About looping killers and still depip...

I was playing solo survivor when I met this team of really good coordinated survivors, and managed to somehow loop the killer for all 5 gens (teammates were always on gens) and got downed and facecamped by a buba when last gen was done. I'm not complaining about him having NOED or a chainsaw that doesn't overheats, but because I de piped in the match. Why do I depip if I managed to entertain enough the killer? It's not my fault that I try to escape from him. Even if I didn't do any gens, I had the killer behind me all the match.

(It was a pretty quick match and only myself got hooked)

Comments

• SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214

because escaping alone is not considered wining under the terms of ranking system. Unhooking, escaping chases, finishing generators, and surviving the trial without getting downed will result in wining ( Pipping or double pipping ).

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2020

Also because he claims he was being chased for 5 gens he had zero opportunities to heal/rescue someone. Hence why his altruism is zero. I main traper and if I got someone in the basement and it's potato survivors who step in my traps I get nothing. Even though I hooked everybody multiple times and few gens got repaired my chaser is non existent because they kept stepping in traps.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Well, if you looped them for 5 gens, and got one hooked you didnt:

-Do any objective work. Gens, totems.

-Save or heal anyone. No altruism, no unhooks, etc.

-Didnt escape, meaning 0 survival points.

Meaning you likely made just over 8000/9000 points, all in boldness. Which will not pip you.

It's unfortunate you got face camped, but if you looped him for 5 gens, hes not going to walk away during endgame.

I'm not saying you played badly, but that's why you de popped. You didnt play to their system.

That being said, the pips don't matter, rank doesnt matter, and matchmaking is a mess, soooo who the ######### cares about pips?

• FixDBDPls
    FixDBDPls Member Posts: 87

I dont know how you run the killer for 5 gens and get a silver emblem, makes me wonder...

• perezkarlo37
    perezkarlo37 Member Posts: 55

Believe me, I also don't know why. It's the same when I repair with a teammate (who has prove thyself) 3 gens but only get a silver for objectives.

• perezkarlo37
    perezkarlo37 Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2020

One last thing, I think it's because he was focusing on vaulting windows and never breaking pallets, so I was always entering and exiting a chase as I stood enough time out of the 'chase' range after getting some distance and then he catching up to me.

(Silver emblem)

• Fitzo
    Fitzo Member Posts: 11

You obviously didnt run him well with a silver chaser

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

The same reason a Killer will depip if they merk all 4 survivors without doing anything else. At least some combination of efforts is typically needed to pip.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

This game isn't called Loop by Daylight for a reason.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited April 2020

I mean like other people said,ur chaser is silver so I dunno whether you are tryna lie or something similar without actual game footage. Although,you will depip even with iridescent chaser because of how the emblem system works. You need to be consistent in all 4 categories,otherwise you won't be able to pip.