So teabagging.

Options
xCarrie
xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Is it really a problem? Do you teabag to be annoying or to get someone’s attention?

Never thought i’d have to talk about it but I guess since it’s become so much of a problem the devs have to ask about it why not. Personally I don’t find it annoying as killer or survivor, as a survivor i’ll teabag to either greet or get the killers attention to occupy them. As a killer if i’m in a chase and someone else teabags they want my attention but I just ignore them, if I get teabagged after getting stunned then I take it as a challenge (no not tunnel -.-).

Let’s say the devs do something about it, what would they do..? If they make where crouching had a cool down it would be kinda dumb because crouching is a way to counter huntress and deathslinger so.

Comments

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited April 2020
    Options

They should make that while they doing it, they losing their pants and as soon as they turn and try to run, fall down in the gras :P :D.

Sry I couldn't resist,- a CD on it would not that bad, if he is short.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

Just spent the entirety of a game bodyblocked by a Nea in a corner aftee cleansing a totem while the killee Camped. All the Nea did was tbag and point.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Stop being sensitive and kill them like you’re supposed to. Teabagging isn’t a problem lmao

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,216
    edited April 2020
    Options

So you dont understand the difference between fairness and gamebalance.

They are two seperate things.

Like in a boxing match. One being lightweight and the other a heavyweight is a matter of balance,

spitting one in the face and kick him while he is on the ground is a matter of fairness and sportsmanship.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

the only time I do find it annoying is when a survivor who hid all match teabags at the gate or hatch.

I know lol i’m not saying it is a problem

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Come on, even if "Crouching repeatedly" was, quote and quote, "fixed" community would create a different way to be toxic. Problem isnt the crouching, it's the people being toxic.

• CoffeeKiller
    CoffeeKiller Member Posts: 10
    Options

I do take my hits. I was just giving OP an answer to the question.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Is it really a problem?

No.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

It's a problem because many intend it to be toxic, so most perceive it as toxic behavior. It is NOT, however, a matter of fairness. That was a stupid question.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

That whole survey aside from a few questions was just a joke. It blows my mind how out of touch they are.

• notsonew
    notsonew Member Posts: 269
    Options

lose 1 point in each category so if each time to tbag in a chase or at the exit you might not double pip or pip because you lose points

• AsePlayer
    Options

What you call toxic is just a minor annoyance at best. The word has lost its meaning.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

There's nothing wrong with crouching just like there is nothing wrong with head nodding or swinging at air/a survivor's hooked body.

Grow a thicker skin.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

The most teabagers at the exit gates are just idiots which genrushed you and 3 or 4 are escaping, and It think: "why you teabag me? You think you are good for holding M1 for 5 minutes. LMAO"

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

LMFAO - I almost screen shot the same thing in my survey. I found it to be quite hilarious in relation to a question about "fairness" as if it does anything at all to alter the fairness of the game. At this rate, why didn't they ask about killer teabagging, hitting survivors on the hook, head nodding. Gimme a ######### break, devs.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

imagine halo without tbagging

wouldnt be the same

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

its literally just pixels on a screen going up and down. idk why it gets people so butthurt

also, if you let teabagging effect you, then youre giving that survivor exactly what they want

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Teabagging is pretty annoying, especially when you go out of your way to play nice. I do tend to remember those survivors, and don't play so nice with them the next time. I don't think they should do anything about it. It's not unfair in any way. But players should try to play nice with other players who also play nice. If a killer camps and tunnels, then by all means teabag them. You earned it.

• LALYTHIA
    Options

Agreed. I think a camp/tunnel earned a teabag. Just like a teabag earns a camp/tunnel. 😂

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

It's not that they'll do something in in-game mechanics, but it might be a reportable offense.

They might make it so.

Just to answer your question.

• Paiblin
    Paiblin Member Posts: 42
    Options

I mean, personally i use it as a greeting towards survivors and friendly killers, and on rare occasions teabagging a cosurvivor either while they're getting mori'd or after they've been mori'd, dced or maybe bled out. I might use it to get killers attention if I see my teammate struggling, but I don't have much practice running killers for long (6 month break, playstyle generally immersed at least at first) so that's more for future use. I don't think they should do anything about it. It's kinda stupid. I get that a player taunting you is annoying, but devs shouldn't try to do anything about it. What would they even do? probably something that would screw survivors over against certain killers. If a survivor teabags you to annoy you, be an arsehole back. karma. and if a killer Is an arse to you, teabag when stunning them. karma

• PayneMacLeod
    PayneMacLeod Member Posts: 81
    Options

My suggestion is that if you squat repetitively, then you get a CD and a pop up that says “Stop being a douchebag”

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    Options

Do u want to know whats more toxic than tbag?

You let Survivors escape and what u get is "ggez"

• ohgod
    ohgod Member Posts: 23
    Options

I don't teabag. Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. And have a plan to escape every match you play.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225
    Options

They could do similarly to cs:go

Basically there you can croutch normally but if you spam it, the character will do it slower and slower. They could make it so if you give at least a second between the croutches there won't be any penalty, thinking of the travel time of the hatchet or death slinger's harpoon

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    Options

I did this survey, and I was shocked to read this. I don't know what that means, but it doesn't mean anything good.

Several hypotheses:

• the person creating the surveys (it's a real job) has a huge bias.
    • the person creating the surveys is not serious.
    • the person creating the surveys is very serious, the real question being hidden: are the players biased, and who? If many killers answer "Greatly", since the data can be crossed, we can conclude that they are completely biased.
    • the question, absurd, was placed voluntarily to propagate the idea that a change is happening. Everything has already been decided about, the survivors must now accept this change. One way to widen the Overton window.
  • LALYTHIA
    Options

If they actually made a change regarding to teabagging, I would lose it. 😂 I don't teabag, but that would be the dumbest ######### I've ever heard of.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Tbagging is incredibly unfair for the killer!

Not only is it used as a means to remind us (killers) that the majority of us cannot Tbag but its also a direct and unforgivable jab at the lovely British folk that perverts, what is essentially, a device used to create one of life's greatest beverages!

BHVR never should have allowed these "squats of hate" to be animated in their game and I believe it rest squarely upon their shoulders to repay the world for such a reckless error of judgement!

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Whether you understand tbagging or nor the fact is it does irritate a lot of people. That has been obvious for years.

Its something about the animation in DBD that makes it particularly effective. Its the speed at which it happens. Pig never had the same effect because its much slower. They could theoretically adjust it by changing either the animation or the speed or the animation.

Theres also the fact that they tend to do it at pallets and in this game for many killers theres nothing you can do other than break the pallet, at which point they run to the next and do it again.

So it does frustrate people. It may not frustrate you but it has annoyed many players over the years.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 746
    Options

Really, dude? There's nothing fair about a killer that can hook someone, teleport directly to my objective using his power in combination with BBQ, pop it Pop Goes the Weasel, and then down me from 20 feet away with that insane lunge. And even if I get away for a moment he catches up and shuts me down at every loop. Game balance and fairness can go hand in hand.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

I don't teabag usually, but I feel terrible for the Dwight that got facecamped for no reason.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Or DS, or Noed, or doc not losing blood lust when shocking...etc ..etc.

We can't really be talking about tbagging here, can we. I mean who is so concerned about a pixelated character crouching that they would suggest it greatly ruins the game.

Get some self esteem!

• DrunkenXSMonkey8456
    DrunkenXSMonkey8456 Member Posts: 53
    Options

In terms of balance and fairness it's actually funny to see this mentioned.

As killer it's usually a way to grab your attention and force you to chase them or to annoy you because the survivor is safe.

As survivor again, used to draw killer attention, as a strange way to say hi to other survivors or to thank them.

It doesn't affect balance or gameplay anymore than charms, fun to look at but not much else.

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132
    Options

Perhaps the longer they linger in the open gates the more points they lose toward emblems and BP Penalty as well?

• HelloThere
    HelloThere Member Posts: 59
    Options
  • emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

If survivors are so powerful they can dance and gloat escaping with ease... maybe they need nerfs and killers need buffs.

• angematias
    angematias Member Posts: 86
    Options

Wouldn't work, when I'm at the gate I linger to make sure all survivors have made out, the less survivors are in the game the harder it is to late game help or rescue someone else, in cases whereas theres only 2 survivors left, if one is downed it is nigh impossible to help them.

Just a penalty on crouching repeatedly at the gates would already do quite well, I believe.

• FixDBDPls
    FixDBDPls Member Posts: 87
    Options

Squatting is good, dont skip leg day kids

• AsePlayer
    Options

Considering how butt dancing takes literally no time at all to perform, this makes no sense.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

If you have time to gloat you have too much time.

And if you have so little fear of a killer you feel comfortable doing this then the killer should be a lot stronger

• AsePlayer
    Options

If the gloating takes practically no time to perform, you don't have too much time, as you spent none of it to do that.

Or maybe my lack of fear comes from having over 1000 hours in the game. Can only get scared so many times before you become used to it.

This discussion has been closed.