The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Who else wants swf splitscreen?

KiraElijah
KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
I miss the days of splitscreen gaming, and it would be fun to play with irl friends

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

You have to realize that nowadays everyone stits in front of their own screen.
    Also I dont even wanna know how bad the performance would be :wink:

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    I'd love this :)

Being able to destroy some friends, possibly kill your friends to.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Splitscreen was abandoned due to the amount of resources it takes. I'd rather not have this, at all.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    I would absolutely love this, however it would be a bit unfair to the killer, no? 
  • KiraElijah
    I would absolutely love this, however it would be a bit unfair to the killer, no? 
    Swf already isn’t?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@slingshotsurvivor said:

Yes it would be as unfair as SWF

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Sound is a big thing, it's resources and unless peeps use headphones, the sounds will be coming from one screen, one near the killer and one far both will hear heartbeat. It's not designed for split screen. To have one play on a linked screen and another on another screen then alright, but one screen nah. 
  • KiraElijah
    Sound is a big thing, it's resources and unless peeps use headphones, the sounds will be coming from one screen, one near the killer and one far both will hear heartbeat. It's not designed for split screen. To have one play on a linked screen and another on another screen then alright, but one screen nah. 
    Minor downside
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Master said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

Yes it would be as unfair as SWF

I was think so but wasn't sure so thanks for this as it helped me think about it a little more.
    Games like 7 days or something would be cool with it but this game already has the killer at a disadvantage when survs play SWF. Although, I would love it from a teamwork prospective it would imo ruin the element of surprise as a surv and would devistate the killers game. 
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Even putting aside all the issues like two different sources of sound, the game barely runs dealing with only screen.
  • 0uchMyMeg
    0uchMyMeg Member Posts: 13

yeaahh.. that'd be waayyy too OP for the survivors.....

• KiraElijah
    0uchMyMeg said:

yeaahh.. that'd be waayyy too OP for the survivors.....

No more OP than normal SWF