Why do people always complain about stuff like noed all the time

bjorksnas
bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

I don't get whats so problematic about playing the game with 3 perks to have a chance to be stronger at the end. It's easy to counter and leaves the killer at a disadvantage 90% of the match. Why won't they just give up about complaining about noed. Its always stuff like were a swf and we dislike noed or im solo queue and I hate noed. There are at least 4 counters to noed off the top of my head but no they just love to run their 4 meta second chance perks and complain that the killer is allowed one close to a second chance perk.

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Tunneling and camping is a problem when it is done at the start of a match. I don't think the Devs could do anything about it without butchering Killers so there is really not much use in complaining.

I agree with you on the rest.

• PayneMacLeod
    PayneMacLeod Member Posts: 81

Survivors want to play a Generator Fixer Simulation game without anyone disturbing them. And they want to teabag, cause it’s, sweet bruh.

Killers want immobile objects to stab and watch blood flow, because they have serious issues.

I fricking love this game, playing both sides, because it’s tense. It’s like being IN a horror movie each way.

But, people don’t want to have fun, they want to validate themselves by being an Uber min/maxing WAAC bully.

This is what happens when you don’t let kids play tag in playgrounds.

• THEFREAK420
    THEFREAK420 Member Posts: 138

Tunneling and camping are valid. Anything outside of cheating is valid.

• bjorksnas

most of the good pallets are gone? so that means most likely the killer is facing decent survivors who run with a plan. Then it would be perfectly fine to give them a second chance if the survivors use resources effectivly but not effective enough to be ready for the end game and possibly noed " WI T HO UT C LE ENSING totems btw" then its their own fault

• bjorksnas

I play both sides and honestly hearing both complain 24/7 is really annoying

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

No reason to get upset. As I said I personally just don't care about NOED as I play mostly killer anyways but I understand why people flame NOED and killers that run it.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I have nothing against NOED, I only have the problem that it is not in your power to do all totems when playing solo and the match goes fast. This is often the case at red ranks. First hook=2-3 gens done. If you want to pip/not depip (in the case something goes wrong) you need to get the unhook and back on the Gen asap. If you look automatically for totems (as I do) you just ignore them at that point, because you are ######### otherwise concerning your Emblems/Points. And then there's the newer maps (Hawkins and Saloon) where totems are hidden really well. Yes there is Small Game and a Map and a friend of mine uses the perk but I don't because I recall most of the spawn locations. With her (or if everyone does at least 1 totem) there ist almost never a noed. And I am great full for that.

I never felt noed was unfair when playing swf, because you could easily check if all totems were gone, but as a solo? I had so many matches where I did 3 or 4 totems and we got destroyed by noed because the others only thought to do gens. And it wasn't like I was the first to see the totem.

So the real problem is the people, not the perk. If everyone would look for totems while searching for a Gen and do the totem, when seeing one, noed wouldn't be a big deal. Especially if you add a totem counter in the UI.

Yes NOED is a 2nd chance perk that gives you insta down and one token of PWYF, and yes it IS really powerful and sometimes you feel the killer did not deserve the 4k...

Think about a survivor who messes up in chase then uses DH or a Bottled Time/Syringe or gets FL/pallet saved. And when you farm him off the hook he gets BT and DS (I do not like how cocky people get with it) ... there is so many chances Survivors can get...

But NOED is unfair, because the killer has a SINGLE 2nd chance to win the game?

Just do totems guys! Life was never that easy!

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Same reason people complain about adrenaline and DS. It’s blatantly unfair. Shocker I know

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Because doing bones is hard :(

• bjorksnas

14 seconds no skill check the only hard part is location which on 80% of the maps is easy and the other 20% are indoors and glendale

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Yamaoka

I agree with you. I personally HATE using No Ed and I could care less that others do when I play survivor.

However, facts are facts. You ever play against that killer that constantly whiffs, tunnels and camps? Be prepared for No Ed to proc. That’s all I am going to say.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

So you're saying that it would be fine if there was some kinda condition you had to do before it activates?

I think that's kinda the reason people hate ds too, it's also a huge reward without having to do something for it

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

As silly as it sounds even DS has a requirement unlike noed. You have to hit the skillcheck. I'm not going to say it's difficult but it is a requirement nevertheless.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited April 2020

I think it's fairly obvious: people complain about things that they don't like. Nobody has fun dying right at the threshold of Escape because they missed a totem (or didn't do any) so they get upset and complain as a way to vent.

In short, people that complain about NOED had (a) bad experience(s) and either want to avoid such experiences in the future or vent their frustration about said experience(s).

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The problem with NOED is that you don't have to earn it in any way. You don't even have to touch your keyboard to activate it, and the 'counterplay' is often stronger than having the perk active because solo's will throw the game cleansing all 5 dulls against a killer not running NOED.

Nothing is good about NOED in its current state. Nothing is good about Facecamp Insurance.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I've said this in other threads but basically I think the reason people complain is because Dead by Daylight gives them an ego to live up to.

It's easy to let yourself go when you think of how great you are after beating 4 other players, or how great you are after beating an "overpowered" killer. But when something stops you feeling like that, it all comes crashing down.

NoeD is just one of those things.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

NOED ist worst perk design in game. If you cant understand this, well ... you lack all kind of game sense.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

It's not normally an issue. But with the new patch update it's harder for survivors to escape. Throw in a perk like NoED when there's very little time to cleanse totems then it's just not really fair anymore.

• Voerman
    Voerman Member Posts: 12

Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for the obligatory BigBrainMegMain post about cleansing totems.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

I'd replace it with Insidious. It's a perk that promotes camping.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Some people complain because it is easier to ask for nerfs than to adapt and have to change the way they play.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

NoED promotes camping. You can just sit on your first down, then have NoED to back you up. Of course, the devs will never do anything about camping, so instead people complain about NoED to make it a less viable strategy.