The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is DC'ing after a match okay?

Chi
Chi Member Posts: 780

I don't want to get banned, but I also don't want to be at the red ranks anymore.

Comments

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    After a match? If the match is over then youre not DC. Anytime during the game up to and including you being sacrificed as a survivor is still a DC. If you have reached the after match screen then you cant even DC from there.
  • Chi

@jwentzel987 said:
    After a match? If the match is over then youre not DC. Anytime during the game up to and including you being sacrificed as a survivor is still a DC. If you have reached the after match screen then you cant even DC from there.

If I am dying or about to escape, I see the match as pretty much over

• Chi

@Orion said:
    Just let the Killer kill you. Problem solved.

I am not going to screw over my teammates like that.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

And that's really the problem with that dc stuff, so many matches I was in were ruined by other survivors by doing that.

• Chi

@HookedonDemand said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

And that's really the problem with that dc stuff, so many matches I was in were ruined by other survivors by doing that.

I have as well. Which is why I wouldn't just let myself die like that.

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    You DC because you are probabaly going to die is a lame excuse. If you're getting your third hook it still takes the killer those few extra seconds to pick you up and walk to the hook and gives you a chance to wiggle free. Same goes for a second hook since you will enter the struggle state. You're giving time to the other survivors to fix gens. If you see it as "im just going to die anyway" then why bother playing? You DC while the match is STILL in progress. If you were the last person left alive and you DC its still shirty because now you're punishing the killer because you got caught. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Chi said:
    I don't want to get banned, but I also don't want to be at the red ranks anymore.

If you DC after I hooked you, I dont care tbh
    Devs dont punish DCing anyway, so ......

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

Wait until a generator is repaired, then let the Killer kill you. Problem solved.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

Wait until a generator is repaired, then let the Killer kill you. Problem solved.

Teammates would think she needs help and might die as well in the process
  • Chi

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

That would still be screwing them over. :|

• Orion

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

How so? The game is made so N Survivors have to repair N+1 generators before the exits are powered. Hell, fix the generator yourself if you're so worried about screwing over your teammates (never mind the fact that you're gonna screw over low-rank Killers by deranking, but clearly you only care about one side of the equation).

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

You can DC. Devs apparently stopped pretending they ban anyone for it so feel free.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I mean you could run no mither and object of obsession that way the killer will (most likely) camp you for having OOO and won’t slug you (for having no mither)
  • Chi

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

How so? The game is made so N Survivors have to repair N+1 generators before the exits are powered. Hell, fix the generator yourself if you're so worried about screwing over your teammates (never mind the fact that you're gonna screw over low-rank Killers by deranking, but clearly you only care about one side of the equation).

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

Do you ever play survivor? You would know that being down a teammate at any point is a serious disadvantage for the survivors. 3 survivor games suck for survivors because the 4th survivor is really needed to keep the game going somewhere. :|

• Orion

@Chi said:
    Do you ever play survivor? You would know that being down a teammate at any point is a serious disadvantage for the survivors. 3 survivor games suck for survivors because the 4th survivor is really needed to keep the game going somewhere. :|

Yes, I do (though not lately, I admit). If Survivors play smart and adapt (stealth instead of looping, for example), 3v1 is still very much winnable.

Now, do you ever play Killer? Because all you care about is making sure other Survivors aren't screwed over by your deranking, but you have no problem going to a lower rank to abuse newbie Killers.

• Ryuti
    Ryuti Member Posts: 19

Even if it's at the end of the match, it still counts and if you do it enough you'll get a softban. I'd advise against doing it.

• Chi

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

Yes, I do (though not lately, I admit). If Survivors play smart and adapt (stealth instead of looping, for example), 3v1 is still very much winnable.

Now, do you ever play Killer? Because all you care about is making sure other Survivors aren't screwed over by your deranking, but you have no problem going to a lower rank to abuse newbie Killers.

Just because I am not biased against survivors like you are, does not mean I don't play killer.
    I play about as much killer as I do survivor.
    I am not going to hand out an easy win to a killer, just because I don't like my rank. I would much rather just not play survivor and chill as a killer.

• Chi

@Ryuti said:
    Even if it's at the end of the match, it still counts and if you do it enough you'll get a softban. I'd advise against doing it.

Thank you!

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited September 2018
    My advice, be the totem person. Focus on totems 1st then generators. If you avoid directly doing too many gens and avoid being the main unhooker you should be able to de-pip a fair amount.
  • NoMitherPlayer
    NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174
    Just dc. If a player dc I won't enjoy it but if he texts me back it's for derank, I will understand him. Honestly. You probably were a good teammate in thousand games, so it's ok feel free to dc.
  • Master

@Ryuti said:

How much is enough?
    I still havent heard of anyone who got even only softbanned for DCing and I know guys who DC a lot :lol:

• Ryuti
    edited September 2018

@Master said:

@Ryuti said:

How much is enough?
    I still havent heard of anyone who got even only softbanned for DCing and I know guys who DC a lot :lol:

We don't disclose the exact amount so people aren't counting every DC to stay just under the threshold. It's nothing you'd hit unless you intentionally go out of your way to DC a lot though.

• Master

@Ryuti said:

@Master said:

@Ryuti said:

How much is enough?

We don't disclose the exact amount so people aren't counting every DC to stay just under the threshold. It's nothing you'd hit unless you intentionally go out of your way to DC a lot though.

So intentionally DCing by derankign and doing this regularly seems ok? That means that the DC ratio must be above 50%, that would be insane

• Ryuti

@Master said:

@Ryuti said:

@Master said:

@Ryuti said:

How much is enough?

So intentionally DCing by derankign and doing this regularly seems ok? That means that the DC ratio must be above 50%, that would be insane

I don't think I said that. You'll definitely hit the threshold if you're going around DCing to derank.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@Ryuti said:

@Master said:

@Ryuti said:

@Master said:

@Ryuti said:

How much is enough?

I don't think I said that. You'll definitely hit the threshold if you're going around DCing to derank.

I don't know if the devs realize this, but there are so many people not interested in playing in high ranks, or playing with rank at all. This is a clear indication that people want a more casual version of standard play, which is not KYF. People will try to derank for it, may even stop playing for a while just to derank without getting banned - which by the way in my opinion is just stupid, banning people because they just want to play more casually. Besides, how can the devs know when they're banning someone, that the individual in question actually deranked legitimately..

Example

You have a player who got into the high ranks through playing SWF, but then plays a lot of matches solo where the player in question deranks over the threshold, where the player only deranked because he/she was not on his/her own good enough to stay in those ranks. Furthermore, they have no idea what amount effort was required to reach the high ranks for the particular player in question in the first place. Where they have no idea of this player when the deranking took place, if there were factors that legitimately affected his/her performance, like for instance playing while not being well, simply not putting as much effort into playing as there was when the player reached the high ranks. Besides, bad internet connection, internet or network issues could also be the reason for many dc's.

In regards to internet/network issues, personally I've had an issue with my network were suddenly the networks adapter would reset 10+ times, all due to a windows driver update, where it's only recently I narrowed down that the new windows driver was the culprit and after rolling back I haven't had an issue.

So honestly, they shouldn't be banning people, they should acknowledge why people want to derank, and fix accordingly, so if that means a casual standard mode, then they should implement that, which really shouldn't be all that hard. Plus, there really should be an unranked casual mode for those that don't want to play that competitively.