The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I feel like genrushing is worse then before

I just had 2 matches in a row where I chased a survivor, while using corrupt intervention and 3 gens poped

I think survivors are soo terrified of working on the same generator because of the recent nerf that they split making gens pop even faster then before

Anyone else feeling the same?

Comments

• Yrakaz4
    Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75

This is where a survivor main comes in and says "GIT GUD".

If you cant catch the survivor , go patrol gens till you can. I admired a trapper last night that would not waste his time chasing me. He hit me and if he saw i would make it to a pallet, he left. He went to a gen.

End of the trial im by myself slugged and only 2 gens done. All because he didnt waste time chasing a guy he wouldnt catch any time soon.

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

And we all knew it was gonna happen. Survs are laughing cause they know they are getting away with murder

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

The chases I had has been fast, hell most of the times they fix the 3 gens when corrupt is still going

I guess most killers will have to rely on a endgame build from now on

• Feiten
    Feiten Member Posts: 204

not really a nerf they countered it in the same update.

Also I prefer to call it more of a balance not a nerf.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

well logically with how ruin works now, people want to stay on gens even more

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Who would have seen coming that once the speed of working together gets nerfed (which is already a bad strategy to begin with because spreading out is more efficient) will make the last potatoe realise it's not worth it and genrushing solo is the better option?

Probably not the same people who thought nerfing healing speed will make gens go slower lol (hurray to resilience + adrenaline meta).

Yeah, I saw it coming no suprise. And it's just day 1. Give it a few weeks and everyone will solo pump gens

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Resilience is meta because it is the only thing in the game that will save you from dedicated window hits. Not for the 7~ seconds it takes off a generator.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

if you leave them they do gens it's a double edged sword

• Calisto_667
    Calisto_667 Member Posts: 137

what do you expect? After all the map nerfs against survivors of course people are gonna gen rush

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I mean....what did you expect to happen?

You change bits of the game, survivors will adapt thats the way its always been. Honestly I don't mind the changes one way or another, I was never big on looping because i sucked at it and found my own niche in the game. But once you change something in a game, survivors are going to adapt.

You nerf healing, survivors will choose a build that compliments doing gens in place of self healing.

You nerf toolboxes, smart survivors will save that toolbox for the last gens

You nerf one meta perk, survivors will move on to a new meta.

This newest change has pretty much made it smart gameplay, from a survivor perspective, to split up on gens, and I'm sorry but you can't fault survivors for that. They aren't in the game purely as decoration, they want to win as much as you and will adjust tactics to do so every time there is a change.

Again, not complaining about the changes, but i think its unfair to expect the goalposts to be moved again and again when it turns out that the patch didn't suddenly solve all your problems, in this case, not stopping the gens going by too fast.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

This is just like the self-care Nerf that many killers advocated for, and then what happened? People stop using self care and bring other perks or just stay injured and focus on generators.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Logically with how prevalent NOED is, people want to stay on gens less

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I mean, they're doing their core objective, the same as you. You can't blame them for being efficent and doing gens one each. When I play Survivor now, I won't use Gens when 2 people are on it. It's not worth it time-wise. Survivors are just doing what it takes to get out alive.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

yes. also, the fact that you know that once a chase starts you will die makes survivors want to gen rush asap

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    edited April 2020

True, nowadays it's the main reason to use it. I use it mainly for vaulting now. But before dedi hits were a thing it was more popular for genrush reasons since everyone stayed injured most of the time.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

This game needs a completely rework of the survivors objectives.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Run a timer during your match then post the results.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

That's not the case on xbox, I play solo and every game we just do the gens whether someone else is on it or not.

• Yrakaz4
    Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75

Keep in mind tour sword is deadlier. Thats why i brought up the story of the trapper. He was so good about calling his shots and spent a lot of patient time waiting till he could down a survivor.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited April 2020

And what do you do if the 4 survivors are a bit good (no necessary to be a pro)? They can stay in a chase enough time for 2 gens to be done and popping at the start on the game even if you drop a chase every 10-15 seconds and kick the most advanced gen, what do you do? Just Kicking gens all the time?

Genrush is a problem in the game, anybody who don't notice this is survivor sided. Even if you see main killer streamers with 4k+ hours in twitch they say genrush is a problem.

BuT ThIs Is OuR ObJeTiVe, WhAt dO YoU SuPoSe We HaVe To Do?

Break dull totems, you can disable an endgame NOED and you get 1000 boldness points for each which is very good. Unhook survivors an heal them, tank them a Hit if the killer is a tunneler, this a lot of Altruism points.

Some survivor think the only things are Objetives and Survival (specially Objetives), Boldness and Altruism don't exist for them. You get more BP and even get better emblems at the end of the game and pip more. I personally prefer to get chased, search for totem and rescue team mates than just holding M1. I prefer to do that things even if I die than just hold M1 for X minutes and scaping, it's way more amusing and you get more point than just holding M1.

A lot of survivor have the obsesion of only do gens, they even repair while they are hurt without Resilience equiped or Stay in a generator to do this at all cost even if you are coming despite getting hit or downed due that risk OMG, that's so stupid.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

They nerfed the speed when survivors work on the same gen. it’s not by a lot and I don’t even think about it, you just got unlucky unfortunately.

if you find that you are being gen rushed - you’re spending too long on the chase or you’re not applying enough pressure on survivors. Noticing what gens survivors go to and want to complete and scare them away and try to destroy it each time they touch it.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Calling it “worse” is implying that it was better to begin with. Survivor main much?

• SmarulKusia

But this is just not true. Killers have instant knockdowns, moris, perks that essentially track gens or regress progress - hell, there’s even perks that that stop survivors from escaping.

survivors have to SHARE their scores, I’ve never seen two survivors get 30k in the same game. Getting a 30k is much easier as killer than survivor. Dull totems are a side objective - survivors don’t have to do them at all and can ignore them.

Survivors are “obsessed” with doing generators because it is their only form of achieving escape unless they are the last one alive - but even then it is unlikely that one will survive or find hatch before the killer.

• IamFran

But why to ignore them? Do you really enjoy more holding M1 and stay hidden all the times if killer come than doing more things and getting better emblems and more BP? I admit that when I was a Novice I was obsesed with scaping and more scared by the killer, until I finally realize that is more amusing to do everything than just holding M1, even if I don't scape.

• SmarulKusia

personally, I play with my friends and we take turns in running the killer / doing gens.

im not too good at running killers but will gladly do anything else in game. But my point is - you HAVE to do generators to escape. People aren’t going to go, “ooh hey, I’m on this gen by myself? Let me go find another survivor” THEYRE just going to go on gen and get it done.

but to say that the game is survivor sided just because they are doing what they’re meant to be doing is a bit silly.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

What did you guys expect??? I already knew this was gonna happen. I never understood why killers complained about multiple survivors working on gens. lol

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

So you know how they going to play and you still cant counter it

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I’m not surprised the developers are caving to the killers every whim and demand. Even i’m sick of the complaining now.

Just make survivors do 10 gens and have them take 2 minutes each. Also make NOED basekit. There we go now maybe finally we wont get a complaint about genrush every 5 minutes

• Blindninja

You all know you have it easy and you are laughing at 90% of The Killers out there quit playing

• kreX
    kreX Member Posts: 20

When I see someone on a gen I am not like: "oh this will make us slow as #########" instead I am like: "hell yeah! coop points!"

Even if first gens fly by, there are later gens which they either repair separately and do much more work than needed to be or they stack and the debuff applies. In any scenario it will slow down the game...

• xnicolay
    xnicolay Member Posts: 70

game after game, gen rush gen rush gen rush.

survivors with 10k 15k points, you never seen them in the entire match

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

"Survivors have it easy"... We've literally been nerfed patch after patch after patch and this most recent one practically destroyed all chances of survivors being able to loop you long. When are you going to stop complaining and just realize maybe YOUR gameplay just needs to improve?

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

There needs to be a "Vote Down" option on forum comments, so the dumbest ones can just get auto removed. 😂

• IamFran

Tell people with 4k+ hours and always in red ranks who complain about genrush that they just need to improve their gameplay, LoL.

A lot of them are almost forced to play certains killers and/or builds with Pop goes the wessel and/or Corrupt Intervention which are META due the genrushing.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Imagine needing to run a META perk?.. Doesn't that sound familiar when Survivors are told they should just run DS/BT to prevent tunneling? Or to just bring Detectives Hunch/Maps to prevent NOED?

• IamFran

I almost never seen nobody using maps and detective's hunch, #########?

DS is for counter the tunneling ok, there are tunnelers and campers out there, but I don't see this kind of killers as frequently as survivors genrushing which are in maybe 8 out of 10 games.

And I think that Dead Hard and Iron Will are more meta than DS.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Here's my theory behind your observations. 😄

Survivors are noticing they can't do generators together because of the inefficiency effect.

3 Survivors (Repairing Together): 1.65 Charges/Second to complete a single generator.

3 Survivors (Repairing Alone): 3 Charges/Second to complete, in good circumstances, up to 3 generators.

That's probably why more generators are getting completed! 😅

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

So 2 survivors on a gen increased by 3 seconds, it’s not really a nerf, more like a small change.

• kreX
    kreX Member Posts: 20
  • MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

This is bullshit though. People get accused of gen rushing all the time even when they haven't.

I have been told to "Get AIDS gen rushers" in post game chat. In a game where all totems were cleansed, all gens done, both exit gates open, all chests opened. What do you expect the survivors to do other than that? Sabotage every hook on the map?

Gen rush is an excuse used by so many people because they lost not because the gens went too quick but because they were too ######### to handle the survivors. Never hear the killer moaning that the game ends quickly because they slugged everyone within 2 minutes though.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited April 2020

Nothing changed on how players do gens. NOTHING. How about not conspiring every day, killers?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

Honestly, I think A LOT of this comes from Tru3...where every game that isn’t easy for him is blamed on SWF genrush. Just watch his chat, even before he says anything you’ll see people typing “must be SWF”, “GeN sPeEd Is FiNe”...it’s comical. Then all his fans just mimic what he says when it comes to their own games. Now he’s even saying “must be SWF with stretched screen”😂, so I’m sure we will be seeing a lot of that here.

• Blindninja

You guys are still full of it. Yall sit back and laugh at killers 8 out of 10 games then when one finally kills you suddenly the game is killer sided. You have it easy and you all know it. You're spoiled.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

smaller maps... means the survivors can get to gens faster now... it's huge survivor buff