Can we just get rid of NoEd?

Options

Time and time again i’ll be playing with friends, doing great. Gens done, great teamwork, healing, callouts, looping killers. And then it happens. You get the last gen done and see that glimmer of hope. The Exit Gates. But right as you reach it..*DUN DUN* NoEd proctors and all that progress, time, and teamwork is flushed down the drain by the easiest crutch perk in the game. NoEd isn’t a perk that needs to exist. It’s horrible. It proves that you can try as hard as possible and still have all that mean nothing because a killer can get his easy kills on you and your teammates. OtzDarva has proven this multiple times and has even gone out of his way to have streams dedicated to the fact that it’s unfair and unbalanced. Remove NoEd from the game. Make us all happy. Show us that you are infact. Doing a pretty good job so far.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,128
    Options

You can remove it from the game!

But people get cranky when you tell them what they should do to remove NOED :(

• Exiled1990
    Exiled1990 Member Posts: 18
    Options

As most people would say, you can get rid of NOED once you get rid of keys, and alter the requirements of a few other things that survivors can very easily cheese and manipulate in their favour. The fact is that calling out what you are doing is kind of (arguably and subjectively) against the feel of the game more than NOED alone is. For better and worse SWF is here to stay, keys are likely to be here to stay, and therefore NOED is here to stay.

Map RNG, map offerings, keys, moris, OoO, NOED, camping, second chance perks yadda yadda yadda yadda are all in one way or another subjects of frustration, for either being too strong, having the potential to cuck certain killers, or making survivors lives hell. NOED, whilst deflating when you do well and you know deep down the killer didn't have the skillset to support the kills they may get is still far less a problem than some other parts of this game, and can be countered.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

If you were playing with that much teamwork and doing that well against the killer, there should be NO QUESTION that you get all the totems done on a team. I do the best I can as solo, but sometimes don't get them all. On the occasions I play with ONE other person, we always knock them all out. There is almost no excuse to ever see NOED - ESPECIALLY in a full team. You clearly just need to change your strategy to include totems.

• CoffeeKiller
    CoffeeKiller Member Posts: 10
    Options

No it makes endgame more a matter of urgency on whether or not to try and find the totem or just leave. This is a horror game and you should be scared of the killer lol.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

Can we just get rid off all new account who post this kind of thread?

• CLight
    CLight Member Posts: 3
    Options

Of course, you plaing SWF, ez gen rush, ez looping, end the game in 3 minutes, and when the killer has a LITTLE chance (Totem perk) you come here and cry? KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, i had to live to see this

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

If you were solo I could understand being upset(seriously @Peanits, when can we get a totem counter?), but if you're SWF theres literally no excuse to not have all 5 totems done by the time the 5th generator pops, especially since you evidently have comms for callouts.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143
    Options

I mean, if you were doing as great as you say you were you should have had time to do totems..and no otz did not say that NOED is unfair, he recommended changes but he stated there is counter-play. You can read that thread if you have the time. Just because NOED gets triggered doesn't mean you have to stay and get clapped just so you can get a few more altruism points then complain about it.

If NOED is activated, just leave them on hook or find the totem.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,216
    Options

Yes, we can get rid of Noed. By cleansing Totems. Glad i could help.

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
    edited April 2020
    Options

No. 9/10 it's the really bad players who use it and if they didn't have that ... it would be a massacre every time they play. Just cleanse the totems when you see them.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I think what we should get rid of is the unnecessary speed boost

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Can we get rid of sock accounts like this one instead?

Weak bait.

• NoEdIsBad
    NoEdIsBad Member Posts: 5
    Options

Imagine instead of having a legitimate argument you just combat what im saying with insults and off topic things. Here’s my stance on this. We don’t even know that NoEd is in the game until we complete all generators. When you’re playing DbD. Your primary goal is to survive and escape. How do you survive? Powering generators. Getting rid of totems slows the gameplay down for nothing but what? 1k bloodpoints? Maybe not get rid of it. But make some changes. Survivors should get to know it’s in the game. It shouldn’t be a last second “oh crap. NoEd” because 9/10 the killer will just down someone with it and facecamp so they can get at least 1 kill. Maybe implement something that lets us know beforehand? Give us the exposed effect the second we power the Last Gen so we KNOW that we have to try harder to escape. Or maybe just add it as a Totem that’s already active at the beginning like most Hexes already. It shouldn’t come as a surprise. You shouldn’t have to be doing so well the entire game just to insta-die from one hit. I’m not here to read your insults. I’m here to have a legitimate argument against it. If the threads not for you, it’s not for you. No need to hear bs because you disagree.

P.S : It’s also very difficult to have an argument against it when half of the people here probably play killer and use it constantly. If you like something and use it you’re going to be more accustomed towards using it and keeping it. Whereas if you’re a Rank 1 Survivor like me, you get tired of seeing it constantly after doing so well the entire match.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2020
    Options

lol as a rank one survivor, you should be always be expecting NOED. not sure what you mean when you say “it shouldn’t come as a surprise” - it’s not EVER a surprise. i’m rank 3 and i go into every match knowing NOED will proc at end game, so every game I cleanse 4-5 totems on my own, while also doing gens, etc. and i play SOLO, while you’re in your little gen rush SWF where it’s much easier to keep count. none of your SWF likes to do totems? you should get better teammates. if you pass by a totem, cleanse it. you aren’t wasting time. in fact, it’s a better use of your time than rushing gens. gen rush only leads to NOED.

also, not one person in this thread said anything insulting or off topic. they’re just letting you know you only have to cleanse totems and NOED isn’t a problem. I don’t expect an entitled rank 1 survivor main whose only strategy is to gen rush to understand how easy it is to get rid of an easily counterable perk, but maybe try listening to their advice and you won’t have to deal with it as much.

P.S: you obviously weren’t doing “so well” all match if you didn’t even take the time to cleanse 5 totems :)

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Its a bit unfair to ask for NOED to be removed. Bad killers deserve to have kills too ya know?

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Entitled. Here's my answer to you I use it and it works great so stop crying:

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    Options

git gud

• NoEdIsBad
    Options

with all this stuff being said. If an entitled survivor can’t complain about NoEd. You entitled killers can’t complain about D-Strike or Speedboosts.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

If you got that good teamwork why are there still totems when all gens are done?

Anyway, i don't like NOED too, let's just remove it idc.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

@ConvenientQuestions see what I mean? Fresh account, name corresponding to title and blindly rage against something. You're not the only one and I don't have any hate towards you personally I'm just tired of this same threads all the time.

• NoEdIsBad
    Options

Oh boohoo. The fact that there’s multiple posts about it goes to show that it needs fixing.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

It just shows that people aren't able to use the search function.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2020
    Options

A lot of arguments that defend noed usually concede it's a frustrating and relatively overpowered perk before defending it which tells you the perk isn't in a great spot, even if it's not as game-breaking as some salty survivors will tell you it is.

I feel breaking bones should give a very small passive (or killer small debuff) for completing them, and then add a counter that shows you how many are left whenever you (or anyone else) completes one, thus you know how much effort is required to complete the rest. Of course global buffs/nerfs to killer/survivor would have to be closely monitored and carefully considered. With these changes I think noed would be in an unquestionably better place and bones a more interesting secondary objective.

• Baklavah
    Baklavah Member Posts: 26
    Options

The day NOED is removed should be the day DS and palettes get removed. As such, the answer is "No."

I'm still of the mind that they need to make Totems harder to find so that other hexes are more useful (ie: devour hope. That hex NEVER makes it past 30 seconds.)

• Eradik
    Eradik Member Posts: 63
    Options

Can we just get rid of Decisive Strike?

Can we just get rid of Borrowed Time?

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

You can, just do totems

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Yes do bones = NoEd gone.

Killer have to play with 3 perks all game. Noed is amazing, for survivors.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited April 2020
    Options

OP was better b8 than I've seen in the past month on these forums, so I have to disagree.

8/10.

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171
    Options

NO. SWF are the most effective to clean totems in first minutes. Probably you are not playing SWF. Or you just genrush like crazy crossing fingers for the end of match "i hope not to find noed".

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198
    Options

do bones

• Claymoreking
    Claymoreking Member Posts: 14
    Options

You can't discuss this topic here

Here are more people on the Killers side

LOL

• Brodie
    Brodie Member Posts: 64
    Options

As survivor main here's a thought.... cleanse totems so it can't activate *shrugs shoulders*

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171
    edited April 2020
    Options

It's very difficult to clean totems and to get rid of noed 😁. I think i need some lessons tomorrow when i bring back my surv clothes and i retire my killer clothes for a few days.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Good Job OP.

10/10 bait.

I'm really surprised at the number of people who took this thread so seriously..

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

i would rather have a totem counter added to the hud, the ones who would benefit them most would be solos as NoED affects them the most becauses they cant tell how many totems have been done by other survivors but knowing the devs they will make this solo survivor benefiting effect a perk like they did with kindred because nothing will help benefit solos more than forcing them to use a single build filled with perks that should be base kit

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

Can we just get rid of DS?

Seriously though - don't AFK gens, and destroy bones. Boom, NOED is gone. Wasn't even that hard.

• Magikazam
    Magikazam Member Posts: 182
    Options
  • shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417
    Options

Or you could you know... Cleanse totems and not just gen rush the entire game?

Just a thought.