Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I "fixed" the Anti Aliasling issue.

Angelicus23
Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

Hello guys, I found out a solution for the AA issue until devs listen us and revert it. I will let you two ways to do this

1-GeForce Experience Game Filter:

(This is just available for nvidia users)

If you updated drivers before you know which app is this, use for that, optimize games, record and stream games.

(you shouldn't see DbD duplicated, I do have it like that because I always leave a security copy every time I update DbD or aply a PTB)

Download link: https://www.nvidia.com/es-es/geforce/geforce-experience/

So what we have to do is going to the settings part which is just at the left of our user name in the corner up-right. Then we enable an option called "in-game overlay".

Then we can now open DBD and activate it pressing alt+z so we can see the overlay. We must now go to an option called "game filter" (if i doesn't appear, go back to the GeForce settings and enable "experimental functions").

Then we choose any number for our graphic settings, add filter, add "details" and the result should look similar to this. The way we're "disabling" Anti Aliasling is by enabling extra sharpness:

NOTE: please don't use that HDR so high, that's my personal setting to help with my brightness eye issue.

This one is a personal recommendation which helped me a lot to difference some objects and characters for their color, helps a lot with red stain and scratchmarks:

For this last one you must be precise with the numbers.

This is how my game looks like for me with "details" and "color" (for you with less HDR it looks a bit darker and doesn't hurt your eyes):

("color" is disabled in this second one)

And this is how it would look by default:

UPDATE: DOWSEY'S METHOD (only for nvidia users):

This consists on using the control panel, and is a faster way to add sharpness, so I won't explain it here and ask you to watch the video to support him.

-QUESTION: is this banable?

-ANSWER. No, Behaviour gave nvidia permission to add filter support.

2-AMD Drivers:

Credits to @Fiv55

(watch the comparisions with the screenshots of their comment)

3- Using SweetFX:

I personally don't know a lot from this but I will help you with all I know.

First here is the best tutorial video for it. It's in German but it's self explanatory by just watching it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWceb0ZmjJg

The download link isn't included, you must google it, or use this one from this link which is the one used in the video. The instructions in english to install it are included in the web page: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5924/

After you installed it and opened DBD once, you will notice in a corner that SweetFX is activated and you have to press "(idk the default one)" key to activate it. Then close DbD, go back to the folder where you installed it and change the settings manually in the note files. This is hard and confusing, that's why the nvidia filter is better.

-QUESTION: is this banable?

-ANSWER: it does exactly the same thing as the nvidia filter, I also tried this for some months because I saw a dev answering a thread saying it's secure, however, I used this in 2018, and I'm not sure if eac changed anything, but I'm really really sure that it's still no banable, so I can't either say yes or no, sorry.

CONSOLE USERS:

for my PS4 I have a TV which has visual settings, almost all the monitors have this. When I choose HDMI3 my TV automatically puts my personal visual settings, now, I can't show this first because mobile pictures to screens look awful and second because all TVs have different settings, so I can't really help you here, you need to explore yourself.

EXTRAS

DISABLING VSYNC AND UNCAP FPS

So as you can see from my screenshots, my fps aren't capped to 60 which is the default setting from the game, and Vsync can be disabled for better skillchecks. I will show now how to fix these too here:

Go to the windows' search bar and type for a program called "Run" or just press windows key+R. After opening, type %appdata% and click on accept.

now here, you have to revert one folder clicking here (where the rectangle says):

Then, by order, open the following folders: Local>Dead by Daylight>Saved>Config>WindowsNoEditor

Here we will find the two files we need:

-Engine.ini

-GameUserSettings.ini

Let's go first with Vsync. Open GameUserSettings.ini then search a line which says "bUseVSync=True". You just need to change "True" to "False" (with capital letter).

(PERSONAL RECOMENDATION) now that you're in this file, to make the game look with better resolution and better textures in low graphics, I recommend you to change the lines of the top of the file like this:

Remember that if you change the settings later ingame, you will have to repeat all this, so to get these settings safe, save changes and close the file, then right click to it, go to propperties and make it "read only". If you want to change anything later, disable this.

Now, uncapping FPS (this is just like we used to do to disable anti aliasling:

Open Engine.ini and go to the end of the file. Leave a line space and copy this:

[/script/engine.engine]

bSmoothFrameRate=false

MinSmoothedFrameRate=5

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=144

bUseVSync=false

so it later looks like this:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Welp this is all, hope I could help you with this issue. Have fun and stay home!

Post edited by Angelicus23 on

Comments