I see the problem with teabagging devs refered to in the survey

Options
WRussoW
WRussoW Member Posts: 715

It does affect gameplay but not in the way you think. Do you like playing against Doctors all the time? Maybe Freddies? Or the bright example would be the Spirit because not so long ago she was really popular. So popular that even me, a person who loves playing against her, got a little bit tired of her. Oh, maybe I can bring a Mori! Or two! What? You don't like that? Fine, I'll take my best add-ons so you have no chance winning! Why would I do that, you may ask.

The frustration. It may be addicting and forces us to play the game more because that's how our brain works but it has a downside for the game. Why people don't play as the Legion often? Overall it's a fun killer that can bring joy. Having fun means much more than killing people, right? ...Right?

Not really. As a weak killer I might be unsatisfied because I can't do much to win without survivors messing up severely. But if they are fun why would I sacrifice the gameplay experience for both me and survivors who like different killers throught out a day? The answer is simple, I don't want to see survivors teabagging and openly disrespecting me for no reason. It brings up a whole new level of dissatisfaction and annoyance that simply won't let me play for fun CONSTANTLY. I can be in a great mood and experiment as a killer with perks, powers, add-ons but ones I get stomped and teabagged my mood just goes down. I no longer want to go easy on people. I take the strongest stuff I can and punish solo survivors who have done nothing wrong. They get upset because now THEY can't have fun.

"Stop tryharding". Well, that's a straight result of teabagging. Sure, strong stuff may be pulled for no reason but why the hell would I waste expensive load-outs on a solo team with no items? It would be a really rare thing.

As for the killers, the majority of my killer characters just covers in dust. I don't play them not because I don't want to learn but because I want to be in a good mood. I may take the Pig or the Legion but usually it doesn't take long for me to become frustrated even if I get a tie. Hey, you don't see much Nurses, right? She is totally not weak, she can pull a trick even in average players' hands and become godlike in expert ones. But you and I have to learn! So you and I might blow for quite a long period of time. And if survivors see that, that just becomes a whole circus where they try to annoy us as far as they can. That's NOT healthy for me. It's not healthy for you.

So, here's why devs asked you. That's how it can be a serious issue for the gameplay. Your thoughts?

Comments

• WRussoW
    edited April 2020
    Options

Gameplaywise, frustration as a survivor usually leads to nothing because even if you switch to a killer you usually don't want to bring strong stuff because "freaking killers, can't do a thing without their red add-ons!". You're angry at a killer, not at survivors. Like, the only thing you can do as an angry survivor is bringing back meta perks and taking good items but that's about it.

If you become toxic, it pays back and you get more evil Doctors or Hillbillies.

• WRussoW
    Options

"Just stop being fooled into breaking the focus omg so easy!!! How can spamming the crouch button take your attention!"

That's how you sound.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Those things aren't apples for apples, bud. T-bagging is not a viable game strat. Just like hitting people on hooks, head nodding/twirling at or on hooked survivors, stutter-following slugged survivors, and KILLER teabagging is not a viable game strat...but they fail to mention ANYTHING about killers in that regard and ONLY address survivor behavior. THIS IS BIAS.

• LALYTHIA
    Options

You also want a more effective comparison of bias in relation to camping/tunneling? These play styles are seen as viable strategies to the devs. You know what was also viable? Infinites. They were built into the game on purpose. Looping is a viable game strategy. "but the counterrrrrrs"...um bloodlust? PWYF? etc. Yet, loops are getting completely nerfed and camping/tunneling remains unaddressed, despite being hellaciously rampant. Both "ruin" games for people, camp/tunnel arguably more because even a mediocre killer can do it to two people per match. But only one side is getting any relief. 🙄 #bias

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Speaking of maturity shouldn't a grown up understand and accept that people think and feel differently instead of bluntly telling them to feel nothing at all (in this specific scenario)?

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

oh boy, seems like people are gettin mad, well:

yeah, pwyf that's op. also, they literally asked people if camping and tunneling are unfair, where's the bias? they even transcripts their meaning so that everyone, even less experienced people could give their feedback.

to you, ok. people may have different sensibilities and maturity, but it has nothing to do with game balance or unfairness. that was the point, you feel mad about teabag, fine, but don't say that it's unfair, it just doesn't make sense.

• LALYTHIA
    Options

"they literally asked people if camping and tunneling are unfair, where's the bias"

Because they literally are coming out with a nerf to survivor looping next week...and are only just now asking the community a question about camping/tunneling, regardless of the fact that both have been an issue and equally long amount of time.

• YaiPa
    Options

you need to learn the difference between a balance/QoL change (infinites gone) and a real nerf (balanced landing nerf or addons nerf), one is unnecessary, a mere band-aid to procrastinate solving the real problem, just like bloodlust was meant to be a temporary band-aid for killers, the other one helps the game state (survivors have been literally gods for 3 years, and slowly, really slowly everything is coming to balance).

that's on them and the people they faced, not on the game.

• LALYTHIA
    Options

"you need to learn the difference between a balance/QoL change (infinites gone) and a real nerf (balanced landing nerf or addons nerf), one is unnecessary, a mere band-aid to procrastinate solving the real problem, just like bloodlust was meant to be a temporary band-aid for killers, the other one helps the game state (survivors have been literally gods for 3 years, and slowly, really slowly everything is coming to balance)."

Thanks for the condescension, but the fact that there is clear bias - the actual point of the conversation - is evident in what I provided to you. :) You are welcome to disagree. But it is what it is. And its not very subtle.

• Hamburger
    Hamburger Member Posts: 28
    Options

Ghost face kinda sweating right now

• Hamburger
    Options

Yeah and I could mori,tunnel, or camp you if I want. The killer could be toxic back. And I'll agree t-bagging is a douche thing but for it to be Questioned to be banable is a stupid and useless question. We should be focused on more important things than this. Like it or not people will always fine a way to be toxic. From t bagging to slapping survivors while they are hooked. Point is this isn't the time for devs to focus on Toxicity. They Should be focus on the DAMN HACKERS and Various bugs, these lovely game has. It should be worth looking at, but not at the moment.

• Demicaster
    Demicaster Member Posts: 9
    Options

Personally I think t-bagging started as something to be toxic but now I feel like people just only label it as that no matter what. I am mainly a suvivor main who makes it to 1-4 usually. I do in others terms "t-bag" but I do it for a different reason. I usually use it as a way to draw the killer towards me some killers will leave you to go after an easier target or to tunnel someone who just got unhooked. I dont mean for it to be toxic but everyone associated it so it cant be helped at this point. Theres so many more things that are purely toxic.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

You're cute if you think a Mori is a threat.

The locker DS combo exists because of people like you.

So thanks. =]

• YaiPa
    Options
  • badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80
    Options

Just out of curiosity...

How is hitting someone one time after hooking them the equivalent of mock sexual assault?

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited April 2020
    Options

I see plenty of killers headbanging the whole match at survivors and do only the usual tunneling and mori crap, that's my definition of toxic people. Wouldn't surprise me if that's mostly the same people that are toxic as playing survivor as well.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Seek a therapist, not a t-bagging nerf.

• LALYTHIA
    Options

So one is actual physical assault on your character and one is mocking sexual assault in front of your character...do you really want to argue the semantics of which is worse...in a video game? LUL get outta here.

• badaB00M3R
    edited April 2020
    Options

Well, the game is specifically designed around the concept of simulated physical assault. In fact, physical assault is the premise. Just by playing the game you can expect to have simulated violence inflicted upon your character. The same cannot be said for sexual assault, simulated or otherwise. The two are hardly comparable.

FYI, It's not actual physical assault since the violence doesn't take place outside of this virtual world. Also, sexual assault isn't particularly funny, nor is it worthy of being mocked.

Enjoy your day.

Post edited by badaB00M3R on
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Wow. Imagine actually caring is someone crouches in front of you.

Some of you guys wouldn't last a day in Halo 2 circa 2005.

• AsePlayer
    Options

Not only that, but t-bagging in DbD isn't even nearly as insulting as in literally any shooter ever.

T-bagging on somebody's dead corpse while they're forced to watch before respawning is way worse lmao

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Well, times have changed, I guess.

I personally am not bothered by people t-bagging or BMing during my killer games (I mean I kinda do that anyways to attract the killer's attention as a Solo survivor). But some people do find it bothersome and it might negatively effect their experience playing the game. I know a friend who has never played many games in her life, and she is really bothered by how disrespectful some players tend to be, not just with t-bagging.

And it's in the dev's best interest to make sure everyone has the best possible experience, because it is their game, they're paying money for it. Not just on the game, but on DLCs and Cosmetics. So of course they would want their customers to be happy, rather than frustrated.

• badaB00M3R
    edited April 2020
    Options

I'd like to reply, but I need to preface with the fact I couldn't care less about someone squatting repeatedly. I find these conversations fascinating to some degree. Heck, the player could have a twitch in their pinky finger for all I know. I only learned it was supposed to be teabagging after so many people "made it so" on the forums. The fact is, simulated sexual assault just isn't funny, cool, or particularly insulting. I'd wager far more people have been sexually assaulted in the world than have been hacked up or tossed onto a meat hook. To me, that should factor in as a consideration somewhere. Still, it shouldn't be reportable. I crouch a couple of times as a quick "thank you" to other survivors when they heal me or whatnot. Since I have no friends that is really the only way I have to communicate.

But...

I also agree with this. After all, I don't think it's toxic at all to hit someone after hooking them. I use it as more of a "Hah! I got you" after a long or annoying chase than trying to be a jerk. But, then again, I don't tunnel or face camp. I'm sure if I did, that would make a difference. Once I learned it was considered toxic behavior, I stopped doing it though. In the real world I refrain from casual profanity even though it doesn't particularly bother me because... well, it's the least I can do to promote a better existence for some folks so... why not?

It's funny... I actually thought someone hitting me with a flashlight after dropping a pallet was trolling until I realized you get points for hitting with the flashlight. Plus, I can clear the pallet while my vision clears so it doesn't hurt me in any way.

As with most things in life, it is what we make it. I've decided I couldn't care less if someone wants to show me the kind of person they are in real life. I won't likely have to deal with them again beyond the confines of the match so, really... I choose to not let it bother me. I believe if more people made that particular choice the community would be perceived as much less toxic.

Your name is apt, but let's be real. Survivors need to be able to crouch, so a teabagging nerf is not the brightest suggestion. I would wager, however, that anyone who needs to stimulate themselves through simulated sexual assault are the ones in need of therapy, not those bothered by it. Though, those who allow themselves to be bothered by it ought to find some perspective and stop giving others so much power over them.

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259
    Options

How privileged a state must you be in that someone "repeatedly crouching", as the devs put it, in a video game is enough to upset you.

• Hamburger
    Options

Not the point doe, Point is killers have their own ways of being toxic. And mori's work fine for me personally. If i feel like I'm being put against a team who can bully me, i put a mori on. I will admit going against Super sweats and cocky a hole survivors is ANNOYING and most times I'll get a 2k while they are tea bagging me at the gates. Point is. I don't think we should focus on that right now( or ever imo, but that's me)

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I guess.

Instead of a mori you can just slug everyone and let them bleedout.

There are other ways, just saying.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

If you get insulted / offended by a tea bag you need to grow up . End off . What a joke XD

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

The only problems I see are snowflakes and hypocrites when it comes to this type of stuff.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Which are the snowflakes and which are the hypocrites?

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

The snowflakes would be the people getting offended by a crouch animation, head nodding or any other expression.

The hypocrites would be the people that do toxic behavior themselves yet are the first to complain.

• WRussoW
    edited April 2020
    Options

Stop justifying this type of behaviour just because "there are worse examples". It's still wrong to act like that.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited April 2020
    Options

Have you not been around more than a month?

Patch notes read this: weve changed ruin because it is FRUSTRATING AND NOT FUN FOR NEW SURVIVORS.

Yeah, they're SUPER killer sided.

The fact that theyre asking about how teabagging affects the game (heres a hint, it doesnt) is ridiculous.

If someone finds a way to be upset or offended about crouching repeatedly, they will ALWAYS find something to be pissy about. Because it doesnt actually affect you at all. They just need an outlet for their personal frustrations, emotions, and so on, and need a scapegoat instead of just accepting that it's a game and why tf should it bother you.

• WRussoW
    Options

How apathetic and disregard must you be to be this indifferent towards feelings of another person.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Simulated sexual assault? Jesus christ you people are reaching. Its pixels in a game. Some people like to bounce like chickens, and some teabag from the old ass days of Halo. It's not remotely a sexual thing anymore.

The people who need help are the ones who let peoples actions, INSIDE A GAME, THAT DOES NOT AFFECT THE GAME AT ALL, affect them to the point of being upset outside of the game. Regulate your emotions. Talk to a therapist if you need to. But dont blame "teabagging" for why you're upset. It's a ######### video game. Grow up.

• badaB00M3R
    Options

Right. Shoving genitals into someone's unwilling mouth isn't sexual asaault...

Look. I don't care that people pretend to do it in a video game. I'm grown enough to not let stupidity bother me. But at least be honest about it. Pretending it's anything else is is unworthy of discussion.

I apologize if my truth kicked you in your safe space.

Have a pleasant day.

• WRussoW
    Options
  • csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Except that is not whats going on in this game. People are bouncing up and down. 99.99999% of the time there's nobody underneath them. Short of certain moris survivrs die face down so even a dc'd body can't technically be teabagged since the mouth is in the ground.

This is just a really silly conversion in my opinion. Quick crouching is neither fair or unfair. Can it be annoying? Yes. Does it skew the results of a game in any direction? Not really. It triggers some people. It used to bother me but i got over it pretty quickly.

It was the dumbest question I've seen on a survey in a very long time.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

You actually read the survey? They asked questions about killer too.

You seem really determined to cherry pick eh?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Pointing at someone is mock assaulting them, you're obviously mock poking them with your finger, and beckoning is also mock slapping someone, duh.

• badaB00M3R
    edited April 2020
    Options

You can say whatever you want. It's clear most people view the action as teabagging. I described teabagging. No more, no less. Everything else is senseless justification.

If you do not view repeatedly crouching as teabagging, then good for you. Know that when you do it most people will think that is what you are doing. They will believe that is who you are.

If I repeatedly crouch in game at certain times, I don't intend it to be teabagging. I know others will interpret it that way. Therefore I choose not to do it. Just as if I hook someone and then hit them I do not intend for it to be an insult, but I know others will take it that way. Both actions are unnecessary and have nothing to do with winning the match, so it's no problem for me to choose not to do them.

As I'm fond of saying, you cannot control other people, but you can control yourself. Or not. The choice is yours.

As for me, I have no problem with truth and the truth teabagging an unwilling participant in real life is sexual assault and those who simulate teabagging in a video game are simulating sexual assault. It's as simple as that.

You don't have to like the truth, but that doesn't make it any less true.

• badaB00M3R
    edited April 2020
    Options

The game is called "Dead by Daylight." If the game was called, "Raped by Daylight," then I would concede my point. 😘

• AsePlayer
    Options

How long is your arm span because you are really REAAAACHING for this one mate.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Literally none of this, especially the stuff about "simulated sexual assault," has anything to do with how fair the game is.