4 gens left don’t give up

Options
Just had two survivors give up on their hooks. Come on not only could I have gotten at least one of you we needed the last half of the gen I was on for hatch at least. 

Comments

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

Maybe they both stopped tapping for a second on accident? I’m sorry that people did that, that’s boogers.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

No please, give up on hook even more:
    I need more of such survivors in my games :wink:

Btw, they didnt even DC, so thats a positive point^^

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    @Master how is that positive? It’s a difference of a second or two. 

@xmenfanatic it was purposeful. Attempt to escape ASAP till struggle then immediate death from a purple perk person.  
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Actions like this demonstrate a total lack of maturity.

• Master
    Options

@kone19 said:

@xmenfanatic it was purposeful. Attempt to escape ASAP till struggle then immediate death from a purple perk person.  

Do I really have to explain why not-DCing is a good thing in a multiplayer game?
    Yikes, seems like we truely have come this far now

Its about time that the devs punish DCing

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

@Master said:

@kone19 said:

Do I really have to explain why not-DCing is a good thing in a multiplayer game?

Absolutely dude! I think a DC should definitely get a penalty. If there was a way to record and keep track of being downed or on a hook paired with DCing, that would be even better.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@kone19 said:
    Just had two survivors give up on their hooks. Come on not only could I have gotten at least one of you we needed the last half of the gen I was on for hatch at least. 

Maybe they forgot to bring "hope" with them

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145
    Options

@Mister_Holdout said:

Not really but ok

I never let go of the hook unless i'm getting farmed/camped/proxy/face or i have just so bad teammates, it's annoying but meh, they will de-pip becouse of it

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:

@Master said:

@kone19 said:

Absolutely dude! I think a DC should definitely get a penalty. If there was a way to record and keep track of being downed or on a hook paired with DCing, that would be even better.

DC is penalized by removing 2 pips from your rank, still, we need a ban system but the devs are too bussy nerfing stuff that doesn't need to be.

• Master
    Options
    Maxi605 said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@Master said:

@kone19 said:

DC is penalized by removing 2 pips from your rank, still, we need a ban system but the devs are too bussy nerfing stuff that doesn't need to be.

Losing pips is actually a reward, not a punishment in this game, just fyi 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018
    Options

Yeah, I hate matches like that. I had a play session the other day where I think I matched with the same SWF group 3 games in a row (at least the same Dwight 3 times in a row). All 3 games, the Dwight gets chased, gets downed, then DCs. On the third game, someone else DC'd and the other survivor was hooked and gave up. The killer felt obligated to give me the hatch, which I don't really like because it's such an undeserving escape. I had No Mither and not the greatest at juking, so she could have killed me at any point during the match.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@kone19 said:

It can be really frustrating to try and do 5 gens with only 2-3 people but its not overly difficult if your teammates are not potatoes. I just had a match where someone DCed once the match started so we had 3 people with 5 gens. Once the first guy got downed he Dced and it was just me and a random. We managed to do the remaining 3 gens and escape (was a rank 2 hillbilly with no BBQ thankfully) and it was the most intense match I've ever played.

Stealth is possible in this game but you have to play very slow and safe. The match as a whole lasted forever. I have to give props to that teammate who stayed, we played it very smart considering we were both solo with no coms.

• kone19
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Master said:

@kone19 said:

Depends on the context. If the difference like I said is a second I could care less. Actively killing yourself has the exact same effect therefore they are equally bad to me. DCing while the killer is carrying you is worse. 

Like I said how is that a positive they are equally bad in this situation.
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

@Maxi605 said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

Not really but ok

I never let go of the hook unless i'm getting farmed/camped/proxy/face or i have just so bad teammates, it's annoying but meh, they will de-pip becouse of it

I don't agree.

If you can't play a game in its entirety, then that shows a lack of maturity on your part.

You should always at least try to win. It ain't over till it's over.

Now if the situation is hopeless, then I could understand.

But from my experience survivors disconnect because they don't like being inconvenienced.

• kone19
    Options
    Maxi605 said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

Not really but ok

If you’re getting camped by killing yourself you give less time for your fellow survivors so yes it is lack of maturity and selfishness. Also what’s you’re definition of bad teammate? All these reasons are petty