The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just saw the latest Claudette skin and while I expected nothing I was still let completely down.

OtakuBurrito
OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
edited November 2022 in General Discussions

Yes I main Claudette (Myers and Ghostface). Yes this is a rant.

I'll be Frank. I'm so tired of y'all (BHVR) disrespecting Claudette. Every other survivor has at least ONE good complete outfit in the sea of ugly but Claudette is here still sitting on the struggle bus for a decent skin. I have struggled so hard to put together outfits for my poor baby but y'all really make it impossible. IDK what's worse between y'all incessant need to give her dark tones or dressing her up in these 90s Sisqo dance extra at an after party ass outfits. I would let y'all slide on the 90s style clothes if they were GOOD and FIT HER.

Like I have legitimately given up hope of her getting a yellow sundress or sun dress period. And it sucks because she looks the best is skirts but I guess we're lucky we got that. I know damn well we're never seeing the beautiful wedding dress Claudette model I saw a while back in game. I get why we're never getting the maid cafe outfit that's been floating around because it doesn't match her aesthetic (but neither do 80% of her outfits but I'm not about to get started on that).

I know we're never getting Claudette dressed up as and of the "nerd staples" in reference to Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, hell ANY ######### DND CLASS THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGIT BECAUSE YOU DESIGN YOUR OWN CHARACTERS!

I just...I don't understand why y'all hate Claudette so much. What is it going to take for her to get a complete outfit that matches her personality. She is a quiet mousey girl. Y'all were going in the right direction with the sweater and uniform outfits (the colors just needed to moved around) and then came this clown fiesta of 90s hiphop video clothes out of left field like #########? I thought the horror ended with that belle of ball nonsense where she looked like a prostitute because he makeup was god awful and her hair didnnt fit her frame at all. I had SOME hope with the medice traveler outfit, but know. Here y'all are with the same horrible gown now in gold.

I see why most Claudette mains just wear whatever. Hell she just looks rushed and thrown away so often most of just thinks it's normal to look like we got our asses beat by the inside of the closet.

I just can't anymore.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

The one in the next rift or the most recent one in the store?

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109
    edited April 2020

Claudette is getting another outfit in May that looks really really good.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I'm just gonna say that Claudette may have bad cosmetics....but Adam has less cosmetics by far and finally got another full outfit after a while and it wasn't that good of a cosmetic

• OtakuBurrito

is that the oogly gold recolor or is she getting another one?

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109

She's getting another one in the shop. If you go to leaksbydaylight on Instagram you can see it.

• OtakuBurrito

I will admit the skin looks good but I dont trust BHVR and I'll believe it when I see it.

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368

Jake doesn’t have any good outfits either.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

i mean most claudettes all run prestige gear to blend in with everything, its honesty sad and stupid... id love them to change her shirt to white and reduce the blood and watch how many people change, personally id like a full on lab coat for her

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I like Claudette cosmetics. I have the silver dress thingy. I have a white jacket and a pink jacket one. I think they all look really good. Not sure if she's really needing a lot of cosmetic work. I'd say she has some of the better looks in the game. There's a lot of survivors in a lot better shape. I had to play Jake last night for a game and his were pretty terrible.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

i know right? considering her lore and background you would of thought theyd have one, like i know shes more into the study of plants etc. and so she has the apron cosmetics but they wear lab coats too and it`d suit her so very well. I always try match my survivors to their lore so a lab coat would be my dream

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

I was very confused until I realized you meant the "new" Rift cosmetic. The upcoming store one looks like her best one in a long time. But the Rift is just a recolor of an already unattractive store item, goes without saying it's not good.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Claudette mains are like their cosmetics...trash 🤣

But now on a serious note, I thought claudette mains enjoyed the silk set she got and the urban one, also the one in her lore rift

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

I don't think sundresses are possible since torsos have to be separate from pants

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I like a bunch of her cosmetics. Also, maybe consider taking a deep breath.

• Champagne
    Champagne Member Posts: 110

Yeah I’m disappointed in that new Claudette skin, both the one in the rift (skin recolour) and that ugly winter looking thing,

an outfit I’d actually love is like an Afro on Claudette and the pants and shirt would be a 1980s Colourful jumpsuit, no more blending for you Claudette!

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

you're welcome

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Funnily enough people have found more reasons to play Claudette than her P3 outfit. Crazy I know.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Bro. Just use P3. You literally become invisible. Why would you want anything else

*hides reciept from elf Dwight purchase*

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

but claudettes og jacket is so iconic 😔 dont diss her like this

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Feng min has that event dress from chinese new year so it is possible

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

There's a wedding dress Claudette model? Do you have any pictures of it?

• OtakuBurrito

The 3D model was removed because ALLEGEDLY (Please don't come for me DBD) the creator was asked to remove the 3D model as it would give people an incentive to modify game files which BHVR slaps as a no no. In my OPINION (again please don't come for me BHVR) from what I've heard around the artist mill it does seem believable as despite the games success and engine used to create models there is a chronic lack of 3D models for DBD outside of certain SFM animation channels and there were are not only any models available in the in Niconi Solid Pixiv or Art Station community (unless they are the official creator on behalf of BHVR) community but many 3D artists and modelers make it clear they do not take and DBD related commissions because "it's too much of a hassle". (Which is SUPER weird IN MY OPINION since the popularity of DBD in Asian countries is insane and compares to MOBAs and MMORPGs)

I can provide you however with the artwork (Because 2D artwork is perfectly fine) that was the inspiration for the model. And while the artwork is wonderful it however does little justice to that dress model I once saw that had been tuned to have grit dirt and blood on it and really sold the "run away bride" thing. I can ask around in my 3D communities to see if anyone managed to save the files for it though before it was removed.

Oh yeah and HD Renders are okay as long as they don't modify the models is ANY way. Also "what they look like renders" but that's an iffy grey area and I wouldn't suggest getting into that.

• Melodys_Rhythm
    Melodys_Rhythm Member Posts: 11

I actually really like most of her outfits and think most of them actually fit with her. The only outfits that I will say don't fit her at all is her Frosh Week Warfare, Open Day Student, Belle of the Ball(Other than the hair, I actually really like the hair).

I also don't find it hard to mix and match her clothing. Many outfits I put together are:

The Jenpai Hat, Two-tone Coat, Pale Jeans

Wild Violet Waves, Fitted-Button Up(Pink), Jeans Tucked into Riding Boots

Woolen Beret(Light Gray), Official Botanist Apron, Jeans Tucked into Riding Boots

Tropical Dreads, Fitted-Button Up(Brown), Muddy Combat Boots

Golden Rings, Earthly Delights, Jeans Tucked into Riding Boots

Golden Rings, White Strawberry Sweater, Bootleg High Waisted Leggings or using the two dark sweaters with the Lyrical High Waisted Pants

Glorious Black Waves, Wild Violet Jacket, Burgundy Skirt

Glorious Black Waves, Sap Splatted Apron, Wild Tartan Skirt

Most of you probably don't care about the things I put together, but anyways I really like what she has. Also, cosmetics is subjective due to it being up to personal taste. Though, I will say the next skin coming into the store isn't the best. I like the bottoms, but everything else I feel like could of been better done. I do kinda what to see her in a disco themed outfit though, bright colors, an afro...etc. I think although that wouldn't really fit with her lore/personality it would be probably kinda cute. Something that would be more lore/personality fitting for would be like an outfit should would wear when gardening or studying plants, like her top we could have sort of flower designed tee-shirt with a long sleeve beige(or any other neutral or pastel type of color for the jacket) denim jacket over it that has flower and bugs embroidered into it with sleeves rolled just below the elbows for you can see her gloves. Her head piece could have some sort of straw boater hat(or some other straw hat) with either some sort of ribbon, while she wears those blue glasses of hers, and her hair in dreads or something. Lastly the bottoms could be some worn and torn jeans, not sure of the color, but it would have grass stains and some dirt around the knee area, with some nice looking boots to match. Stuff like that is probably what I'd like to see, because her color palette is a bit dark for me, I would like to see more pastel and soft colors on her, but that's just me.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

You're right, they are subjective. I like Claudette's tasteful outfits.

I'm glad she's not like...in crop tops and stuff.

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368

I don‘t consider these good cosmetics but everyone has their own opinion.

• Charroger
    Charroger Member Posts: 18

Someone should look at all the cool skins Adam has

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101

Have you even SEEN what Jeff has available?

Or, rather, what he doesn't.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Complaining about countless clothes options, and my boy bill got an ugly sweater. Quenten is uglier than Claudette. Cannibal and Freddy don't have anything. You complain alot about a very trivial idea, and let's not forget that Claudette comes with a hat. Not every character gets a free hat (poor hatless billies) and not every character gets to look like a Starbucks worker like clod does in her apron

• dwightdotexe
    dwightdotexe Member Posts: 22

I never got it but I’ve always thought that Claudette’s Halloween event outfit was pretty good. The one with the sap-stained apron. That could be just me, but I really liked that one

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2020

He always seems to morph between Asian & Latino to me. I'd like to see a male Latino survivor some day.~*

I actually like that Claudette has some cute earth tone colored outfits, but yeah if we're to look at Feng's quality of outfits, and then look back at most of the survivors, it ain't cutting it.

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

Yeah but there is a clear separation between the torso and pants, which works okay with that specific dress, but I cant see it really working with a sun dress. The claudette dress above my post would also work well since the wrap around her waist could separate the torso and pants.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Didn't read the post so I'm just going to live with the assumption the picture you posted is her new skin.

• OtakuBurrito

The recolor yes. Someone showed the other skin that no one bothered to show off which is a good step in the right direction but I'd need to see the HD version of it to give my final thoughts

• OtakuBurrito

Yes I LOVE that one the most. I just hate the colors are so muted so it doesn't help the Blendette thing. But as far as fitting her and her lore it's perfect.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

No I mean the image you posted to the box I quoted you in....the gentleman who looks fed up.

• dejablue
    dejablue Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2020

I main Claudette and honestly the darker the clothes, the better. I'm really not into wasting my money playing dress up with these characters. But I'll try anything that could pass for meta.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

Imma tell you right now that you really be complaining about Claudette having cosmetics that fit her, but then you go on to support her getting a whole-ass WEDDING DRESS as a cosmetic.

Tell me how tf you gonna run away from a deformed hillbilly or hulking Oni moving at 300MPH in a ######### Wedding Dress. Explain that to me right now.

Cosmetics that I do like for Claudette:

• The Lab Intern from Tome 1 in the archives looks really nice imo and though I hardly ever play Claudette I think it's what I wear regularly for her. She wears "Comfy clothes to keep [her] warm while collecting samples in the wild." and "Loose jeans with wide pockets and a utility belt to carry all her equipment around.". If that doesn't fit her character I don't know what does
    • Shrub Scholar cosmetics (there are three) all look pretty cute "A fun, casual combination of sweater, skirt, and boots. Perfect for checking out some plants and lifeforms."
    • Elegant Scholar cosmetics (there are three) also look very nice "An elegant outfit for an elegant botanist. Chic and casual, yet professional and smart."
    • Vigo's pupil is also a very popular cosmetic, although that's probably mostly in part due to the lore behind it and the whole fantasy of the Hallowed Blight, Visceral Cankers, and Putrid Serum. Doesn't mean it still doesn't look cool though "Formally owned by an apothecary who used alchemy to obtain chemical and herbal ingredients into a prime material."

Although looking over her "very rare" cosmetics which are supposed to be the premium really good looking ones, I can see what you mean she doesn't have much that looks that great or "fit her" so to speak. The Frosh Week Fanfare and Roving Healer (part of the Fog Travelers collection) are probably the best of the bunch, but the Winter Gala, Spring Break, Belle of the Ball, and Open Day Student (Japanese theme) all look out of place I agree.

Still though, I think it's a bit selfish considering Claudette still has a crap ton of cosmetics because she's one of the original four compared to everybody else. Jeff Johansson and Adam Francis have literally absolutely nothing, they have maybe on or two really nice cosmetics and the other ones are locked behind a paywall. Or even worse those one or two really nice cosmetics are locked behind a paywall on their own. Compared to these two, saying Claudette has no good cosmetics is just being flat out nitpicky

• OtakuBurrito

The same way Nea and Meg run with huge ass camping backpacks on their back, Kate runs with tools hitting her coochie ever .3 seconds, There's along about cosmetics that don't make sense. Kate running around in dairy dukes, Ash able to do gens despite having a hand puppet, Jane being able to move in a suit as well as she does. You act like you don't know wedding dresses don't come with petticoats attached.

And I don't care about being selfish. I made this thread about CLAUDETTE and how I am PERSONALLY unhappy with most of her cosmetics. Coming here and saying that is like saying stop being upset that you ruined your favorite shirt people there are people dying in car accidents. It's annoying. I made this thread because I feel that Claudette constantly receives outfits that don't relate to her personality nor story while many other survivors do. And the survivors who dont have many cosmetics are licensed and the legal tape to get things made for them is hell so therefore they don't get anything. Ghostface is an exception because there are literally dozens of Ghostface designs to pick from. Same thing with StrangerThings when it comes to Steve and Nancy.

Like IDK what you want form me. Do you want me to not vent my frustration about one of my mains because my other mains exist? Does she have good PARTS of cosmetics? Yes. But my whole thing is there is never a good COMPLETE Claudette outfit. Like the make up? Hair is ugly. Like the hair? The color doesn't fit her skin tone. Like the shirt? It doesn't go well with any of the pants. Like the pants? The design of the shirts fit but not the colors. Have I mixed and matched until I found decent combinations? Yes. Is it possible? Yes. But do her cosmetics fall flat in comparison to other survivors especially the females? Yes. Quality over Quantity and you can have 900 shirts but if all of them have holes in them what's the point of having 900 shirts. I would literally trade every single skin Claudette has for one GOOD one that FITS her personality and LORE for all these half assed skins they keep giving her.

Even for my Mikey. He has one cosmetic but I love it dearly because it fits him so well.

• Wouterdevroomen
    Wouterdevroomen Member Posts: 3

M8 why you getting so wound up for a skin

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

They should totally use this! I'm tired of Claudette getting the short end of the stick, Adam too. Her skins are horrible or mediocre at best

• LuffyBlack

Fellow Claudette lover here, I'm tired of her getting crap skins as well. She's one of the OG 4 and she gets no respect. I see a new skin for Nea or Dwight pretty much what feels like every month. I'd be fine if her skins were more creative, I wanted a bunny Claudette instead or some weeb skin and I mostly play as Feng; I was in the bunny Feng cult for years and I would have preferred this instead. Though...I'd kill for a heavy metal Claudette skin complete with corpse paint

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

People actually care about... what characters they play and skins for them? lol...

most skins imo for every survivor and killer are ugly - and there’s no point on spending money on them.

I can understand playing killer but like, the survivors are just all empty shells and could honestly just be interchangeable tbh

• LuffyBlack

Many members of the fanbase has grown attached to these characters, it's not exactly unusual really

This discussion has been closed.