The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Playing Killer is Easy

Comments

• Deadbydanny_101
    Deadbydanny_101 Member Posts: 4

Your just skill as killer sure you miss a few swings but still you are a skill killer but legion will rank you up fast if you play killer.

• Sir_Child1234
    Sir_Child1234 Member Posts: 217

its just how your game goes i most likely get gen rushed for me but sometimes i win really ez its werid and dumb so yhea killer can be hard or easy.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

If killing survivors is easy, won't removing infinites and making the maps smaller make it even worse for survivors? I agree, I think killer is definitely easier than survivor right now and judging from last November stats, killer is making more than the break-even 2 kills per match on average (and I don't think there has really been any major killer nerfs except for hex:ruin, which really isn't that bad of a nerf in all honesty considering its still used almost every game).

I just don't think nerfing survivor is a good idea right now. Removing infinites always needs to be done but making maps smaller, adding more dead spots and reducing pallets is just going to make the game overwhelmingly killer sided. (I plan to only play killer when these survivor nerfs come out because survivor just isn't going to be any fun, it will be 4ks every game).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

This guy is such a... (types some things into urban dictionary)... noobling.

🤪

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Yes, it will. Which is why I like OhTofu’s recent idea to add more mindgame pallets and window vaults in addition to the map size reduction and removal of infinites.

What BHVR is messing up with is removing the broken things like God Loops AND taking away pallets and strong loops.

It’s like if they were to nerf Ruin AND NoED in a single patch.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I really liked OhTofu's youtube video about that.👍️

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Maybe you should try dealing with a sweat squad, full meta build swf on a map like tompson house or ormond then say playing killer is easy.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

The first time you go against a really good rank 1 4man your opinion will change. Solos and killers are left to suffer for the great swf gods.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

Don't camp at all. If you see a survivor near a recent hook you can chase them but can't down the rescued survivor if they unhook them.

No slugging.

No tunneling. You break chase after 35 seconds regardless of what's happening.

The first 2 minutes of the game you don't get to down anyone. Set a timer at the beginning of the match.

No one is allowed to be killed until everyone has been on the hook at least once.

No basement hooks allowed.

Follow those rules for a few matches. Then it should be challenging again.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, all I could say is that I wish I could be in your position if they are extremely easy survivors. I always get toxic tryhards, so my game is less fun than yours.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

You’re saying that like it is an every match type of thing.

How often do you run into that? I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen but 90% of your games are normal average survivors. Getting actual GOOD survivors is very few and far between. The best of the best (killer or survivor) shouldn’t even be mentioned because it’s not a majority if the playerbase.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

If it's a few lucky matches, then boy howdy was I having a lot of lucky matches. It means every killer game I play has been just lucky matches.

I played Ghostface and got looped because I got too invested in the chase, I'm not the best at Killer but I know when I've sunk more time than I should've in a chase. And that was one of them. But I just wanted one kill because at that point I conceded that I lost.

I will admit though, that match did have me getting lucky. Luck in the form of what I am talking about in the original post, that most survivors are not as good as they should be. That most survivors are far higher than they should be in rank.

Yeah yeah I know rank doesn't matter, but as long as matchmaking like this happens I'm afraid that Killer is Easy for the time being. I would love to see myself getting crushed by sweaty tryhards. Because that is the only way I can improve. With killers like Huntress, Hag, Doctor. I want to get out of my comfort zone with the killers I don't normally play as.

Not everyone wants to always get easy games, some of us like to have a challenging game. And DBD has a matchmaking problem. Or more specifically, a ranking problem.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

And ppl think survivors need a nerf or killers need a buff 😂😂😂

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

This! If you feel like something is easy just shoot yourself in a leg. Great response.

• Reborn2020

I guess i will have to play more 2500 hours to see them one day.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

If I had a penny for every time you said you don't mean to start an argument or antagonize anyone...

• Reborn2020

Would you be so kind to name those reasons?Then we can see what type of killer you are. Cause i never lost due to games fault but rather my own mistakes.

• bredbeddle
    bredbeddle Member Posts: 103

I'm genuinely glad that you are having a good time with this game but it seems silly to take your objective experience ("I had an easy time playing killer") and apply it as an objective rule ("It is easy to play killer"). Just my two cents.

• MegMain98

Sometimes you can play as perfectly as you can but still lose because of map RNG.

The only times I ever blame the game and not myself is during instances like when my swing goes directly through a survivor or not hitting a survivor during a medium vault animation. Basically just swings not connecting when they should. Or the fact that since I play on console I get frame drops when I get bloodlust causing my character to turn in the opposite direction. Just little things like that.

If I lose a match then the majority of the time I blame myself because I could’ve played a lot better. I was just boosted as hell that particular round.

You can’t win them all :/

• bredbeddle
    bredbeddle Member Posts: 103

Flagrant strawman arguments don't change anyone's mind, at best stroking the poster's ego and at worst continuing to polarize an already polarized community. I want to make it clear that I'm not really for the killer or survivor side, I'm just interested in people making arguments that will prompt actual change instead of endless trench warfare.

• Reborn2020
    edited April 2020

In my 2500 hours i lost only one time because of such rng . I remember it well because for the first time i blamed the game. On Nurse map. Every gen was safe and had multiple loops near gens(jungle gym + another loop) but i still managed to get 2 kills.

Is it because i play mobile killer and can simply give up on a chase? Does other killers missing such ability? Well then if you know that s the issue why you people keep playing them?

Its only your fault. Mostly because if you keep playing really weak killers they wont get touched because devs would assume that people find them enjoying to play . But killer mains like to purposely make game harder for them and then crying about how weak killers are. Freddy was reworked because nobody played him.

• MegMain98

Most of the time maps aren’t that bad of RNG but I’ve gotten some ROUGH Coldwind RNG maps. Disturbed Ward is always bad, you basically have to abandon chase if they get to the middle.

I can’t complain too much about map RNG because I play Spirit most frequently out of any killer. Just like you play Billy so you don’t have as much trouble with loops and map RNG. Spirit and Billy just don’t care as much as other killers do. Both can pressure the map and quickly end chases.

Most killers are not weak. People like to complain A LOT about killers being underpowered. An example is Plague. I have played Plague a lot and people say she’s super weak but Plague is STRONG if you play her well. People just want every killer to be on the level of Spirit/Billy and that won’t happen :/

The only killers who need serious reworks are Clown, Bubba, and Legion.

• Yixuan
    Yixuan Member Posts: 19

I think it has something to do with regions and time. I notice that when I play at a certain time, holy ######### the teams, and I would also say a lot of people consider NA dbd players generally more frustrating to deal with, regardless, that is pretty nice that you are having some fun, hope it continues for you.

• DrunkenXSMonkey8456
    DrunkenXSMonkey8456 Member Posts: 53

I think the main think killers forget time and time again, and I do believe every single killer players has got caught in this mindset at least once.

Getting 4 kills isn't a win condition, and getting less isn't considered a loss.

Some games I play killer and I might not kill anyone or only kill 1 person. But I easily pip and get brutal. Because of how much damage I do yo the survivors, most are dead hooks, most if not all pallets are gone, smashed the gens several times and smacked the survivors more than I can count.

Yeah I won't get much for actually killing the survivors but kills aren't a straight up measure of skill or is a camper just sitting at a hook and somehow getting a 4 kill, a good killer? Yes he'll get his 4 kill but it has done nothing else, not smashed gens, pallets or really chased, plus he loses points in chaser for camping.

As killer and survivor you have 4 categories, most survivors who play the game in general rarely get all 4 gold or higher, they usually get 3 or so (1 for going gens or saving alot (can be difficult to get both, it's usually just one or the other) 1 for not going down much, 1 for hiding or running away good.

Killer is the same but for killer it's easier to get all 4 but getting all 4 isn't completely necessary for a 'win' condition. Just being a brutal manic who smacks those kiddies is enough for a 'win', you get a ton of bloodpoints and probably a pip or safety at least. It's mot about the killing that makes it a win, the post game screen for killer is a good indicator. Brutal I consider a win in any game. Merciless I consider a major overwhelming win. I only see displeased as a lose. But that's just me. Thought I'd share some things I've learn based on my killer experience and not to be too hard on myself for not scoring a 4 kill every game or some other self made idea of victory.

• Quantavius69
    Quantavius69 Member Posts: 1

Yeah but what if you rank 16 vs a rank 1 I was playing wraith earlier and that had happened to me

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

imagine making a thread just to boast for getting 4 kills in a game,gotta love the fact he probably ommited all the matches where he got destroyed againts rank 1 lmfao

• DelsKibara

I'm not going to omit the matches where I do get less than 3 kills.

In fact, I just finished a match with one right now:

But these matches aren't the majority nor the norm. Most of my matches yesterday and the match I did at the start of the day ended with a 3k-4k.

(If you're wondering why NOED: EGC Sacrifice challenge.)

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I see them regularily with 1k hours. My last match was against a 4man on sanctum with double OoO. Was cool kappa. Lost of course, because i didnt play a good killer.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113

See, i understand what you're getting at but its not that survivors are getting worse it's that survivor ranking speed is so fast and braindead that a huge influx of players that have never heard of spooky Micheal and his see through walls ability at Teir 1 even existed.

I've even ran into RED ranks who didn't understand how legions frenzy worked. Again it's not survivors are getting easier, it's that the higher ranks are being flooded with people who shouldn't be there. People who can't loop, can't mind game the killer, don't have a base understanding of how killers even function are making it to ranks 1-5.

Now regarding your SWF, yeah that as killer is sweat mode galore cause you have to keep pressure everywhere and right now they love to play the most broken maps with god loops or are just huge leaving 110% killers and certain 115% with no way to pressure without making a 20 second run to the other side of the map.

I see where you're coming from, but also where you're coming from is the wrong direction. You're looking at this the same way Ruin was nerfed

Ruin wasn't in 80% of the games because it was strong, it was in 80% of the games because it was the only delay hex strong enough to slow the game down. But if you got a team that could land greats your match was done in 5 minutes.

Killer isn't easier, it's just good killers going against people who shouldn't be rank 1-5.

• PBsamichShoe

Your response just makes it seem like you're not really looking for constructive feedback, but rather just looking for people to validate what you're saying, which is unlikely to happen because you just don't make a very persuasive case. You honestly sound like another hostile, angry, toxic player that this game unfortunately tends to produce due to its balance issues. Most of those issues could probably be resolved with a better matchmaking system and by borrowing concepts or mechanics from other asymmetrical games that are less toxic and have less polarized communities.

You're the one who complained about how easy your matches are, and again, your response just shows that you're probably not challenging yourself.

I could probably get a 4k every match if I played completely unrestrained and used every tactic that survivors despise. That's not to say I don't use some of those strategies myself in very limited circumstances. If the whole team is hook rushing in clear view the second I down someone or put them on the hook then yeah, I'd probably stick close to the downed survivor. If I haven't gotten any kills and the exit gates are open, yeah I'm probably going to camp that survivor I just hooked, unless I get the distinct sense that their whole team kind of sucks and so do they then I might wander off and give them a chance to get rescued. It's all situational, but you really can't complain if you find it easy when you're not challenging yourself.

The same could be said on the survivor side. You could easily form a tight SWF and all bring flashlights and meta perks and use every dirty tactic in the survivor handbook such as flashlight clicking, god loops, body blocking, hook sabotaging, hook rushing, rushing downed teammates, and gen rushing but then you're not really challenging yourself either. Instead you could limit flashlights to flashlight saves and the occasional pallet break blind and create a perk build you think might be fun as opposed to one that's coordinated to inflict absolute misery. You could also challenge yourself to limit the amount to which you use any single pallet or loop.

The problem is when people don't play with any limitations because doing so is essentially just exploiting the bugs and shortcomings of the game mechanics.

I'm not going to judge anyone for how they play, but I think people do need to be honest with themselves about the difference between unsportsmanlike and sportsmanlike conduct. In most games you have the opportunity to play either or and with this game people tend to mistake the fact that just because something is possible then that means it's sportsmanlike. That's just not true. The fact that the game keeps getting tweeked and updated is evidence enough that this isn't true and the game itself is continually evolving to try and achieve a state of balanced and fair gameplay with less opportunities for unsportsmanlike conduct.

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94

Sounds like a bad attempt to show off some kind of skills

"Oh man, this is too easy for me, I hate it, look at how many kills I always get and I only played with one hand"

• BlueSwifts
    BlueSwifts Member Posts: 20

The big issue currently is the new player experience, new killer experience that is.

I've played plenty of killer over this game's lifespan. Recently I started playing on two new accounts. One on my PC and the other is my brother's I've been trying to teach them. Out of all these games I feel the majority would have an actual new killer getting stomped. Take for instance rank reset recently, this account was at max rank 16 before, turned rank 17. First match there's a rank 5 Feng in my game... what? Again brand new account and most games are full builds and survivors actually playing decently at the least. I know what I'm doing so I could care less who's in my game honestly. However watching my brother play, he'll look right at a survivor most of the time and not even realize it just for example... It's pretty obvious neither of them are enjoying it either especially when they literally tell me "I'd rather watch you play". Getting stomped sucks and killer is frustrating that's undeniable. It isn't about how I've been watching two baby killers play but from my games as an experienced killer and the teams I've played on these new accounts.

The new killer experience is not a friendly one is the conclusion I've come to. We're talking brand new to the role not you or I who have been away for a while don't get me wrong.

• Kon
    Kon Member Posts: 76

well youre not a purple/green rank killer who faces red rank swf for half his matches so im not rly sure youre allowed to say whats easy and whats not

• CgSith
    CgSith Member Posts: 1

Actually I kind of agree with you to a point.

I had super lag and Redlined on connection speeds and I still somehow manage to get all of the survivors if not 3.

• HelloThere
    HelloThere Member Posts: 59

I am a killer main and i agree. Its gotten easier to play killer. Before it was frustrating, now its a breeze. I've began just to play dbd once or twice a month bc it was so frustrating. Now it's so easy especially with Michael and doctor (bad example, i know) and even with plague it's easier.

And the weird thing is i was a trash killer, always getting 0k with luck 1k. At least it's not frustrating anymore.

• MrPresident
    MrPresident Member Posts: 4

Killer main here, totally agree with this post. I feel like an absolute god with Ghostface lately. It’s like everyone forgot how to do gens or loop, they practically walk into my knife. I know ranks have been broken for a year, but this is just ridiculous. Played Deathslinger for the first time yesterday, level 1, and still got an easy 4k. Not sure what the issue is, cause even a 3k used to take some work.

Killer has become too easy. Not necessarily due to gameplay issues, but because they’ve done a pretty ######### job so far with the rank system. It’s all about time dumping, rather than actual skill level. I never thought I’d say it, but I want to get looped more. Please.

Sincerely, trashy Ghostface main

• Jessy24680
    Jessy24680 Member Posts: 2

The thing that does really annoy me playing surv is the mori. Cancel it. That is the most op move in the game and I can name a lot ;) Only need to be hooked once is just stupid and now killers can just troll us with it thanks to the new update. Brilliant

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

The only Killers disagreeing with this are the ones that still have some practicing to do and aren't confident in their gameplay.

I said what I said.

• Reborn2020
    edited April 2020

constructive feedback for who? for 20% of the playerbase of killer mains? The moment i stepped in onto these forums i realized its pointless and im not wasting my time anymore cause my feedback is going to be lost around "git gud" kind of posts. And like i said plenty of things said here is ignored because its only about 20% of the playerbase.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

For the last month,I have been playing perkless killer only(Quite hard to rank up with it tbh,considering the emblem system). Let me tell you,killer is easy... but in a very specific way. Most of the teams you verse are gonna be soloQ players who lack the potential that the swf teams have. They will waste alot more time,and will progress through the game slower overall. SoloQ teams were never a problem to verse,the problem were the "0.1%" as people like to call 'em,aka swf teams. They will make ur time in a trial alot harder and overall worse,depending how you look at it. I never despised any swf teams,and never will. But some people hate them,and I get it. They make the game miserable for them,and in the end 3/4 survivors escape,unless they mess up,obviously. It's just those teams that people complain about,i'd wish devs would give us UI indication whether the team was a swf post game so I can atleast tell how I lost.

• PBsamichShoe

It's just super unclear what you expect as a realistic outcome of your post. What do you expect, for everyone to completely agree with you and applaud your thoughts as a groundbreaking contribution to the game and the community?

• PBsamichShoe

This also basically sounds like confirmation of my suspicions that you're playing using unsportsmanlike tactics and strategies.

Post some of your match results for us while abiding by the following:

No camping

No basement hooks

No tunneling, break chase after 30-40 seconds

Set a timer at the beginning of the match, no downs until 2 minutes into the match

No slugging

No proxy camping either

This isn't to single out killers either, I could easily make a similar list for survivors.

• DelsKibara

That's kinda giving the killer an unrealistic checklist and rules to abide by.

Ergo, the Survivor's Rulebook for Killers.

While yes Killers should play fair, they shouldn't have to always abide by these rules to play fair.

• PBsamichShoe

So you admit that you're playing using all the exploits in the game?

That's not going to be a challenge for anyone, on either side of the game. You're not fully comprehending what I've been saying either. I've already said in that comment and in others on here that a lot of those rules are situational to an extent. If you get a bunch of people hook rushing in plain sight then it does make sense to stay near the hooked survivor etc etc

I've also already stated that yes, survivors also have a full list of unsportsmanlike behavior they can engage in as well, which you are apparently not paying attention to despite me having very clearly and succinctly explained all of this.

I'll say it again, any killer could get a 4k every game if they used all the exploits and played completely unrestrained. The same goes for survivors (ie you can play SWF and coordinate perks, items and add ons with one another and then proceed to hook rush, gen rush, teabag, flashlight abuse etc etc)

This is unsportsmanlike on both sides. Just because the game allows for it doesn't mean that it's sportsmanlike. If we're all being honest with ourselves we can all admit that the game isn't perfectly developed and leaves room for unsportsmanlike conduct. This is evident in the fact that the game has been in ongoing development since it was first released and new patches come out regularly to address any balance or fair play issues.

Try and play a clean match without crutching on exploits and unsportsmanlike conduct. Let's see you get a 4k every match then

• DelsKibara

I'm sorry but asking the Killer to not down anyone for the first 2 minutes of the game or break chase after 40 seconds is not "Playing fair"

It's deliberately giving the other side an advantage.

It's like if I as a survivor wait until the first person who is hooked enters second stage. It makes no sense why I would do this unless I would cripple myself.

And what do you mean it's unsportsmanlike? If the game allows it, then it is allowed. It's within the confines of the game. It's sportsmanlike.

I don't slug or camp but those two methods can be effective at obtaining kills. So I understand, even as a survivor, why a killer would do that. It is of course ineffective to survivors that know what they are doing, because they can play around that.

Also asking the Killer to not use a very clear advantage, the basement hook, just doesn't make any sense.

There is a challenge, and then there is crippling yourself.

A challenge allows you to do your best in hopes of you besting it.

What you just described is crippling yourself during the match just to be "Sportsmanlike" according to your definition, not the devs.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    1. killer is only as easy as it is because survivor is even easier to pip, after all i have played way too many games where i can get 10-12hooks and they still have 4 gens left, that should never happen! thats the biggest issue as survivor ranking is too easy.
    2. survivor is easier, all you need to do is hold a button on a gen then hold a different button to run away and that alone will pip you to purple ranks easy.
    3. Unhooking will make survivors pip so very easy, so often survivors dont even know how to loop but will pip due to easy gens and unhooks.

while neither side is hard to play, killer is harder to do just because the actions can be harder and it is 4v1 after all, just because you can get a 4k against red ranks dont mean killer is to easy, this just shows theres a flaw in the ranking system. its no different to 4 escaping against a killer or depiping for escaping against a red rank killer. i would also like to point out a decent team with DS,BT,DH etc. is usually much harder to beat than a decent killer whomever they play

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

If you choose to not down people for two minutes then you’re running yourself to lose, slugging has a counter which is spreading out and picking the slugged survivor up at a safe time. You don’t need to handicap yourself for a challenge, the other players are what is meant to challenge you, not self-made rules. It also isn’t the killers job to accommodate for survivors mistakes or leave the hook while others are nearby.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

So, Killer is easy not because Killers are strong, but because Survivors are bad?

Tell me something I don't know.