Dedicated servers and the Ping Problem.

GoodBoyKaru
GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

PC EU for reference.

So, like a lot of us, I want to play the new update. Killer queues took a while, so I went to check out survivors. Fast queues, so when the first one pops up with high ping (180-200), I'm like "No big deal, probably put me in the American servers by mistake to fill up a game." So I try again, same result. And again.

Okay, maybe it's just that not enough people are playing survivor, time to see if killer is any better.

So there I am, waiting in a 7 minute queue, to see if I can find a match. Eventually I find one. The ping is between 180 and 200. Joy.

So I quit out of dbd and go do an internet check- https://www.speedtest.net/ for reference. I try connecting to London and to Germany, where I'm pretty sure both EU servers are. I try connecting to my own ISP's servers, and the Amazon servers, which I'm pretty sure host the dbd servers. All four times I've had over 50mbps download speed and at least 10-12mbps upload; this is practically a record for my internet, it's usually so bad google struggles to load.

So, is anyone else currently suffering from extremely high ping or is it just me? And if anyone has some advice on how to speed it up (apart from prioritising the Ethernet protocol since I've done that already and removing other people from my network since I can't) that'd be greatly appreciated. Right now, the only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is turning it off, then back on again, which I can't do because others are currently using it. I don't see how this could help though, since everything else is functioning perfectly.

TL;DR - Is anyone else having really high ping on these servers except Xbox players, since I know there are some pretty hefty issues over there?

Comments