply not DCing.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Idc about your reason to dc, you did just ruin the match for the other players so take your penalty.

• Orion
    edited May 2020

I know they reset. If they're not resetting for you, that's because you're DCing too often.

We've addressed the issues with your connection - get a better ISP or use an ethernet cable. We've also addressed game crashes.

Nobody can disconnect you but yourself. If your connection is getting dropped, that's on your connection.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Doomspooge
    Doomspooge Member Posts: 184
    edited May 2020

for someone that doesn't rage quit you sure have a lot of rage. If i remember right the dc penalty resets 1 level every 24 hours of not dcing if that helps you out. so I'd call my isp and take a break till they get the ######### sorted.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • RogueRoomba
    RogueRoomba Member Posts: 10

I remember back in 2017 there was this thing you could do with interupting your own internet so you could get a free escape from the killers grasp.. I am happy that this penalty is there.. If you have terrible internet, that is on you but if you DC on purpose you are destroying the game for your fellow campfire buddies.

• MrCookie
    MrCookie Member Posts: 121
    edited May 2020

Man, if you want to be able to pull the plug every time you feel violated then just don't play the game. Don't cover it with "######### wifi" bs.

If you have ######### connection then too bad. ######### connection is a problem in any game and only you can fix it. Just deal with it.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

This whole discussion apart from your point shouldn't be about your bad internet connection or the game crashing itself. It should about you going into a !team! game while knowing that you involuntarily dc (which is NOT directly your fault) and by that leaving your teammates at a disadvantage.

The going in while knowing, that is your fault and is also the reason that involuntary dc's should get penalized in most online multiplayer games.

• Orion

It's not discrimination, it's a requirement. I can't play games made for Windows 10 because I don't have it, but that's not discrimination against me.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Just look at it from the perspective of the other players in team games.

I for example play league of legends, a 5 vs 5 team based moba game where player can reconnect. In some games I have teammates that disconnect and reconnect endlessly. Sometimes they have a bad day with their WiFi or whatever and that is just unlucky.

But when this is a persistent problem, I simply don't want people like that in my team. It ruins the gaming experience for atleast 4, if not all 9 people. Especially in competitive games like dbd, lol, DotA, rocket league so on. Call of duty is neither really team based game nor does one person dc'ing really matter when the teams are 8 to 16 people per side.

Team oriented online multiplayer games come with a kind of responsibility towards your teammates ( I know most ppl don't car about something like that). But I for myself try to help my team in this games and when I know for example I don't have the time to play a full round then I don't even start.

It might be discriminating against you since you can't improve the situation but simply removing the penalty so that you keep ruining multiple other people experience is not the way to go.

• shadowninja2012

how exactly is it ruining a dam thing, i mean serously, i don't see how, killer quits or loose connection, survivors gets escape points, they win, survivor quits or loose connection, killer gets a quitter points, and survivors may have less team member, but that would actually make it harder for the killer to find, trust me on that, 1 dead, 3 to go, they all searching for a hatch to excape and no where to be found at any generators, because they have a key, and still win, i seen someone solo gets away through the doors when i closed the hatch, its still fair game no matter what numbers they are, just gotta play stealthy as always, doesn't effect a dam thing, only thing that is effecting the game is the dam penalty, i mean, isn't getting no points from the match punishment enough, and why the god dam stacks, it does not make sense, you people need to grow the [bad word] and stop bullying peoples internet, I'm getting fed up with it, i should've went straight to sony forum about this crap because here, oh boy, so many corrupted players that believes it ok to punish people that losses internet. you guys think that this bs helping a dam thing, no, its making stuff worse, it ain't even worth anymore than a dime, i wouldn't even spend that much, because how i see it, its nothing but a rip off

• shadowninja2012

you might want to get your facts straight, when you start accusing me, saying its my fault that my internet goes out, it is discrimination

• Orion

I said it's your responsibility, which it is. It's not my responsibility to make sure you have a stable connection, and it sure as ######### shouldn't be my problem, but you make it my problem by playing when you know your connection is unstable.

However, even if I had said it was your fault, it still wouldn't be discrimination.

• shadowninja2012
    edited May 2020

i don't [bad words] have to, ######### you think we are in, english and language art, im not [bad word] writing a book am I? if im not making a god dam essay, or a god dam book, paragraph is not needed, this is a god dam comment post, not a god dam study class, and your going off topic

• Orion

Funny how you were berating me for my reading skills when you yourself don't take the time to write properly and are now pretending that writing something people can understand isn't important.

If you don't want to communicate, then don't, but don't expect people to reply to unreadable comments.

• shadowninja2012
    edited May 2020

unreadable comments, lmfao, ######### is that suppose to mean, what is it, everyone in here can't read english? is that what you mean by unreadable?

• Orion
  • shadowninja2012

only to people that can't speak english that can't read it

• Orion
    edited May 2020

If you say so. Did you notice nobody actually replied to your massive wall of text?

This discussion has been closed.