DC killers

Options
Okay, so please enlighten me as to why if survivors DC a killer gets bonus points and when a killer DC survivors lose everything? When will this ever be fixed? I just get tired of losing all my points and stuff? (Note I have never DC nor do I plan to yet as a killer it seems to be only benificben when force closing app from what I hear)

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I've yet to dc/rage quit but I've been sorely tempted to. But tonight has been atrocious for quitters on both sides 1-3 survivors bailing so they don't get sacrificed or hate killer.

That said holy cow the killers tonight are so bad it's like free weekend again. I've 4 straight lobbies where they didn't like the team comps. There was another 2 where they didn't like the team comps but waited until offerings were used and then game was loading and quit.

So you end up getting a few points but on your screen it shows both you and the killer disconnected but not anyone else. I'm wondering if that means the killer sees all 4 as dc'd and gets a free report against everyone dinging them falsely.

This isn't a rare occurrence anymore but has gotten worse since PTB and the f2p weekend started. While ft2 is over PTB is still going and it seems issues there are creeping over.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:
    Okay, so please enlighten me as to why if survivors DC a killer gets bonus points and when a killer DC survivors lose everything? When will this ever be fixed? I just get tired of losing all my points and stuff? (Note I have never DC nor do I plan to yet as a killer it seems to be only benificben when force closing app from what I hear)

Survivors get 5k BP when a killer leaves.

• powerbats
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vulipus13 said:

I've gotten far less, unless the match has gone at least 5-10 mins or better. You get I think around 2k or so may'be less if they bail during loading screen or right after it starts but I could be wrong. I'll screenshot it next time for sure.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

Survivors get 5k points as an 'Escape'.
    Not as a reward for a Killer disconnecting, but since there's no Killer to kill in the match, the ultimate resolution is that Survivors would escape.
    So it's just an instant escape.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@Judgement said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Not as a reward for a Killer disconnecting, but since there's no Killer to kill in the match, the ultimate resolution is that Survivors would escape.

That's your bonus, Should the devs consider taking that away since your not actually escaping then?
    killer gets 1250 per survivor d/cing, survivors get a full 5k instantly if the killer d/cs so sure..complain and beg for more.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:
    That's your bonus, Should the devs consider taking that away since your not actually escaping then?
    killer gets 1250 per survivor d/cing, survivors get a full 5k instantly if the killer d/cs so sure..complain and beg for more.

Excuse me, where the ######### did I say I was complaining or begging for more, mate?

• powerbats
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:
    @Judgement said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

I have to agree here that take what's given since the killer gets screwed more if survivors bail. No sacrifices, no chases, no hits and downs etc.

• Frockz551
    Frockz551 Member Posts: 45
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:
    @Judgement said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Correction: Killers get 675 bp per survivor d/cing. 1250 bp is if 2 survivors d/c.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@Frockz551 said:

@AlexAnarchy said:
    @Judgement said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Correction: Killers get 675 bp per survivor d/cing. 1250 bp is if 2 survivors d/c.

Thank you for that : P so it means even less reason for survivors to whine about it then.

• Frockz551
    Frockz551 Member Posts: 45
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Frockz551 said:

@AlexAnarchy said:
    @Judgement said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Thank you for that : P so it means even less reason for survivors to whine about it then.

Yup, especially if they havent been hooked yet. And remember the 675bp is in the brutality category not the sacrificial category.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:

Actually its exactly the other way around
    When survivors DC the killer gets a small amount of BP, if all survivors DC he will go out of the game with 2500 BP. He will lose all his addons and offerings which were considereably more expensive than 2500, the game will give him a black pip for that

If the killer DCs survivor get 5000 BP (everyone of them) for the escape and KEEP their items+addons, they only lose their offerings. They will also be given a blackpip

To summarize, survivors gain BP from a DC in total, killers lose BP from DCs. Rank will stay the same

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:

Several reasons :

• Most of D/Cs are during a phase where the killer should get points, aka about to get hooked/sacrificed.
    • It's also an old artefact of the old meta, where BP were the way to pip for killers, so killers did need some kind of compensations for a D/C
    • It doesn't give points to fellow survivors for a simple reason : not to empathize D/C to give BP to your teammates (especially SWF)
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

ALT-4. Your entire post is now gone and you can’t do anything about it, bye

• Vulipus13
    Vulipus13 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Judgement said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

This is not so when they hard DC. Quitting in game you may get 5000 for escape plus whatever you earned, however when they force close app or unplug their system it does the survivor no Justice.
  • powerbats
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:
    Judgement said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

This is not so when they hard DC. Quitting in game you may get 5000 for escape plus whatever you earned, however when they force close app or unplug their system it does the survivor no Justice.

So true and lets not forget you lose your offerings and in case of my last few games having a survivor(s) quit just screws over everyone remaining both the killer and the survivors.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    ALT-4. Your entire post is now gone and you can’t do anything about it, bye

Oof, I got flagged TWICE, guess I #########-posted in the wrong neighborhood. Well anyway, to explain the post, I also agree survivors need some more advanced compensation, as do killers, as all it takes is pressing alt-4/ closing app and all the survivors points and work and effort they put in is unjustifiably have now been flushed down the drain. Hence why I said that with no reasoning, basically to emulate the “I “disagree” with your gameplay, so I’ll make you lose everything just to spite.

• powerbats
    Options

@Jack11803 I think you would've been better served to have explained your comment better since sadly the internet doesn't translate jokes very well because you can't see the persons face nor hear their voice to know better.

• Jack11803
    Options

@powerbats said:
    @Jack11803 I think you would've been better served to have explained your comment better since sadly the internet doesn't translate jokes very well because you can't see the persons face nor hear their voice to know better.

Well, after a flag from to different people, they check what’s up, and it hasn’t been taken down yet, and flagging rarely happens, so at least the mods got it.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@powerbats said:

Well, after a flag from to different people, they check what’s up, and it hasn’t been taken down yet, and flagging rarely happens, so at least the mods got it.

I understand this one being flagged of all of them though, by far I had WAY less context then I normally do, to the point where someone might not even know what I’m saying, and think I’m M A X I M U M stupid.

• powerbats
    Options

haha I can totally understand that and btw I totally got the alt-F4 reference since people would get told to do that all the time in online games.

• Vulipus13
    Vulipus13 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@powerbats said:

I understand this one being flagged of all of them though, by far I had WAY less context then I normally do, to the point where someone might not even know what I’m saying, and think I’m M A X I M U M stupid. 

(Vulipus13) you're going to cringe when I tell you this, but I don't actually play PC. I'm on ps4. I want a PC but to have one worth calling a rig is expensive for me but I plan on joining when I can save some mons. But I get it now. That's pretty funny. But yeah the killers basically do throw a tantrum when they force close the app and screw survivors out of everything xD

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I've had games as survivor where I didn't get the 5k for escape when the killer dced. I've had games where the team was doing well, so they dced and we were rewarded with just 4k or so because the killer "unplugged". This isn't fair, especially if we used an offering (like a bps), don't you think?