Can this game be hacked on consoles?

Options
SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694

Last night I was playing a survivor match on PS4 with other new players like myself (levels 17-20) and we were going up against what we assumed to be a veteran killer. They were playing as Legion and this person seemed to know where everyone was at at all times. At one point I went clear to the other part of the map and was crouching behind a wall - not working on a generator, not healing, etc - to test the theory if the killer could see us, and the next thing I knew I heard the heartbeat and the killer came around the corner and downed me. Needless to say the match didn't last very long. When we got to the result screen we were shocked to find out that the killer had a rank of 20 and had no items or perks equipped. Nothing. But they knew where we were every step of the way.

Has anyone else had this happened to them? Is it possible that this was a veteran player starting anew? Because even if that was the case it's rather amazing that they were able to make a beeline for our locations.

Comments

• micha_beck
    micha_beck Member Posts: 78
    edited April 2020
    Options

No. Console games can never be hacked. This is only ever a problem on PCs.

You do know that legion can see all players in a certain radius if he hits someone with his power? Maybe he just saw the direction you went?

It can't be a hack. 100%.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Right I get that when legion hits you she can see you if you are within her heartbeat radius, which is why I tested the theory to see if I could still be seen if I went to the other part of the map. She was in the middle of walking a survivor to a hook when I went to the other side of the map. Like I said no perks or items were equipped that would have given the killer an indication of where I was. They just knew. And it happened this way for all of us. Pretty impressive for a level 20 killer.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I don't know in this game in particular, but any console can get hacked. Most of the things i have heard are hackers stealing your account or bricking your console.

• micha_beck
    edited April 2020
    Options

Yeah, doesn't mean they were level 20 though. If I create a new profile on my console and start the game, I'm level 20 too. Some ppl do that, cause... Well, ppl are aholes.

Of course, doesn't explain how they found you. But I think we can rule out hacking. It is curious, but hard to tell without seing some footage of the match.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah I wish the website was able to give detailed stats of how matches went down. Like I said I'm certainly not ruling out that it was a veteran player starting the season anew, but it was just eerie how they had nothing equipped and was able to just dominate us within a matter of minutes.

• Pigforever
    Pigforever Member Posts: 72
    Options

Maybe he had bbq and c equipped and seen your aura after hooking someone plus feral frenzy helps find you to

• SweetTerror
    Options

I previously stated that he had nothing equipped. The killer was level 20 and had no perks, no items, no totems. Nothing. But he knew exactly where to look. I was clear on the other side of the map when he was hooking another survivor and he made a beeline straight for where I was. That's pretty impressive for a supposedly new player.

• Pigforever
    Pigforever Member Posts: 72
    Options

Sorry didn’t see part about no perks equipped. I play on ps4 and was playing dark souls 3 some last night and got invaded by someone who was invincible and couldn’t be killed so maybe ppl can cheat in dbd to

• SweetTerror
    Options

Being a new player I certainly don't want to give anyone the impression that just because someone dominated me means they must obviously be cheating. I know that the matchmaking is incredibly unfair as people are getting matched with people that are out of their league regardless if you're new or experienced. I just had yet to see a match like that one before. To see someone play so well with no advantages all the while having a new player rank was very, very odd.

• micha_beck
    Options

Didn't really sound like that's what you were doing. Don't worry. You just didn't find an explanation and thought something was funny about it. Understandable. But since it's technically not possible to hack an online console game, there must be something else.

• micha_beck
    Options

Sorry, pig. As stated before, there is no cheating or hacking on consoles.

Dark Souls has no crossplay either, so I'm afraid he did not cheat and was just better.

I had ppl accuse me of running speed hacks in DBD. That's on Xbox. No possible.

Ppl hate to admit they were worse than others so they assume it must be cheating. But consoles prevent that.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

That's not true, but you say it with such conviction. I used to play Dark Souls on a modded Xbox. Not sure about this generation, but it was absolutely possible once upon a time to hack and cheat games on console.

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158
    Options

Yes there is cheating and hacking on consoles. I have a video of a speed hacking Deathslinger that could also float over pallets when he had me speared. Look on YouTube you can see plenty of videos in which people have gone against legacy skin killers/survivors on console, something which we all know isn’t available.

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158
    edited April 2020
    Options

Double posted.

Post edited by Daddy_Doctor on
  • micha_beck
    edited April 2020
    Options

Okay, it seems like they activated cross play. Just saw a Nea on PC run faster than Oni. She had cross play icon to her name.

She healed herself whenever she was hit without stopping. She healed herself while downed.

This is why no one wants crossplay. 😂

So you may have been right after all.